LaunchBox Community Forums

12.5 Beta Testing

faeran

36 minutes ago, erling1000 said:

C-Beats: You were a few minuts faster than I was my self...

I checked up. Not the install process. 😊 When I close down LB and reopens no error. But when I reboot Windows 10 (and that I also did before each new beta)  the settings are partially gone.

Settings in top menu Badges -> Show Badges remain, but Badges -> Game Attributes -> Enable Favorite (and the other I selected, like Completed, Broken, Unplayed and MAME High Scores) disappear / reset when rebooting Windows.

And right click top tiles of LB Listview choosing the things I want LB to “Show” doesn’t reset setting “Show Badges” when rebooting Windows.

I tried rebooting windows 5 times in a  week including two Beta updates and every time thenmentioned settings reset.

Settings are saved when you close LaunchBox. Is it possible that you are rebooting Windows without closing LaunchBox first? This would force close LaunchBox and skip that saving process that happens in the background after closing.

🧐

Just found out I can’t do this any more: (import single roms, last import was 11th of nov. 2021)

Tools > Import > Rom files... > Next > Add Files > (locating file) Open > Next > (choosing platform) Next > (choosing  emulator) Next > Use the files in their current location > (tick Search for game information in the local database (recommended) Next > (Check None) Next > (only tick Manual) Next > (only tick Look for PDF files for use as game manuals) Next > ... then no game titles shows in next menu, before this the selected game showed up, and I clicked Finish, and the game was installed. Now it says 0 games were imported successfully, and before it always said 1 game was ...

Weird 😯

2 minutes ago, erling1000 said:

🧐

Just found out I can’t do this any more: (import single roms, last import was 11th of nov. 2021)

Tools > Import > Rom files... > Next > Add Files > (locating file) Open > Next > (choosing platform) Next > (choosing  emulator) Next > Use the files in their current location > (tick Search for game information in the local database (recommended) Next > (Check None) Next > (only tick Manual) Next > (only tick Look for PDF files for use as game manuals) Next > ... then no game titles shows in next menu, before this the selected game showed up, and I clicked Finish, and the game was installed. Now it says 0 games were imported successfully, and before it always said 1 game was ...

Weird 😯

You sure the game is not already imported? Usually when you get 0 games imported that is the reason. Try doing the same game again and checking the box in the wizard to "Force Import Duplicate Games" or similar wording and see what the result is.

6 minutes ago, faeran said:

Settings are saved when you close LaunchBox. Is it possible that you are rebooting Windows without closing LaunchBox first? This would force close LaunchBox and skip that saving process that happens in the background after closing.

👍

yes, thar’s it.

I always close LB by cross in right corner and then reboot windows, but new LB behaviour / setting  in taskbar system area (little LB i on) was the thing that did LB is not closed all the way on the Cross any more 😊

33 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You sure the game is not already imported? Usually when you get 0 games imported that is the reason. Try doing the same game again and checking the box in the wizard to "Force Import Duplicate Games" or similar wording and see what the result is.

Well I tried the forced import like you said, and it helped, even though the game wasn’t previously imported. I searched before, and Cover Girl.fpt was imported, but Cover Girl (Keeney ‘47).fpt (not a clone) was not, but forcing it made the day. Does LB not read all the filename, like the Keeny-part or does it find the game name from the emulator instead of using the filename? In LB they both only appear as Cover Girl. Should I deselect / untick “Search for game information in the local metadata database (recommended)”?

The other game I used to confirm was bad in a way.

Have a nice day 😊

Edited by erling1000

10 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Assume the play time tracker is theme-dependent? I am using the excellent Rincewind theme and accumulated play time is not showing despite it being ticked in options.

Any new feature that shows in the UI will need updated custom themes, that's just the way it works i'm afraid, the theme you use simply isn't aware of that data/UI point, so can't show it until the code is updated to do so.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Any new feature that shows in the UI will need updated custom themes, that's just the way it works i'm afraid, the theme you use simply isn't aware of that data/UI point, so can't show it until the code is updated to do so.

No worries, thanks. I'm sure Rincewind will come to the rescue.

Hi,
I would like to see, when the playtime is editable to add my tracked playtimes.
If I edit the <PlayTime> in a platform xml, launchbox crashes while startup. 
When I start any game through Launchbox, to see how Launchbox write the tracked time, the playtime is still zero, but the time in Launchbox was tracked.

Got the latest Official release, and not sure who else is experiencing a very slow download to media, and even sometimes importing takes longer than usual and even getting inaccurate download counts to where you have to try again at times to get everything you checked off.

Not sure who else is coming across the same issue, but also seem to be experiencing moments in LaunchBox where if you right-click on a game, you sometimes don't get the Open option until you try to right-click it again. Also had a moment where I was setting multiple versions of Xenia, and after I set the first one, it would set the next one as FCEUX or Nestopia to where I had to rename the default Xenia and other variants as something else just so others can get the Xenia settings each time I brought in another variation of Xenia.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, AZUR3US said:

Hi,
I would like to see, when the playtime is editable to add my tracked playtimes.
If I edit the <PlayTime> in a platform xml, launchbox crashes while startup. 
When I start any game through Launchbox, to see how Launchbox write the tracked time, the playtime is still zero, but the time in Launchbox was tracked.

You are always able to edit metadata in the XML, but only if you do it correclty. If LaunchBox is crashing as the result of an XML edit, then the XML edit was ultimately not done correctly. We generally don't encourage text edits of the XML files though unless you're a developer, because it can be difficult to do them correctly.

The XML is definitely updated when the play time is updated. The issue might be that you're not closing down LaunchBox completely before editing the XML files though.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:29 PM, RULLUR said:

Got the latest Official release, and not sure who else is experiencing a very slow download to media, and even sometimes importing takes longer than usual and even getting inaccurate download counts to where you have to try again at times to get everything you checked off.

We have had higher than usual traffic lately, but outside of the same one-off issues where users in some areas just have unfortunately bad Internet connections to the servers, things should be working fine. We haven't received any other complaints on that. If necessary, you can always use a VPN.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:30 AM, RULLUR said:

Not sure who else is coming across the same issue, but also seem to be experiencing moments in LaunchBox where if you right-click on a game, you sometimes don't get the Open option until you try to right-click it again. Also had a moment where I was setting multiple versions of Xenia, and after I set the first one, it would set the next one as FCEUX or Nestopia to where I had to rename the default Xenia and other variants as something else just so others can get the Xenia settings each time I brought in another variation of Xenia.

We'll look into this.

• Thanks 1

• Jason Carr unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, faltuhaii95 said:

I'm on 12.5 currently and tried to specifically download "Screenshot - Gameplay" for the N64 from Launchbox GamesDB. I asked about this on Discord last night.

You might want to state a issue, as you dont really, you mention screenshot-gameplay but what about them, are you saying they failed to download, or you have another issue. The devil is in the details when reporting issues and expecting some help with them.