LaunchBox Community Forums

12.5 Beta Testing

faeran

Hi everyone,

The first 12.5 beta has been released.

Here are the release notes for beta 1:

• New Feature: LaunchBox will now track the time you play a game. Time starts when you launch the game and stops when the game is closed. While in the Pause Screen this timer is paused as well.
  • Improvement: LedBlinky GameSelect event is now fired when game details are loaded instead of as the game is being entered. This should help with performance issues while scrolling quickly through a view.
  • Improvement: Badges can now be viewed inside of the LaunchBox list view.
  • Improvement: Big Box's Change View binding now brings up a selection menu (similar to the Change Theme binding).
  • Improvement: In Big Box's Option Menu, items with multiple options will now bring up a selection menu. Also, Left will now move to the previous item, and Right to the next.
  • Improvement: Most EmuMovies search processes can now be cancelled to allow you to progress in the tool the search was being used for.
  • Improvement: The Download Platform Videos window has been converted. This allows for the use of the dialog theme colors and will help the window be more responsive.
  • Improvement: The Controller Support section of the LaunchBox realtime filter will now parent items (similar to how the Genre realtime filter works).
  • Fixed: Rare error that would sometimes appear when opening a new themed window
  • Fixed: Error when trying to raise a Windows Notification. If this process fails LaunchBox will now open a prompt (similar to version 12.0 and earlier).

All testing on the above is much appreciated.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, faeran said:

• Improvement: Big Box's Change View binding now brings up a selection menu (similar to the Change Theme binding).

I am really liking this improvement as you will not have to cycle through all the views if you have a hotkey assigned to the change view button.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kmoney said:

I am really liking this improvement as you will not have to cycle through all the views if you have a hotkey assigned to the view button.

I admit that feature was a bit of a selfish one. I put it in to make testing views and development far easier and quicker for myself. I'm glad some one else is enjoying it so I can feel a bit more justified in making the change lol.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I admit that feature was a bit of a selfish one. I put it in to make testing views and development far easier and quicker for myself. I'm glad some one else is enjoying it so I can feel a bit more justified in making the change lol.

It's a good improvement as i have also had the issue of views being skipped/repeated on a regular basis, using a hotkey for years now, so this should make that much easier.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It's a good improvement as i have also had the issue of views being skipped/repeated on a regular basis, using a hotkey for years now, so this should make that much easier.

Or going to change an option in the option menu (like the primary theme) and slamming enter one too many times and having to start all over >.<'

• Haha 1

I'm on 12.5 currently and tried to specifically download "Screenshot - Gameplay" for the N64 from Launchbox GamesDB. I asked about this on Discord last night.

I specified one screenshot for download, but the result were none. Folder was empty. 
After downloading 3 images per game, Launchbox started downloading 608 images (304 Games), but there were only 304 downloaded files in the folder.

I don't know what's up with that.
No clue if it has something to do with version 12.5, if it was a problem with the Database during that time last evening or if something with my setup is at fault, but I wanted to mention it here because I'm using the beta.

Still trying to figure it out.

Edit: I love love love the new selection menu for views as well. Well done.

Edited by lexx

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I had to press the hotkey up to 30 times on occasion to get to the view i wanted so this is a great addition.👍

36 minutes ago, Rlad said:

I had to press the hotkey up to 30 times on occasion to get to the view i wanted so this is a great addition.👍

Yeah same, it was often 1 step forward then 3 steps back, then nothing for 5 presses, then forward a view, then back again. It didn't do it all the time for me, but enough that it irritated the hell out of me on occasions. :) 

• Like 2

Hi

After installing LB 12.5B1 I can’t record OBS videos of Future Pinball gaming. Arcade and SNES gaming I still can do, but not Future Pinball.

I use newest FP and have done 100s of gameplay videos, as I can’t download them from LB DB or EmuMovies, like games from other platforms. Last video I did was on 9th of nov. 2021. Can’t tell wich version of LB it was, but I always update betas etc. It has worked for a long time. I update OBS when prompted.

I use (and have used for a year or more) default command line parameter for FP emulator: “/open %romfile% /play /exit” as adviced in this forum.

When entering the Pinball Table / Game in LB, OBS starts up, FP loads the table and I try to start and stop the recording. When exiting the table / game, I used to be offered the option to associate the video with the game, like I still do in other platforms. But not after FP, now.

Anyone else got this? 🧐😊

Edited by erling1000

I currently have a third party play time plug in that I had a few updates ago and it tracked a MAME game at 5min which is accurate. 

the new play time in launchbox only says 5sec of playtime for all MAME games. I don’t think it’s tracking correctly. When I launch from big box, it goes directly into MAME. Play time plug in works most of the time (outside pc games that launch into a launcher) but the official one in the beta doesn’t seem to track time. It does track times played. 

it tracks retro arch accurately though. 

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: For Steam games, LaunchBox will pull down Steam's play times instead of manually tracking them; they're updated on imports, metadata updates, and after playing

• New Feature: GOG achievements are now available in both LaunchBox and Big Box! They can be viewed in the game details sidebar and via a popup from the game details menu in Big Box.

• Improvement: Added on the fly filters for MAME High Score Support, Status, and Custom Fields

• Improvement: Added Play Time arrange by

• Improvement: Added Play Time column to LaunchBox ListView

• Fixed: Could not add a space at the end of the default command line in the Add/Edit Emulator window (introduced in 12.0)

We will look into any remaining issues next week. Thanks for testing, guys. :)

• Like 8

Beta 3 is out with the following:

• Improvement: Added 7 more emulators to LaunchBox's default emulator settings: Xemu, Cxbx-Reloaded, RPCS3, Xenia, DuckStation, bsnes, and Supermodel
  • Fixed: Adding an image to a Platform, Platform Category, or Playlist's edit window will no longer cause an error while using certain languages.
  • Fixed: The LaunchBox Add/Edit Emulator window will once again filter for the emulator's specific application file by default, if an emulator was selected from the drop down list (introduced in 12.0)
  • Fixed: All badges can now be used with the FlowBadge control in Big Box
  • Fixed: Rare null reference error when using the FlowBadge control in Big Box

Thanks everyone for the help in testing.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, erling1000 said:

Hmm. It seems every time I update betas since badge support in LB list view, it forgets the settings and shows no badges?

😊

I'm not sure how a beta update would do that since our installer doesn't touch your data folder. When you see the issue what exactly is changed in the badge menu?

C-Beats: You were a few minuts faster than I was my self...

I checked up. Not the install process. 😊 When I close down LB and reopens no error. But when I reboot Windows 10 (and that I also did before each new beta)  the settings are partially gone.

Settings in top menu Badges -> Show Badges remain, but Badges -> Game Attributes -> Enable Favorite (and the other I selected, like Completed, Broken, Unplayed and MAME High Scores) disappear / reset when rebooting Windows.

And right click top tiles of LB Listview choosing the things I want LB to “Show” doesn’t reset setting “Show Badges” when rebooting Windows.

I tried rebooting windows 5 times in a  week including two Beta updates and every time thenmentioned settings reset.

Edited by erling1000