LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Control Panel Art Files for Platforms and Games

SrfrBoyBobby

Here is some art files to create your own Control Panel images for platforms or games.  Every button has different color overlay layers that can be easily turned on and off. There are a few example art overlays in the file.  To add your own custom panel art just place a file *.jpg file named "replace me.jpg" in this folder after you unzip it. The current replace me file is an linked image and should automatically place you artwork.  You may have to resize this image in the CPO art.psd to properly fit your art.  Best of luck and Game On!

CPO ART.zip

1258883565_CPOartexample2.thumb.png.3b9bea8451dcebc145e0727cb51ac29b.png

2000414618_CPOartexample1.thumb.png.57b7b371a511af6223f8b4b479ff5e11.png

952019253_CPOartexample3.thumb.png.dc8973ab53095d23f7a9331909bddca9.png

So now I just need to figure out how to color the buttons on that image per game, and we will be golden. Then to the side of that image if I go  

Blue button 1=Jump

Green button 2=Run

Red button 3=Shoot

The color button before the number could be the circles you made for the buttons dragged over to the right, then the number, then the function

I think this could be something seriously epic 

Those sticks with the arrows open new possibility's as well because none of my sticks have rgb

Edited by RedHoodRobin64

Nice! I made everything into groups so if you go to move a button make sure you pay attention to the colors, eclipse caps, extra. The text is not grouped to the button but broken out per button. The text and arrows are all white with fx color overlays and drop shadows. The text sizing, font, locations and all that individuals will have to play with. I can only make a starting point. 

So I have figured out how to take the background out of your grey picture. I'm able to move the buttons and copy them. However, the wood one i love is much more difficult. The background of that one gets ugly if you try to magic erase it. I'm also having a hell of time coloring the buttons. I hate to be a pain in the ass but is there a way you could perhaps have a button of each color on a pic for me so I can dissect it and make these templets for everyone? I'm also extremely interested in those beautiful arrows you have on the wood panel pic, that could allow me to show off 4 way and 8 way games. could you do those on a blank background as well? No hurry at all. I wanna appeal to every one on here so I'm thinking il do some with the grey and some with the wood, some with eclypse caps and some with out. Sorry to be a pain

Arcade template.png

Here you go.  I included a pdf kinda showing the layers visibility I was mentioning.  I also have placed here the psd file for the example here too.  This should give you a bit of a head start.  I also removed the eclipse tops of the buttons to match your control panel better.

Adobe Illustrator tend to be better for vector based art but photoshop works too.  There are advantages to each and to be honest the best is a combo of both programs. 

1879116291_CPOartUMVC3wood.thumb.png.fdf5b083a05d82cb5f58e2724abe7874.png

CPO art UMVC3 wood.psd

How to change CPO artwork to wood.pdf

No problem. The cover art stuff probably wouldn’t be to bad. It’s just a consistency thing so they flow right when you scroll through your playlist. There are batch automation type things you can do with photoshop and other programs to take care of a a lot of repeat tasks in bulk. I’ve fumbled through it before but I am no expert. I think I saw In tge forums a marquee building type thrid party thing. Might work but I’ve never looked into it. 

Edited by SrfrBoyBobby
Typos

If i have to i will manually do the box art marquee images. The way i see it you dont need a logo in it cause the box front is already doin that for us, and id rather have the box back to read then to see the cart. I got the patience to do it, but would you happen to have any idea where that batch is located? If not no biggie. I still want to do the buttons on top of this idea. Not sure what tge forum is

Edited by RedHoodRobin64

16 hours ago, SrfrBoyBobby said:

Here you go.  I included a pdf kinda showing the layers visibility I was mentioning.  I also have placed here the psd file for the example here too.  This should give you a bit of a head start.  I also removed the eclipse tops of the buttons to match your control panel better.

Adobe Illustrator tend to be better for vector based art but photoshop works too.  There are advantages to each and to be honest the best is a combo of both programs. 

1879116291_CPOartUMVC3wood.thumb.png.fdf5b083a05d82cb5f58e2724abe7874.png

CPO art UMVC3 wood.psd 87.6 MB · 2 downloads

How to change CPO artwork to wood.pdf 1.2 MB · 2 downloads

This was so helpful!!!

• Thanks 1