LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezels Option Missing In My Launchbox 12.12 Installation

boggmeister

I have installed version 12.12.  When I attempt to add the bezels via the update metadata method,   I am not given any bezel option.  I am attempting to add bezels to 48 Mame games.  I am using a licensed copy of Launchbox along with Bigbox.  I have confirmed that I am using version 12.12.  Any idea why I do not have the bezels option?  Has anybody else experienced this?  What other system/setup information can I share?

The option only shows in the wizard if any of the games you are updating use an emulator that points to a "retroarch.exe" or a "mame.exe" application path. Check what emulator you are running on the games you are attempting to update and verify the application path points to one or the other.

Came here because I'm having the same issue and yeah, I can confirm my MAME binary is named mame64.exe...

A related question (hope it's not too off-topic): I already setup a few games in the past with bezels from within MAME itself (MAME's artwork directory), what will happen when I use LaunchBox's bezels wizzard? Will the old bezels be replaced or will LaunchBox prioritize it's own bezels? I would probably prefer keeping my old bezels for those games...

15 minutes ago, shadowfire said:

Came here because I'm having the same issue and yeah, I can confirm my MAME binary is named mame64.exe...

A related question (hope it's not too off-topic): I already setup a few games in the past with bezels from within MAME itself (MAME's artwork directory), what will happen when I use LaunchBox's bezels wizzard? Will the old bezels be replaced or will LaunchBox prioritize it's own bezels? I would probably prefer keeping my old bezels for those games...

If you instruct us to gather them during import we won't overwrite any files found. If you gather them using the Download Metadata and Media Wizard we respect the overwrite settings you select on the last page. Telling us to overwrite (top option) will overwrite those files, the other two will not.

15 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If you instruct us to gather them during import we won't overwrite any files found. If you gather them using the Download Metadata and Media Wizard we respect the overwrite settings you select on the last page. Telling us to overwrite (top option) will overwrite those files, the other two will not.

Thanks. So where will the bezels be stored? Within MAME's artworks directory or somewhere within the LaunchBox/Images directory tree?

2 minutes ago, shadowfire said:

Thanks. So where will the bezels be stored? Within MAME's artworks directory or somewhere within the LaunchBox/Images directory tree?

Bezels are stored where MAME/RA want them. MAME stores them in the artwork folder and RA in overlays

• Thanks 1

I renamed my mame64.exe to mame.exe and edited the emulator in LB and changed the application path.  I was then able to access the bezels during the media update.  Unfortunately, even after the bezels were downloaded they still do not appear on screen while running mame. I set them to use game bezels 1st and default to system files otherwise.  I am not even seeing system bezels.