LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Hide Add/Remove from playlist?

vaderag

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, vaderag said:

I see options to hide everything else in the game menu settings but there doesn't seem to be an option for this...

Trying to make my cab kid friendly...

Any ideas?

Yea I have this same problem on my twin racer. I also want to boot directly from the game menu not the game detail page but I only want to use the start button on my cabinet to do this however if I map start to play in big box then I cant map start to select so there's no way to go in and out of the multiple platforms I have loaded. Something so basic seems so trivial :(

This request has been sitting in bitbucket for 5 years, unactioned. Sad

"

BigBox game menu option to hide "add to playlist"

Issue #2939 NEW

Former user created an issue 2017-05-04

Please add a setting inside the BigBox game menu settings to disable the button in the game menu to add a game to a playlist."

5 minutes ago, vandale said:

This request has been sitting in bitbucket for 5 years, unactioned. Sad

"

BigBox game menu option to hide "add to playlist"

Issue #2939 NEW

Former user created an issue 2017-05-04

Please add a setting inside the BigBox game menu settings to disable the button in the game menu to add a game to a playlist."

Unfortunately that item has not received many votes and it is not something heavily asked for by users. So it is likely this may be something that is not high up on the list of items to implement until it garners more user requests. We only have a dev team of 2. 

6 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Unfortunately that item has not received many votes and it is not something heavily asked for by users. So it is likely this may be something that is not high up on the list of items to implement until it garners more user requests. We only have a dev team of 2. 

I understand that but this highlights a big issue with the voting system. You have oodles of users who use big box on their TV with a gamepad so your voting is skewed to support their needs first. The appeal of big box to me was I could use in my cabs which would represent a small percentage of big box users. there is a work around but it doesn't work because if you map play and select to the same button (start on my driving cabs) it only selects and enters the games details page rather than forcing play direct from the menu. So my question to you is, can I edit a config file to remove the games details page or can I at least remove the add to playlist option in the game details so it only says play game etc. Both issues have been requested many moons ago and both ignored. Its about functionality and ease of use for the whole community, not just xbox game pad users.

We've all seen how well voting works in the real world in the latest years... ;)

Not to mention that the bit bucket is not widely linked from the forums, prioritizes new items and I've honestly just spent ten minutes signing up and trying to work out how to vote and given up!

I mean really, where the hell do you vote?

Screenshot_2022-04-18-07-46-58-213_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-18-07-46-31-194_com.android.chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, vandale said:

I understand that but this highlights a big issue with the voting system. You have oodles of users who use big box on their TV with a gamepad so your voting is skewed to support their needs first.

I understand completely. There are things I have wanted for years and one of them took that long to get updates to (Marquee support). Not all things that get implemented on require lots of votes. However, users should understand our dev team is only 2 people and not all things can just easily be worked on. So priorities have to be placed on things and unfortunately that means some things will take longer. Voting simply helps give on eye on what the larger community wants and helps triage work.

12 hours ago, vandale said:

So my question to you is, can I edit a config file to remove the games details page or can I at least remove the add to playlist option in the game details so it only says play game etc. Both issues have been requested many moons ago and both ignored. Its about functionality and ease of use for the whole community, not just xbox game pad users.

No, you cannot edit the code to affect this. This is done behind the scenes. The tickets have not been ignored, they just have not been deemed a priority.

9 hours ago, vaderag said:

Not to mention that the bit bucket is not widely linked from the forums, prioritizes new items and I've honestly just spent ten minutes signing up and trying to work out how to vote and given up!

As far as not being linked to the forum, I know I am consistently informed users on the forum to use bitbubket for new feature requests and advising them to link it to their forum post to drive user interest. Yes, that only catches a small handful of users, but requests easily get lost for our devs in the forum and post counts. The site is the easiest way we can search and sort to find items. Not the best, but it is better than a forum.

9 hours ago, vaderag said:

Not sure about from a phone, but you may need to use the full website as there is a button that quite simply states "vote for this issue".

