LaunchBox Community Forums

12.15 Beta Thread

faeran

4 hours ago, The Papaw said:

@y2guru @faeran or anyone else that may know

UPDATE:
I want to add that it has something to do with the transitions in BB. After disabling them ALL, it no longer goes to a black screen.

I seem to remember seeing something about similar issues some time back but I am having issues with BB going to a black screen after scrolling though BB after a few minutes. It's random, happens sometimes in platform view, sometime in a game view or even setting view? Once it happens, that view stays black until exit and restart of BB.

I'm trying to make a video of a CTC theme update using OBS. But it happens without OBS running as well.

Anyone know anything about this? I have the same issue with 12.4 but seems to go away with 12.3 (but since the theme was created in CTC, some features aren't working).

Here is a sample video, when I try to enter the platform, I get black screen, when I press enter, it works as expected, when I go back, it goes back to black screen. In this example, when I go back again, to settings, it is also black screen.

I un-plugged all additional monitors to eliminate that as well. Also tried both VLC and WMP in BB

It is also happening with BB default theme. See 2nd log file

Any ideas anyone? 

Debug 2022-10-06 08-11-13 AM.log 207.13 kB · 0 downloads

Debug 2022-10-06 08-45-41 AM.log 172.11 kB · 0 downloads

My hunch is that it's the Screen Transition. Enable all your transitions, but keep Screen Transition to something like fade and let me know if you still see it.

22 hours ago, faeran said:

My hunch is that it's the Screen Transition. Enable all your transitions, but keep Screen Transition to something like fade and let me know if you still see it.

Hey Brian, you were correct. I tested but left Screen Transition to "none". Sick of trying to record the video over and over! :P

It would usually take 6-8 minutes into recording (browsing thru BB) before it would happen if that helps ya'll duplicate it. Thank ya Sir for the reply

• Like 1