LaunchBox Community Forums

12.15 Beta Thread

faeran

Hey guys.

Just bringing to your attention that in the latest beta, when trying to import my Epic Games account, I log in with the correct details and while parsing the account, LB gives this error and crashes:

The given key 'code' was not present in the dictionary.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.15-beta-1
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException[T](T)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.EpicGames.EpicAccount.GetExchangeToken(Object sid)
   at GetterQueue.RegisterMetaInitializer(String rootPath, GetterQueue )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.EpicGames.EpicAccount.Login()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.EpicGamesImportParseViewModel.CheckIdentifiableException(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.EpicGamesImportParseViewModel.RegisterJmsComparator()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.PostInterruptibleExpression(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.EnableCommonHelper()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

11:25:23 Exception

3 hours ago, Azgorath said:

Hey guys.

Just bringing to your attention that in the latest beta, when trying to import my Epic Games account, I log in with the correct details and while parsing the account, LB gives this error and crashes:

The given key 'code' was not present in the dictionary.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.15-beta-1
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException[T](T)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.EpicGames.EpicAccount.GetExchangeToken(Object sid)
   at GetterQueue.RegisterMetaInitializer(String rootPath, GetterQueue )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.EpicGames.EpicAccount.Login()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.EpicGamesImportParseViewModel.CheckIdentifiableException(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.EpicGamesImportParseViewModel.RegisterJmsComparator()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.PostInterruptibleExpression(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.EnableCommonHelper()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

11:25:23 Exception

This is a known issue not related to the beta. Next beta release will make the process fail more gracefully. Epic just recently (like a day or two ago) changed how their backend handles authentication and we need to find a new way to get the SSO to log in correctly.

Beta 2 has been released with the following changes:

• Improvement: LaunchBox themes can now use theme specific media by creating the same folder structure used in Big Box themes.
  • Fixed: Epic Games Import Wizard is once again working
  • Fixed: Repairing or Updating a theme that is in use via the LaunchBox Themes Manager would sometimes fail to apply the theme correctly
  • Fixed: Corrected Platform Details strings inside of Big Box (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: A Popup within Big Box's Themes Manager was not focusing properly on the selected item within its list (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: FlowImage can now be used inside of LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Preview images inside of LaunchBox's Carousel control could sometimes show up blurry due to bad DPI metadata embedded in the image itself
  • Fixed: Images removed from the Add/Edit Playlist window were not being removed correctly
  • Fixed: In Big Box, the Platform Marquee was not being loaded when returning from a Game view (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: In LaunchBox, videos were not always being displayed correctly in Platform Details
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

the fix for blurry preview pics did manage to show some images which before didn't show. So definitely progress. However not all images show.
Some preview images do show in the larger window, but in the smaller they show as black.
I've also attached the images as zip so maybe you can better troubleshoot what is causing it.

scrnshot3.PNG

scrnshot2.PNG

scrnshot1.PNG

ruggnar.zip

Found a possible bug - sometimes, when selecting a platform, the platform video suddenly increases in size to outside the confines of the video play area, the result being that you can only see a part of the zoomed in video:

image.thumb.png.edac9cdf81fb1e62e120ad9a90408134.png

If I go to a different platform, then back to the original one, it fixes:

image.thumb.png.219197956b1ccf992430c1506d1e2d52.png

@launchretrogirl2562 @Retrofrogg I've discovered those preview images aren't displaying because the image extensions don't match the true extension for that image. The images file extension is jpg, but the internals of the file are actual webp images. I do believe I have found a solution to the issue though and it should be resolved in the next beta push.

40 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@launchretrogirl2562 @Retrofrogg I've discovered those preview images aren't displaying because the image extensions don't match the true extension for that image. The images file extension is jpg, but the internals of the file are actual webp images. I do believe I have found a solution to the issue though and it should be resolved in the next beta push.

Nice one! Yes that could very well be the cause. I download missing screenshots from the internet and they do sometimes come in webp format.
But very cool if you found a fix for that cause each time checking if a jpg was actually a webp and then converting it sounds like alot of work.
Thanks a bundle!

Beta 3 is out with the following changes:

• New Feature: You can install and uninstall your Epic Games, GOG, Steam, and Uplay/Ubisoft Connect games from the LaunchBox interface
  • New Feature: Several bindings were added to GameDetailsView to allow you to manage your game installs from the Details pane in LaunchBox (for theme devs)
  • Improvement: Can now filter by storefront using the on-the-fly filter button in LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Can once again download Epic Posters via Import and Download Metadata and Media wizards
  • Fixed: Some images in the carousel preview weren't showing because their file extensions were manually altered
  • Fixed: SystemEventPlugins should now get a SelectionChanged event raised when returning to a view in Big Box (for plugin devs)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Calling out people with reported issues corrected in this beta. Please let me know if this build corrects the reported issue.

@launchretrogirl2562 @Retrofrogg : Carousel images not showing correctly

@superrob3000 : SystemEventPlugin not firing SelectionChanged event when changing views

a work of genius!!! Working like a charm. Many thanks!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 1

Problem: Exporting to Android

When i export a game that merged with different versions of the game, f.e. Dino Crisis i merged the german and usa version, the export only recognize the german version.

When i export a multidisc game, f.e. Heart of Darkness german and usa version merged, the export contains both versions incl. both discs of the game.

In both cases all versions/discs have a entry in additional apps. Is this a bug or a feature? 🙃

Dino Crisis LB.PNG

Dino Crisis Export.PNG

Heart of Darkness LB.PNG

Heart of Darkness Export.PNG

Edited by Isoku