LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

19 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

@y2guruCan't wait for the final release!

I have the finger on the button "edited the theme)! everything that was impossible before is now possible! See everything even more!

It's huge; we can reproduce any theme, create new ones, mix assets , making combinaisons  : everything is possible! You have lifted almost all the technical limits!

There will always be things to do, but the work is enormous! I haven't seen everything yet; but I really congratulate you!!

is a nice end-of-year gift that you give us here: very glad you took your time!đŸ€˜đŸ˜‡

Appreciate the kind words!  We will wait a few more weeks and fix any bugs that are reported, I hope to release by Christmas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's okay. I have various doubts.
When I open the program it creates/clones a folder outside of "launchbox". I have Launchbox inside the "Launcher" folder.

I can't find the option "rotationamount" in wheel.

I would also like to know if you can add the "arcade marquee" option to the wheel images.

And finally. This option seems fantastic. Being able to meticulously select the distances between the logos of the wheel.

851516373_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.13-20_51_57_95.thumb.png.a29bd1f6f7d7bab3d3c0c1456609af91.png

1 hour ago, REI AYANAMI said:
It's okay. I have various doubts.
When I open the program it creates/clones a folder outside of "launchbox". I have Launchbox inside the "Launcher" folder.
    2.26 MB · 0 downloads  
I can't find the option "rotationamount" in wheel.
    4.8 MB · 0 downloads  
I would also like to know if you can add the "arcade marquee" option to the wheel images.
    2.53 MB · 0 downloads  
And finally. This option seems fantastic. Being able to meticulously select the distances between the logos of the wheel.

851516373_DesktopScreenshot2022_12.13-20_51_57_95.thumb.png.a29bd1f6f7d7bab3d3c0c1456609af91.png

creates/clones - created from the Wheels, i dont know why, maybe a cache library

rotationamount is gone for these wheels, waiting for bigbox team to implement

arcade marquee - I just made this available 

• Like 1

"rotationamount is gone for these wheels, waiting for bigbox team to implement" 

"arcade marquee - I just made this available " This is the most important thing to me. I'm a fan of wheels and would like to be able to fine tune the distances between the selected and unselected item a bit more.

arcade marquee - I just made this available I'll be watching for that addition.
Thank you very much for your time and for your enormous work.

Edited by REI AYANAMI
don't show images

I think I've found a bug with special characters in text. They're showing as question marks rather than the correct characters.

I noticed on my 2.3 theme which I've copied over to play around with, it has some bullet points used throughout but now in 2.5 they're just showing as question marks, so I tested it and tried a few more special characters (degrees sign, vowels with accents etc) and got the same question mark.

Edited by AsparagusTrevor

17 hours ago, y2guru said:

If you're using the FlowContext/FlowModel controls no the RotationAmount on FlowControl doesn't work. To rotate the items you use the RotationAxis and RotationAngle on those controls to determine the rotation amount. You can use the other properties like "IsAboveSelected" and "IsBelowSelected" or use existing converters to make that rotation amount different for each item to replicate the older method.

That being said the older method still is completely valid way to theme and so the existing property could be used. There's no real advantage to NOT using the old methods if you are just adding a single static image to the wheel per game.

23 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If you're using the FlowContext/FlowModel controls no the RotationAmount on FlowControl doesn't work. To rotate the items you use the RotationAxis and RotationAngle on those controls to determine the rotation amount. You can use the other properties like "IsAboveSelected" and "IsBelowSelected" or use existing converters to make that rotation amount different for each item to replicate the older method.

That being said the older method still is completely valid way to theme and so the existing property could be used. There's no real advantage to NOT using the old methods if you are just adding a single static image to the wheel per game.

i got it

1 hour ago, AsparagusTrevor said:

I think I've found a bug with special characters in text. They're showing as question marks rather than the correct characters.