We understand the frustration, but the team have been making great updates to LB/BB and unfortunately not all wants happen fast.

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 7.00.57 AM.png

5 hours ago, vaderag said:

We've all seen how well voting works in the real world in the latest years... ;)

Screenshot_2022-04-18-07-46-58-213_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-18-07-46-31-194_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes you have easily highlighted the fact that the voting system is a mess. This ‘add to playlist’ removal has been raised heaps of times over the years by individual users and it hasn’t been consolidated or managed and yes it’s been ignored. Very disappointing. I code and simply hiding the option is a 15 min job including compiling a beta release. There should be differentiation between requests from subscribers and freeloaders aswell. 

12 minutes ago, vandale said:

There should be differentiation between requests from subscribers and freeloaders aswell. 

No, no there shouldn't, paying doesn't give you the right to dictate where the software should go, other wise there could be premium users with bad ideas getting it into the program, while free version users with great ideas will be ignored. I appreciate that you feel this specific issue is important, and it is to you, but that doesn't mean that it is more valid than any of the other hundreds of improvements and features that are already on the docket waiting for implementation.

Edited by neil9000

The option is hidden when you lock Big Box without the need to manipulate any settings. Simply lock Big Box and the option no longer appears in Game Details.

In regard to the Game Details screen being entered in Options > General there is the option to skip Game Details entirely so that selecting a game plays it instead of entering the page. A binding can be assigned that is "Open Game Details" for times where you want to enter the page instead of playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vandale said:

Yes you have easily highlighted the fact that the voting system is a mess. This ‘add to playlist’ removal has been raised heaps of times over the years by individual users and it hasn’t been consolidated or managed and yes it’s been ignored. Very disappointing. I code and simply hiding the option is a 15 min job including compiling a beta release. There should be differentiation between requests from subscribers and freeloaders aswell. 

Wether or not voting is a mess it is far easier for us to sort, filter, and even count votes/items in bitbucket than the forum. Again, votes do not drive everything. It just helps gauge. You simply cannot do that in this forum. Those requests in threads are not easily identifiable or sortable.

The team can easily do away with any voting at all and just implement features they want. Pretty much like most other program devs do. So huge thanks our devs for giving users a voice. 

I do not think we need to waste anymore time fussing over the voting. The team is not going to take away from development to deal with voting changes. It is what we have and use. @C-Beats gave some steps. Anymore about voting and the thread will be closed. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Wether or not voting is a mess it is far easier for us to sort, filter, and even count votes/items in bitbucket than the forum. Again, votes do not drive everything. It just helps gauge. You simply cannot do that in this forum. Those requests in threads are not easily identifiable or sortable.

The team can easily do away with any voting at all and just implement features they want. Pretty much like most other program devs do. So huge thanks our devs for giving users a voice. 

I do not think we need to waste anymore time fussing over the voting. The team is not going to take away from development to deal with voting changes. It is what we have and use. @C-Beats gave some steps. Anymore about voting and the thread will be closed. 

Well, if voting is how the future development decisions are made we should ABSOLUTELY fuss over it.

I still cannot see how to vote. That's not just a mess, that's broken. Maybe it works on desktop, but I'm not near a desktop to check...

I'd like someone to tell me where to place a vote on mobile.

Edited by vaderag

2 minutes ago, vaderag said:

Well, if voting is how the future development decisions are made we should ABSOLUTELY fuss over it.

I still cannot see how to vote. That's not just a mess, that's broken.

I'd like someone to tell me where to place a vote...

Again, voting is not how all development decisions are made. It is a helpful tool. There are no plans to change the use of the BitBucket site.

You may not be able to vote from the app or from a phone's truncated site. You may need to use the full site to vote as I already mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the originating question of this topic has been answered!

Thanks C-Beats for the answer😀 This is working for me. This was the last open issue to give it into the hands of my kids...

So this topic can be closed. Any discussions regarding the voting system should be followed up in a separate topic. just my opinion...

• 9 months later...