LaunchBox Community Forums

12.15 Beta Thread

faeran

Hey everyone,

The first 12.15 beta is out now with the following changes:

• New Feature: Platform details are now available in LaunchBox. Supported themes will showcase Category/Playlist/Platform/Filter details within the Game Details panel, when no game is selected.
  • New Feature: Platforms can now be removed from the Platform Categories view
  • New Feature: Added 100 new platform clear logo's (thanks Dan Patrick)
  • New Feature: Added the GetControllerBindingConverter that will let you get the users exact binding for an action (for theme devs)
  • Fixed: Rare error caused by a corrupted Metadata.xml that would crash the app when searching for a game in the Add/Edit Game window
  • Fixed: In Big Box, when returning to a Platform or Game view, videos would sometimes not resume correctly
  • Fixed: Error thrown when selecting a player in the MAME Leaderboard inside of Big Box while using the Old Default theme
  • Fixed: EmuMovies was not scraping all available media for MAME clones
  • Fixed: In Big Box, the Platform Categories filter was not always using all available game videos when the fallback option was enabled
  • Fixed: Some Big Box theme provided images weren't correctly being used
  • Fixed: Launching games with multiple discs via auto-generated m3u files was causing saves states and bezels not to work properly in some cases

Beta 2:

• Improvement: LaunchBox themes can now use theme specific media by creating the same folder structure used in Big Box themes.
  • Fixed: Epic Games Import Wizard is once again working
  • Fixed: Repairing or Updating a theme that is in use via the LaunchBox Themes Manager would sometimes fail to apply the theme correctly
  • Fixed: Corrected Platform Details strings inside of Big Box (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: A Popup within Big Box's Themes Manager was not focusing properly on the selected item within its list (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: FlowImage can now be used inside of LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Preview images inside of LaunchBox's Carousel control could sometimes show up blurry due to bad DPI metadata embedded in the image itself
  • Fixed: Images removed from the Add/Edit Playlist window were not being removed correctly
  • Fixed: In Big Box, the Platform Marquee was not being loaded when returning from a Game view (introduced in 12.14)
  • Fixed: In LaunchBox, videos were not always being displayed correctly in Platform Details

Beta 3:

• New Feature: You can install and uninstall your Epic Games, GOG, Steam, and Uplay/Ubisoft Connect games from the LaunchBox interface
  • New Feature: Several bindings were added to GameDetailsView to allow you to manage your game installs from the Details pane in LaunchBox (for theme devs)
  • Improvement: Can now filter by storefront using the on-the-fly filter button in LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Can once again download Epic Posters via Import and Download Metadata and Media wizards
  • Fixed: Some images in the carousel preview weren't showing because their file extensions were manually altered
  • Fixed: SystemEventPlugins should now get a SelectionChanged event raised when returning to a view in Big Box (for plugin devs)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

9 minutes ago, Wally said:

Should I enable something so I can have the platform details shown on the right panel? At the moment it shows empty when no game is selected (using Default Plus)

Thank you

You need to make sure you have updated the theme via the website or the in-app theme manager. No theme other than Default will display the Platform Details until they are updated.

• Like 1

@faeran this is an excellent update, and includes a feature that I've been hoping to see for quite a long time! Thanks so much again, as always! I have one question, however. In the platform details, how can I change the code so that the .png image (of the system) doesn't have the black box around it? For a more clear explanation, please check the image-example below

Untitled.jpg

Update: Never mind! I found the answer :) Just change the word "black" to "transparent" and the issue is solved

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@faeran this is an excellent update, and includes a feature that I've been hoping to see for quite a long time! Thanks so much again, as always! I have one question, however. In the platform details, how can I change the code so that the .png image (of the system) doesn't have the black box around it? For a more clear explanation, please check the image-example below

Update: Never mind! I found the answer :) Just change the word "black" to "transparent" and the issue is solved

Yes, I always edit the code to fix this problem too. I don't know why it isn't set that way by default? Who would want to see those black boxes?

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

I think this may have been mentioned before, but I can't remember.  In the game details panel, some (a small number) of the small image thumbnails are totally blurred out, but the larger thumbnail (the highlighted one) of the same image appears normally.

I just deleted a couple of earlier posts and have grouped my feedback here, to tidy up the thread. The below points/bugs all relate to the new platform details pane:

• I don't seem able to add videos to playlists - I can add them in the edit playlist window, but when I click OK, the video doesn't appear where it should. It's still there if I go back into the edit window. I can add videos to platforms no problem. 
  • I don't seem able to delete some platform images, either when deleting from the carousel or when deleting from the edit platform window. The images just remain. This doesn't apply to all platform images, just some. I noticed it when trying to delete the banners. These same banners would also apply to the playlist's parent platform - I don't know if that is part of the issue.
  • Being able to add platform/playlist/category images is great. Could the image types be expanded to include box, controller, manual and advert? Or alternatively allow the user to add custom image types?
  • Having custom data fields for platforms, just like we have for games, would be very useful.

And relating to the platform tree:

• When using the keyboard to navigate the platform tree, the selected parent node and all child nodes are grouped together in a box, as per the screenshot below. This is great as it makes things much clearer and easier to navigate. This doesn't seem to happen when selecting with the mouse however; could we have it appear when using the mouse as well?

image.thumb.png.a4ac4b1014d57a515899187a0deb6a17.png

Edited by Retrofrogg

4 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

I don't seem able to add videos to playlists - I can add them in the edit playlist window, but when I click OK, the video doesn't appear where it should. It's still there if I go back into the edit window. I can add videos to platforms no problem.

For the time being, try putting the video for the Playlist inside the /LaunchBox/Videos/Playlists/ folder and make sure the name of the file is the same as the Playlist.  Use either the Playlists Unique Name or Nested Name that you have assigned to it.

15 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

@Drybonz I have been having this issue with the normal game details view; I mentioned it some months ago. I think Faeran attempted a fix, but it's still happening. Looks like the same issue is affecting the platform details view.

Pretty sure we put code in place to help with that at some point. Still there are a lot of legacy images (mostly from EmuMovies) that have bad data in them causing issues. Next time you see it could you take a screenshot and post it so I can review and ensure we are talking about the same thing?

• Like 1

I don't seem able to delete some platform images, either when deleting from the carousel or when deleting from the edit platform window. The images just remain. This doesn't apply to all platform images, just some. I noticed it when trying to delete the banners. These same banners would also apply to the playlist's parent platform - I don't know if that is part of the issue.

These images are probably the images provided by the LaunchBox app (Banners and Clear Logo). LaunchBox will automatically apply the image to that image type if it doesn't find any images already added. This is a feature, not a bug.

When using the keyboard to navigate the platform tree, the selected parent node and all child nodes are grouped together in a box, as per the screenshot below. This is great as it makes things much clearer and easier to navigate. This doesn't seem to happen when selecting with the mouse however; could we have it appear when using the mouse as well?

That's called a Focus state which helps show that the control has keyboard focus (also allows screen readers to realize what they need to try and read). You would need to make changes to your theme to display a border like that when the item is selected.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Next time you see it could you take a screenshot and post it

I had a feeling you were going to say that.  Here it is with the blurred thumbnail highlighted so you can also see the larger image is normal.  Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Untitled.jpg

@Drybonz Thanks for that. Seems that some of the images have bad DPI metadata and is causing issues. I believe I have found a fix I can implement for it and will start testing it make sure it doesn't break any other previously working images. If it passes the test the revision will be in the next beta.

• Like 1