LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and Bigbox won't launch

Graugs08

Hi, my Launchbox isn't working..

When I want to launch it, nothing happpen, and no logs are created. It's like a non existing .exe 

I tried all my backups file, I tried to downgrade my Windows update, what can I do please? :(

(sorry for my bad english)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Graugs08

I updated a few days ago and Im also having this problem, I use the app weekly and its suddenly started doing this. It has never done this before in all the years Ive used it.

Nothing happens when you launch LB, doesnt crash or even get to the loading screen. 

Edited by kiler1500

7 hours ago, kiler1500 said:

I fixed mine by grabbing an old version 

Glad you could at least revert to a prior build but still does not solve why an update is not working. Which would be good to solve or risk being stuck on older versions.

6 hours ago, GidaeonGilgamesh said:

Same here, recent update loaded upon install, but wont open anymore.

What version LB did you upgrade from and what version Windows are you on?

If you go into your \Launchbox\Updates folder and manually run the installer for the latest version does LB work?

If you manually run the installer as I mentioned be sure to check the folder location it is installing to. One of the screen in the installer UI should show you the final location. Make sure it is not installed into a \Launchbox\Launchbox folder.

Also not sure if you had logs turned on in your prior LB settings but if you can look in the logs folder if you have anything there please post the last log.

Whatever I do nothing is working..

I tried version 12.1 to 12.12 and nothing

Maybe W10 problem? But I tried to uninstall the recent upgrade but it's not working

I can't have any logs because the software won't start, it's just like a fake .exe

I can see it, click on it but nothing happens

18 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What version LB did you upgrade from and what version Windows are you on?

If you go into your \Launchbox\Updates folder and manually run the installer for the latest version does LB work?

If you manually run the installer as I mentioned be sure to check the folder location it is installing to. One of the screen in the installer UI should show you the final location. Make sure it is not installed into a \Launchbox\Launchbox folder.

Also not sure if you had logs turned on in your prior LB settings but if you can look in the logs folder if you have anything there please post the last log.

for some reason the update wanted to automatically install to "c:\users\(username)\launchbox" even though I got my D drive set up as the default drive.

even stranger, I does not appear at that location when installed; nothing in my c drive username folder.

I was running 12.12 and updated to 12.13 I run win10.

It will open directly after installation, but not after.

I reinstalled the update at the correct location on my d drive and now I get this error: 

CefSettings.BrowserSubprocessPath not found.

App:     
Version: 12.13
Type:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Site:    Boolean Initialize(CefSharp.CefSettingsBase, Boolean, CefSharp.IApp)
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettingsBase cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IApp cefApp)
   at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettingsBase cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IBrowserProcessHandler browserProcessHandler)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App.InsertSimpleCustomer(Object , Boolean , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

8:11:52 PM Exception

Edited by GidaeonGilgamesh

8 hours ago, Graugs08 said:

Whatever I do nothing is working..

I tried version 12.1 to 12.12 and nothing

Maybe W10 problem? But I tried to uninstall the recent upgrade but it's not working

I can't have any logs because the software won't start, it's just like a fake .exe

I can see it, click on it but nothing happens

exactly how mine was behaving.

Edited by GidaeonGilgamesh

11 hours ago, GidaeonGilgamesh said:

Disabled Avast and my VPN, the problem persists.

You should also re-run the installer, as something like Avast could have deleted necessary files already.

You should have the latest installer in:  LaunchBox\Updates

Install it overtop your LaunchBox build and that should fix the issue. Just make sure you double check the installation path, as it's common to install a second copy of LaunchBox inside of your primary folder (creating a LaunchBox\LaunchBox situation).

On 7/6/2022 at 1:25 AM, faeran said:

You should also re-run the installer, as something like Avast could have deleted necessary files already.

You should have the latest installer in:  LaunchBox\Updates

Install it overtop your LaunchBox build and that should fix the issue. Just make sure you double check the installation path, as it's common to install a second copy of LaunchBox inside of your primary folder (creating a LaunchBox\LaunchBox situation).

Hey, that worked! Thanks! 

Seems weird though, Avast is a pretty boilerplate anti-virus, and this seems like a niche issue.

I just disabled Avast for 10 minutes and reinstalled, works great now.

5 hours ago, GidaeonGilgamesh said:

Avast is a pretty boilerplate anti-virus,

Which like most antivirus software have a paid version they would really like you to upgrade to, and what better way to do that than to flag perfectly safe files so that uneducated users think the software is actually working in protecting them from virus's so they pay for the privilege of having the software lie to them. As mentioned the Windows Defender that comes free with your OS is just as capable, and gives far far less of these false positives, while being free always.