LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

2 hours ago, y2guru said:

Evaluation build updated

• Hidden games are no longer excluded 
  • Wheels can be curved, and their items can be rotated
  • Wheel assists updated
  • Text with Special Characters no longer converted to "?"

Thanks for adding the right 3D coverflow.

The boxes are facing the wrong way though, but i've had a mess with the settings and believe these are close to mirroring the right hand one.

image.thumb.png.34d89d1b823d7a4fc74378dcaaef6509.png

On another note do you know why CTC doesn't pick up all the images for the 3D boxes on the wheels?

3 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Thanks for adding the right 3D coverflow.

The boxes are facing the wrong way though, but i've had a mess with the settings and believe these are close to mirroring the right hand one.

image.thumb.png.34d89d1b823d7a4fc74378dcaaef6509.png

On another note do you know why CTC doesn't pick up all the images for the 3D boxes on the wheels?

because BigBox caches them, so only when you view them via BigBox they show up in CTC, but at least you get to see the general size and shape instead of nothing

1 hour ago, REI AYANAMI said:
Hello. I have been testing the rotation on the wheel for a long time and it is impossible for me to leave it as before. Now I only get a triangular shape, instead of gradually circular.
Here are some examples from before and now with the new tool.

881444717_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.16-22_05_32_49.thumb.png.c71db66fc486b220981e61265973b04a.png2147311088_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.16-22_03_06_23.thumb.png.5b429b46e8a00b0c84fe44c98fa89993.png

go to the wheel properties, click the wheel assist and "select Vertical - Curved (Right)

image.thumb.png.cb5a5bbcbbd785bcbd0f111b9b154b5c.pngimage.thumb.png.d25771658aec29a658b5f7df4f85d9b1.png

• Like 1

I also tried it like this. But I don't get it. The idea is that the logos furthest from the center: "Comix Zone", have more curvature than "Aladdin"

139094655_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.17-00_53_34_07.thumb.png.34dd8a5f49c0e5ac0b26291727d06ebc.png

I currently have it like this. As you can see "Curve Amount" is at 0 because for my taste it distorts the image. And the important thing was in "Rotation Amount", which was a gradual curvature. not linear.
Sorry for the language problem. I don't speak English and I use a translator.
Regards!

1920066054_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.17-01_12_42_49.thumb.png.5320a9960e4406240c8c0d036c94094f.png

Edited by REI AYANAMI
More information

56 minutes ago, REI AYANAMI said:
I also tried it like this. But I don't get it. The idea is that the logos furthest from the center: "Comix Zone", have more curvature than "Aladdin"

139094655_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.17-00_53_34_07.thumb.png.34dd8a5f49c0e5ac0b26291727d06ebc.png

I currently have it like this. As you can see "Curve Amount" is at 0 because for my taste it distorts the image. And the important thing was in "Rotation Amount", which was a gradual curvature. not linear.
Regards!

1920066054_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.17-01_12_42_49.thumb.png.5320a9960e4406240c8c0d036c94094f.png

Got it, I’ll take a look when I get home later

4 hours ago, REI AYANAMI said:

Regards!

ah, that is the old wheel code, that does not allow preview within CTC, i have moved to the new BigBox wheel code and I am waiting on @faeran  to provide an example where it can be more circular

Been using it for a few days now y2guru. It is hugely improved. I actually dropped off of the CTC even before 2.3 because the platform logos became a giant project. Using it now it now is a breeze compared to the old 1.09 I messed with a couple years ago lol.

The wheel item template images that load on the fly really hurt performance even if it's just a single box art image in there. I did some back and forth testing in a wall view and I could easily feel the dropped frames. Rendering out the wheel template images was a good idea to include. One question I had with that was, how come when I render the images it assigns the images random number names? Shouldn't they keep the game name?  Also just curious, is there a way to show the fps of the bigbox interface? I know things like msi afterburner can't show the fps of xaml. I'd like to measure the impact if any as I change things in the theme creator.

The ability to edit the wheels live is just a night and day improvement. There're so many little things I can tell that you thought of. Its great! Performance is really good overall. I'm having fun with it and have been looking forward to making a theme with 2.5 for a long time. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Dan Patrick said:

Been using it for a few days now y2guru. It is hugely improved. I actually dropped off of the CTC even before 2.3 because the platform logos became a giant project. Using it now it now is a breeze compared to the old 1.09 I messed with a couple years ago lol.

The wheel item template images that load on the fly really hurt performance even if it's just a single box art image in there. I did some back and forth testing in a wall view and I could easily feel the dropped frames. Rendering out the wheel template images was a good idea to include. One question I had with that was, how come when I render the images it assigns the images random number names? Shouldn't they keep the game name?  Also just curious, is there a way to show the fps of the bigbox interface? I know things like msi afterburner can't show the fps of xaml. I'd like to measure the impact if any as I change things in the theme creator.

The ability to edit the wheels live is just a night and day improvement. There're so many little things I can tell that you thought of. Its great! Performance is really good overall. I'm having fun with it and have been looking forward to making a theme with 2.5 for a long time. Thanks again!

what i tend to do when including wheel item templates on a view is let it render, get the wheel properties how i like it and then click the eyeball against the wheel so the code/rendering is not performed, that allows me to focus on the view itself with no performance hit.

Once its published, the interface layers i had in place in order for the CTC to render wheel items and allow them to be preview-able will not be present

3 hours ago, Dan Patrick said:

One question I had with that was, how come when I render the images it assigns the images random number names? 

Render Custom Images?  it saves the file using the internal Launchbox DBID, trust me its not random.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulyC said:

I may have found a bug.  When you copy the wheel and try and paste it into another view its not pasting in any of the item selected or not selected values.

not a bug, you cant have 2 wheels in a view!  you click on the existing wheel, right click, select paste properties then select which properties you wish to apply, such as layout, wheel etc..

gave this ago and enjoying it a little, again it appears UI Capture is not included however unsure if this is permamently removed in relation to trying to make a cocktail style cabinet, is there any potential work around for the text list style user style source to make it show the name twice but potentially upside down to each other?

Also in potentially 2.6 is there plan to implement animation for the wheel items or is that a little extreme sorry? i was very tempted to make a wheel icon but then have a delay to it where it would have a spinning disc behind the logo appear but no animation options appear to exist for this, it would have been static for non-selected but spinning for the selected cartridge.

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

One question I had with that was, how come when I render the images it assigns the images random number names? 

Render Custom Images?  it saves the file using the internal Launchbox DBID, trust me its not random.

Ok, that's reassuring. I wanted to make sure that those numbers would easily be recognized between different users or machines but clearly that's a non-issue.

33 minutes ago, DemmyTree said:

gave this ago and enjoying it a little, again it appears UI Capture is not included however unsure if this is permamently removed in relation to trying to make a cocktail style cabinet, is there any potential work around for the text list style user style source to make it show the name twice but potentially upside down to each other?

Also in potentially 2.6 is there plan to implement animation for the wheel items or is that a little extreme sorry? i was very tempted to make a wheel icon but then have a delay to it where it would have a spinning disc behind the logo appear but no animation options appear to exist for this, it would have been static for non-selected but spinning for the selected cartridge.

UI Capture is on hold until i figure out how to make it work when a view is running in BigBox, no work around as of yet.

Wheel Item animations will be for a future release, i had my hands full with what i achieved for 2.5

• Thanks 1