LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch not saving shaders

Joe35car

OK I must of broke something because now Retroarch doesn't want to save my shader settings I apply to systems. In fact it doesn't even save the option to turn on shader video. When I go to quick launch to apply shaders the option for video shader is always turned off. How can I fix this to save it to stay on?

Thanks

Curious to the steps you are taking to set your shaders. From what I know, here are some basic steps:

• Launch a game, then enter into the quick menu and go to the Shaders section
  • Load a shader, then click Save, and save it as either a Core Preset, Content Directory Preset, or Game Preset (Game overrides Content Directory, and Content Directory overrides Core)

Yes I have done the above and nothing is saving. All my shader were working before but now none of my systems will save. The main thing is the video shader is always in the off position which is why nothing is being saved. I'd hate to start from scratch and start over with retroarch. I have over 50 systems. 

5 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Yes I have done the above and nothing is saving. All my shader were working before but now none of my systems will save. The main thing is the video shader is always in the off position which is why nothing is being saved. I'd hate to start from scratch and start over with retroarch. I have over 50 systems. 

Turn it on then Settings>Configuration file>Save current configuration.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, Namcofanboy said:

Nevermind, figured it out! For anyone else, edit the video_shader_enable line to "true" in retroarch.cfg in your RetroArch-Win64 directory.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Is this still an issue with the latest RA version? I can't get my shaders to save under the shader menu, but if I back out to the config override it will save to the core. Was hoping the actual shader save menu worked because I'm starting to have issues with these core config overrides.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Cristagally said:

Hello, this is exactly my problem right now, with the latest version. I load the urinal color on GB, save as a core preset (because I want this for all the GB game), and when I escape and load a new game, shader is not applied. Any idea?

You also have to save a normal override too. Also you should save a "content directory override" instead, otherwise you will also have piss green game boy colour also.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried, but i must do an error cause it's not working.

• I launch a GB game
  • I load the gameboy urinal shader
  • Game looks like the original game boy! 
  • Under "shaders", I go to "save"
    • I have multiple choice: 

Save shader preset as
      Save global preset
      Save core preset
      Save content directory preset
      save game preset

What I'm doing wrong? You speak about override option, perhaps i'm not in the right place?

21 minutes ago, Cristagally said:

Thanks for your reply. I've tried, but i must do an error cause it's not working.

• I launch a GB game
  • I load the gameboy urinal shader
  • Game looks like the original game boy! 
  • Under "shaders", I go to "save"
    • I have multiple choice: 

Save shader preset as
      Save global preset
      Save core preset
      Save content directory preset
      save game preset

What I'm doing wrong? You speak about override option, perhaps i'm not in the right place?

You need to save it in two places. First when applying the shader select the "Apply shader" option, then go to save and select "Save Content Directory Preset" then back out of the shader menu and down to "Overrides" go in there and save a "Content Directory Override". I believe this is a Retroarch bug that has been around for a long time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...