LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

For those of you itching to test out your existing Theme projects with version 2.5, here is an evaluation version.

This build has all the features, but you cannot publish the Theme to BigBox and you cannot render Custom Images.

To install :

1. Download
  2. Right Click on the downloaded .ZIP file and ensure the zip file is unblocked
  3. Proceed to Unzip and place the COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.5 Evaluation folder wherever you see fit

I suggest copying your existing Theme Projects into this build so that you have a backup

Changelog

Feature New look and feel
Feature Improved performance
Feature Graphical Wheels are now displayed in all views
Feature Unique wheel items can be created using the Wheel Item Template Modifier
Feature New UI Element "Wrap" (WrapPanel)
Feature Allow Unsupported .XAML files to be included within a Theme Creator Project
Feature AspectRatio field - Displayable via Text and can be used for Visibility Conditioning
Feature Ellipses and Rectangles can be used as Opacity Masks
Feature SelectedItemIndex and MaxItems fields added to Views and Wheel Item Templates (Platform 1 of 32 or 1/32 etc..)

Feature 2 Additional Aspect Ratios: 21:9 and 16:18

Added TextCompanioncConverter, this replaces 6 converters and simplifies the generated code as it generates less bindings
Added Publish Theme (XAML Only) menu option. Generate the XAML code only without deleting/recreating the target theme folder (@undertherainbow)
Added Modifier Alert to the Top Toolbar on the Main Window if Custom Image Rendering was interrupted
Added "ThumbnailGameView.xaml" is copied from the Default Theme when publishing a Theme (overridden if Theme already has a version stored in the views folder)
Added Playlist Specific View capability to Game Views
Added New Wheel assists

Changed Shadow Depth Maximum Value from 100 to 500
Changed Render Custom Images Window to be a fixed Size, the image being rendered resizes to fit the window (not the other way around)
Changed Build Fake Rom List to create xml content within the .txt files (@beemanDev)
Changed Application Startup - If no themes exist the Theme Manager button will indicate no Theme Selected, this replaces a blank screen and animated hand pointing to a menu
Changed Source Editor - Alt + Scroll Wheel increases/decreases font size and added "Beautify" button that indents the XAML code
Changed Wheel Search Index to not display when previewing a view in the Main Window
Changed Wheel Properties to allow AutoSize - Useful for TextLists (@chinagreenelvis)
Changed Code Generator (beautify) to eliminate any blank lines from being generated
Changed the Theme Selection DropDown (Main Window) and replaced with a Theme Manager button, once clicked the Themes are displayed as Thumbnails
Changed Grid and Canvas UI Elements to Allow Opacity Masks (Views, Custom Images and Wheel Item Templates)
Changed Save - a .bak file is now created when saving/replacing a view/wheel item template/custom image
Changed How data is a saved to a file - forced instantaneous save of data to spinning disk/ssd 
Changed Custom Image Renderer, uses .xml file to drive the rendering process
Changed Appearance of the minimized Side Bar in the Main Window
Changed Main Window (preview) to Generate XAML asynchronously allowing fast switching between Themes/Views and resizing of the window
Changed Code Generator, Improved performance (preview, thumbnail generation, Custom Image Render, Publishing)
Changed Launchbox Metadata lookups, now 7x faster!  (Improves game list loading, selecting platforms, playlists, games, Render Custom Images and Preview and Editor performance)
Changed Editor Properties Panel, now displays a Message when the Selected UI Element has been disabled/made invisible
Changed Editor UIElements/Properties Panel - When clicking on the Padlock or Eyeball icons on a parent, the associated children are also affected.
Changed Publish - ThumbnailGameView.xaml is copied from the BigBox Default Theme if one was not included within the Theme Project
Changed Plugins - Consolidated to a single COMMUNITY Theme Creator Library 1.0 
Changed UI Element/Properties Panel - Window size can be scaled by pressing Ctrl and Scroll up/down on the mouse wheel
Changed Main Window Sidebar - Hiding/Showing is animated
Changed Rectangle UI Element - Defined as Resource, RadiusX, RadiusY properties added
Changed Ellipse UI Element - Defined as Resource property added
Changed Application performance by loading Platform & Game Collection data into memory when the Application first starts
Changed Editor Zoom level from 100%-500% to 10%-500% increments of 10%
Changed Custom Image Canvas - Maximum Width and Height can be 9999 instead of being restricted to Desktop resolution (@Mr.Retrolust)
Changed Conditioning Panel, when adding a new condition to a large list, the newly added condition will now be visible (no longer need to scroll down) 
Changed Editor - New Editor Menu option allows the user to specify the location of the Workspace (Diedrich Guenther)

