LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

2 hours ago, y2guru said:

not a bug, you cant have 2 wheels in a view!  you click on the existing wheel, right click, select paste properties then select which properties you wish to apply, such as layout, wheel etc..

Yeah thats what i was doing mate.  When you try and paste or paste in place it says you can't have multiple instances so i knew that wasnt the way to go, so I applied all 13 items listed in "paste properties" and none of them transfered the copied settings over.

Edited by PaulyC

8 minutes ago, y2guru said:

i just copied wheel properties from HorizonWheel1GamesView to HorizonWheel2GamesView with no issue

Hmm that's strange then.  I get this after pasting everything

So i copied this

388270360_Screenshot(126).thumb.png.3a97f1bd563600046cd7bb2bf89a4524.png

And get this after pasting

703580482_Screenshot(127).thumb.png.6872639dafa8702941c6cabd8c32d047.png

Edit: Sorry i forgot to add this is in the WheelGamesView

Edited by PaulyC

23 minutes ago, y2guru said:

UI Capture is on hold until i figure out how to make it work when a view is running in BigBox, no work around as of yet.

Wheel Item animations will be for a future release, i had my hands full with what i achieved for 2.5

No problem, theres a little work i've had a go at around that can be useful so long as not concerned about text lists however is not very friendly for transitioning, on the wheel creation, so long as you give a lot of space you should make the logo show twice upside down on one side and the other, i did try use the vertical wheel for this so it would show the 3d box's on the sides and then the main box up front however they'd have to be pictures in that mode, obviously not exacly friendly how it looks but these screenshots are without the 3d box option just going off vertical option only as an example how i tried mess.

2.png

One.png

4 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Hmm that's strange then.  I get this after pasting everything

So i copied this

388270360_Screenshot(126).thumb.png.3a97f1bd563600046cd7bb2bf89a4524.png

And get this after pasting

703580482_Screenshot(127).thumb.png.6872639dafa8702941c6cabd8c32d047.png

for coverflow the following arent copied/pasted yet as Im still waiting on potential new properties to support curved wheels

"RotationAngle", "RotationAxisX", "RotationAxisY", "RotationAxisZ", "SelectedRotationAngle", "SelectedRotationAxisX", "SelectedRotationAxisY", "SelectedRotationAxisZ"

1 minute ago, y2guru said:

for coverflow the following arent copied/pasted yet as Im still waiting on potential new properties to support curved wheels

"RotationAngle", "RotationAxisX", "RotationAxisY", "RotationAxisZ", "SelectedRotationAngle", "SelectedRotationAxisX", "SelectedRotationAxisY", "SelectedRotationAxisZ"

Ah OK that makes sense, i thought i found a bug and should report it to you but you're well aware of it lol

5 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Ah OK that makes sense, i thought i found a bug and should report it to you but you're well aware of it lol

I'm aware, hopefully i'll hear back soon, but if not ill make sure those properties are included in the copy/paste for the next evaluation build update

1 minute ago, y2guru said:

I'm aware, hopefully i'll hear back soon, but if not ill make sure those properties are included in the copy/paste for the next evaluation build update

Brilliant, thanks

and sorry 1 last thing.  Where is the menubar to uncheck what it says here?

image.thumb.png.58ccfb58c484dc726eca60896d91a807.png

7 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Brilliant, thanks

and sorry 1 last thing.  Where is the menubar to uncheck what it says here?

image.thumb.png.58ccfb58c484dc726eca60896d91a807.png

move your mouse pointer to the very top of the editor and a menubar will be revealed (it auto hides/reveals)

image.thumb.png.6afeca8c0360c8f718b2ba540b529fd4.png

Edited by y2guru

On 12/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, y2guru said:

you have an example in both 2.3 and 2.5 where you used these special characters? (the UI Elements used specifically)

Sorry, only just had chance to catch up on the thread but I see you've worked your magic. Many thanks again, I must say from the unfortunately small amount I've managed to play around with 2.5 so far I can already tell it's massively improved, it can't be overstated that you've done absolutely stellar work.

7 minutes ago, AsparagusTrevor said:

Sorry, only just had chance to catch up on the thread but I see you've worked your magic. Many thanks again, I must say from the unfortunately small amount I've managed to play around with 2.5 so far I can already tell it's massively improved, it can't be overstated that you've done absolutely stellar work.

the app was overhauled; hence it has taken 11 months to get this far 🙂

Maybe there could be a limiter for clear logo size on the wheel?  The issue happens when there's the occasional oversized clear logo which looks too big on the wheel compared to everything else.  Compensating by reducing sizes makes everything else look too small then.

I will also try different values to see if I can find something that works a bit better.

Rob  

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Rob_G

30 minutes ago, Rob_G said:

Maybe there could be a limiter for clear logo size on the wheel?  The issue happens when there's the occasional oversized clear logo which looks too big on the wheel compared to everything else.  Compensating by reducing sizes makes everything else look too small then.

I will also try different values to see if I can find something that works a bit better.

Rob  

Untitled.jpg

you have the selected item set to 150%

51 minutes ago, Rob_G said:

Rob  

Untitled.jpg

you can force each wheel item to be the same size by defining a game wheel item template, i created one with a width of 900 and height of 300, added the game clear logo image 

then changed the wheel to reference the wheel item template.

Now this isnt going to fix each image, because some of them contain white space and they are not cropped cleanly

image.thumb.png.fa71ed46af23c1baa9ad4f2e469e6d8a.png

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

you have the selected item set to 150%

Yes, which is actually pretty good for 99% of the clear logos.  It's the 1% that are oversized vertically that have an issue.  If I reduce the 150%, then other clear logos look too small.

image.thumb.png.70048eb676183c8be3b3881172f01393.png

I will continue to play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Rob

Question at 2 dollars !

Can we modify our theme in 2.5, copy and paste the ctc files in the 2.3 edition

and edit!?

I tell myself who can do more, can do less;

you never know on a misunderstanding it can work, Nope?

😁😅