LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Lives!

Rob_G

Unified Lives!

View File

This theme is my re-take on the excellent Unified-Refried theme and I called it 'Unified Lives!'.  The goal is to present more information to the user during game selection as well as using more graphic assets to complement the display experience.  I hope you like it!  

- An informative game card that shows many details of the currently selected game.

- 6 Game wheel views.  2 vertical, 3 horizontal and 1 text. 

- 4 Platform/playlist views

-  Single views for game and platform text views (these are necessary views)

- Marquee, box 3d, disc, cd, 3d cart and front flyer images are all used.  Visibility rules determine how they appear, depending on platform and also file availability.

- Supports different aspect ratios.  If it doesn't look right on yours please let me know!  

- Wheel Badges for Favorite, Completed and Broken games. 

- Created with Community Theme Creator 2.5

- Dynamically changing theme images based upon current platform/playlist. just like Refried.  

** Rename 'background' folder to enable fanart.

** Rename the 'Devices' folder to always show a random game screenshot in platform/playlist views.

** Place your choice of fanart in 'fanart fallback' folder when game or platform fanart does not exist, a random image is chosen

** ESRB icons.  If you don't want them, delete or rename the icons.  The 'Not Rated' icon is renamed due to the number of titles without rating.  Remove the exclamation from the filename to see it.

*** Do not overwrite previous versions of the theme, replace the folder.  Folder and file structure can change between versions! 

Edited by Rob_G
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 9:22 PM, darreldearth said:

Nice! I like the theme being able to see all the extra info. Is there any way to add number of players rather than play mode? Or just show both?

The max number of players is shown as the number of gamepad icons.  S icon = Simultaneous, A = Alternating.  The metadata is usually quite accurate for arcade games, maybe a little less for console games.  

I used icons because it takes a lot less room to display the same information.  Actual text strings would be too long to fit nicely.

Rob

Edited by Rob_G

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The theme seems to be broken after the recent update. i get the error in the screenshot. Not sure 100% if its the theme or launchbox is just bugged in general but figured id ask if anyone else is having this issue with this theme. also none of the themes views work anymore as if they cant be found so the views revert back to default views

2018772140_Untitled2.thumb.png.6488962c611c7f415ff93679dc7188fe.png

• 5 months later...

Long overdue for an update.  I had started a horizontal view format long ago, but never finished it.  I decided to do that tonight and made 3 horizontal views.

Ha, I forgot to add favorite and broken icons to the new views.  I'll fix that in a day or two, depending how motivated I am.. :)

edit:  Icons are added... :)

Edited by Rob_G
  • Like 1

I have another update coming very soon.  I completely revamped the video borders and ditched the pre-fabricated non-arcade ones.  The theme will now dynamically recreate the original look, albeit maybe a little better and with more flexibility.  This means slightly bigger device images and the main logo will be using the Platform clear logo.   It makes non-arcade platforms consistent in design and view.  And if you have the device png, just drop it into the devices folder with the rest of the device images and it will be displayed automatically.  

All of the arcade video borders (an arcade cabinet) were left as is.  

Rob

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by Rob_G
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob_G said:

I have another update coming very soon.  I completely revamped the video borders and ditched the pre-fabricated non-arcade ones.  The theme will now dynamically recreate the original look, albeit maybe a little better and with more flexibility.  This means slightly bigger device images and the main logo will be using the Platform clear logo.   It makes non-arcade platforms consistent in design and view.  And if you have the device png, just drop it into the devices folder with the rest of the device images and it will be displayed automatically.  

All of the arcade video borders (an arcade cabinet) were left as is.  

Rob

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, denmiclaw said:

Just curious, but is it be possible to re-color/replace the blue background/image of the Game Details box?  If so, where would I look for it?

Thank you!

You can replace or edit it.  The file is in the folder "Launchbox\Themes\Unified Lives!\Media\MainMenu".

You would also have to edit 'Frame1' in the xml file to change the desired color opacity.  I have sometimes thought about replacing the frame image, but I could never find anything else I liked.  I spent many hours trying various configurations of images, colors, sizes etc.

What color did you want?  Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your message until now.

Rob

Edited by Rob_G

I added a wall view for the next upcoming version.  I had to fix an issue in game horizontal view 3 where the box/disc images were not showing.  I did it for fun and to see what it would look like.  

If anyone has ideas about updating/replacing/improving the game information card, I'm all ears!    

Rob

wall.jpg

Edited by Rob_G

On 11/14/2022 at 11:00 AM, denmiclaw said:

Thanks for the response!  Just speaking for myself, I think it looks better with how it's shown above,  The card border itself was fine, I mainly wanted to see how it would look with the blue background transparent.  

I agree, it was perhaps too much 'blue'.  The transparency effect was originally created with a frame, but I have now removed that frame and added a glass transparency to the card image itself.  

So the user can choose to use the card or not, with or without glass effect as well.  Just manage the card.png file in the media folder.

Uploading 3.2 now.....

Rob

• Like 1