Fixed Element Properties Panel - Active Animations including Movement should prevent properties from being changed (broken in 2.3)
Fixed Editor - Clicking on an Element (with Movement Animation defined) would result in a warning message being displayed without the associated Element Type Icon
Fixed Element/Properties Panel - Prevent a group containing a Mandatory UI Element from being deleted.
Fixed Slider Control to prevent accidental mouse over causing the value to change
Fixed Angle Control to prevent accidental mouse over causing the value to change
Fixed TextList for Game Details to ensure Font Size, Alignment, Formatting etc.. matches the Game List
Fixed Windows such as ColorDialog to open in relation to where you clicked even if it was a secondary monitor
Fixed Color Dialog - Dialog Window Title now changes based on the Color being edited
Fixed Editor to NOT show "Animations have been disabled..." when editing custom images
Fixed Build Fake Rom List - Invalid Characters in the game name (like tab) would cause the build process to stop (@beemanDev)
Fixed User Defined Audio, if the editor or preview window is set to mute the element no longer plays a 1/2 second audio clip
Fixed Custom Image Canvas - Do not allow Flip Horizontal/Vertical properties
Fixed Intermittent crash when clicking Save or Discard 
Fixed Resizing UI Elements - occasionally the UI Element would snap to its pre-drag position if the mouse movement was too fast
Fixed Performance Issues with MainWindow - Resizing Window,reloading view etc..
Fixed MainWindow & Editor: View Animations, Videos, Audio and Animations now stop when Window is minimized.
Fixed TotalGameCount for all Platform Views, will use Selected or Active bindings (when corrected in BigBox) @retroNUC
Fixed Intermittent crash when selecting a Theme
Fixed Main Window - Top Toolbar would animate when restoring the Window to a non-Maximized state 
Fixed Opacity Mask Code Generation to be more efficient and consistent
Fixed Stutter when displaying view on initial application startup
Fixed Copy/Paste Size/position issue when Aspect Ratio is something other than Stretch
Fixed Previews when displaying on an Ultrawide Monitor
Fixed Previews, now utilizes the maximum space available
Fixed Animation Editor when clicking Cancel after changes were made
Fixed Animation Editor - Color values were not being retained when color animation is used
Fixed Selected Item Audio Icon when in Editor, Icon was resizing when Aspect ratio was something other than Stretch
Fixed User Defined Audio Icon when in Editor, Icon was resizing when Aspect ratio was something other than Stretch
Fixed Enable Audio within the Editor, when manipulating UI Elements and screen is refreshed you would hear a quick audio clip
Fixed Sizing of Main Window, occasionally cause a lock up and you would have to switch active applications (alt tab) to release the lock up
Fixed Minimum/Maximum Width/Height for all UI Elements
Fixed Main Window - Game List, tweaked performance and large lists are faster to load and no longer slows down the overall App's UI Performance
Fixed Editor - Mouse Pointer would not show which direction a thumb could be moved when the element or parent was negatively rotated via an animation setting
Fixed Editor - Padding Property was not being converted when Editor starts up
Fixed Icons in the Main Window Menu - Inconsistent rendering
Fixed XAML Source Editor - Zooming in/out using Mouse Scroll Wheel had no zoom limits and would cause app to crash
Fixed Copy/Paste View - Pasting of a view is not successful unless you click the view and display the available configurations 1st
Fixed Main Window Drag issue under latest build of Windows 11 - When dragging the window into a preset position, performing a subsequent drag would lockup the window
Fixed Main Window - Mouse pointer would indicate the window could be resized when Window was Maximized
Fixed Editor - Selected UI Element, Adorner Layer (the border drawn around the Element) was drawn incorrectly, the Top and Left position was 1 point off
Fixed Publish when Platform Specific Views are defined - Published view name was based on the user's naming convention which may not match Launchbox
Fixed Editor crash - No longer crashes when wheel is hidden from view (eyeball unchecked) and using the Game Pad to Navigate

146819197_COMMUNITYThemeCreator2.5Evaluation.zip

Edited by y2guru
Added 2 additional aspect ratios and allow Arcade Marquee usage in the Wheel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 2

Thanks for all the hard work, I've been extremely eager to try this for so long.

Unfortunately I'm sad to say it's not working at all for me. I've unblocked the zip and extracted as normal but I can't get past the splash screen, it throws up an exception. I've tried this a few times as well, trying different extraction paths, running the exe as admin. I'm on Windows 11.

Here is the crash info that comes up:

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

1 hour ago, AsparagusTrevor said:

Thanks for all the hard work, I've been extremely eager to try this for so long.

Unfortunately I'm sad to say it's not working at all for me. I've unblocked the zip and extracted as normal but I can't get past the splash screen, it throws up an exception. I've tried this a few times as well, trying different extraction paths, running the exe as admin. I'm on Windows 11.

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

can you send me an email with a zip file containing the hi-lighted entries, thanks.

image.thumb.png.435006337a2b221bc3a15b510a8b49f0.png

Amazing work @y2guru 

Too many thing to love about this, but how easy it is to create the wheel and get them how we want them wihtout having to publish, view in BB and repeat is amazing.  So again great work on this and i throughly appericate how much work youv'e put into it to get it out for us 👍

On another note, I don't know if this is how it meant to be though but when adding a theme from 2.2 the wheel items are really small.  I dont know if its just creating a default wheel view as it cant pick up the older code or if this is by design and we have to create a new one with the older themes.   

image.thumb.png.18217fadde0ee876ae9a18e375445875.png

Also I can't find a way to add the 3D models to the wheel (ala fearons 3-DIMENSIONS) or just to add it instead of a normal box image when i game is selected.  Is this through a user source?  If so do you the code to put in as i have no idea how to do it lol

59 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Amazing work @y2guru 

Too many thing to love about this, but how easy it is to create the wheel and get them how we want them wihtout having to publish, view in BB and repeat is amazing.  So again great work on this and i throughly appericate how much work youv'e put into it to get it out for us 👍

On another note, I don't know if this is how it meant to be though but when adding a theme from 2.2 the wheel items are really small.  I dont know if its just creating a default wheel view as it cant pick up the older code or if this is by design and we have to create a new one with the older themes.   

image.thumb.png.18217fadde0ee876ae9a18e375445875.png

Also I can't find a way to add the 3D models to the wheel (ala fearons 3-DIMENSIONS) or just to add it instead of a normal box image when i game is selected.  Is this through a user source?  If so do you the code to put in as i have no idea how to do it lol

you can now edit the wheel properties in the editor so you dont have to publish then go back to CTC to tweak.  Yes the wheels are small when you edit a view, you can change the wheel properties to fix that.  3-d models to the wheels,  you haven't watched my progress videos,  change the wheel type to Horizontal Coverflow 3D / Vertical Coverflow 3D or click the assist icon for the wheel and you can choose

23 minutes ago, y2guru said:

you can now edit the wheel properties in the editor so you dont have to publish then go back to CTC to tweak.  Yes the wheels are small when you edit a view, you can change the wheel properties to fix that.  3-d models to the wheels,  you haven't watched my progress videos,  change the wheel type to Horizontal Coverflow 3D / Vertical Coverflow 3D or click the assist icon for the wheel and you can choose

Sorry yeah that what i was saying, its great how you dont have to exit out of CTC now to tweak the wheel.  

I must have missed that about the 3d models as ive watched all your progress videos.  Which video was that in?  and how would i add a 3D model to say this intead of a image like in the updated Unified Redux?

image.thumb.png.a199ef7012f12b78ae4ff03344d9db3c.png

Edited by PaulyC

21 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Sorry yeah that what i was saying, its great how you dont have to exit out of CTC now to tweak the wheel.  

I must have missed that about the 3d models as ive watched all your progress videos.  Which video was that in?  and how would i add a 3D model to say this intead of a image like in the updated Unified Redux?

image.thumb.png.a199ef7012f12b78ae4ff03344d9db3c.png

the last video i put out

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AsparagusTrevor said:

Same things for me ! exactly the same error, word for word. 

19 minutes ago, y2guru said:

once i have confirmed the fix with Pademoniums playlist data, I will update the download file with a new build.

Is anyone wanting me to do a livestream so i can demo or answer any questions you may have ?

I admit I skipped some live :P! Are there any advances in how the View Box element? I would love to create views like the one farean did in the poc; (without going through code)

Could you have made a video or did you explain that?

1 minute ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

I admit I skipped some live :P! Are there any advances in how the View Box element? I would love to create views like the one farean did in the poc; (without going through code)

Could you have made a video or did you explain that?

a viewbox is a viewbox, so nothing to add.   you want stuff to auto resize inside it ? (shrink/grow)

5 minutes ago, y2guru said:

a viewbox is a viewbox, so nothing to add.   you want stuff to auto resize inside it ? (shrink/grow)

Argh I express myself badly! the language barrier not helping! excuse me ;

my question was whether it was now possible to create views containing several boxes independent of each other?

exactly like that:

WallView2.png.63663c2e0d7f527e9bd33d0afd78a05a.png