I noticed on my 2.3 theme which I've copied over to play around with, it has some bullet points used throughout but now in 2.5 they're just showing as question marks, so I tested it and tried a few more special characters (degrees sign, vowels with accents etc) and got the same question mark.

you have an example in both 2.3 and 2.5 where you used these special characters? (the UI Elements used specifically)

19 hours ago, y2guru said:

creates/clones - created from the Wheels, i dont know why, maybe a cache library

arcade marquee - I just made this available 

im working on rotationamount, see example 

Just a short post to go back to my post from yesterday with an example of the new possibilities and Dave's work:

1ST CONCEPT:
4 months ago I finished my megaman collection with an idea that I hadn't been able to exploit: you know this emblematic selection in megaman?
it does not make you think of a view? :)

mega_man_stage_select_template_by_evilasio2_deztn1x.thumb.png.fe3e68b8ad1b6cfa447a483968794d31.png

I am integrating it thanks to new functionality and the template that we left with y2guru.

( Wall views )

2 EME concept: I don't know about you but for me the coin ops view, with the scrolling from left to right of the cabinets, I always dream of it!

Well it is technically feasible! I still have some adjustment left but that's it, it's in the box! (but I can't edit yet :p)

264053457_RetroFE07_09_202019_14_35.jpg.0c2a0b14951f8498b885e8c67c9d0154.thumb.jpg.e1a3aa5fff32059de5fae02224fcd9f3.jpg

3 EME CONCEPT

A little delirium,

Come on imagine: I just finished the Animation:
 Cozy atmosphere, background sound with film excerpt, light effects, neons, dust filter;

The new 3D cover functionality walks of the fire OF GOD and the possibility of watching VHS and turning them in all directions...

And launching your film with the old school style is enormousuuu!
Well I admit it was easy I spent my adolescence in these temples of cinema that have now almost disappeared... ...

I know the atmosphere by heart. It's somehow a kind of "duty to transmit" a bit of this special atmosphere!

:)

rachid-lotf-2.thumb.jpg.5ae2edd9c797aec327f665df4f056d68.jpg

it's a real journey through time! Which I integrate into my custom nostalgic bedroom.

It's only a few examples but more than I liked it gives ideas and on the huge work that Dave is finishing..

I won't talk to you right away about my custom "pixel" all in gif or background ... It will be for next time ^^

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

1 minute ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Just a short post to go back to my post from yesterday with an example of the new possibilities and Dave's work:

1ST CONCEPT:
4 months ago I finished my megaman collection with an idea that I hadn't been able to exploit: you know this emblematic selection in megaman?
it does not make you think of a view? :)

mega_man_stage_select_template_by_evilasio2_deztn1x.thumb.png.fe3e68b8ad1b6cfa447a483968794d31.png

I am integrating it thanks to new functionality and the template that we left with y2guru.

2 EME concept: I don't know about you but for me the coin ops view, with the scrolling from left to right of the cabinets, I always dream of it!

Well it is technically feasible! I still have some adjustment left but that's it, it's in the box! (but I can't edit yet :p)

264053457_RetroFE07_09_202019_14_35.jpg.0c2a0b14951f8498b885e8c67c9d0154.thumb.jpg.e1a3aa5fff32059de5fae02224fcd9f3.jpg

3 EME CONCEPT

A little delirium,

Come on imagine: I just finished the Animation:
 Cozy atmosphere, background sound with film excerpt, light effects, neons, dust filter;

The new 3D cover functionality walks of the fire OF GOD and the possibility of watching VHS and turning them in all directions...

And launching your film with the old school style is enormousuuu!
Well I admit it was easy I spent my adolescence in these temples of cinema that have now almost disappeared... ...

I know the atmosphere by heart. It's somehow a kind of "duty to transmit" a bit of this special atmosphere!

:)

rachid-lotf-2.thumb.jpg.5ae2edd9c797aec327f665df4f056d68.jpg

it's a real journey through time! Which I integrate into my custom nostalgic bedroom.

It's only a few examples but more than I liked it gives ideas and on the huge work that Dave is finishing..

I won't talk to you right away about my custom "pixel" all in gif or background ... It will be for next time ^^

To be honest, its the BigBox team that have provided all the new fancy wheels and properties, i have simply allowed you to get at them without writing XAML

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, y2guru said:

To be honest, its the BigBox team that have provided all the new fancy wheels and properties, i have simply allowed you to get at them without writing XAML

Thank you all then 😛

We will never repeat it enough but following it here in the community and listening is the strong point of the teams!

So congratulations to all \°/

Thanks to all the people behind this wonderful software.
I hope to share my first theme for the community soon! It's really a great thing to see the wheel in real time, it helps a lot in the realization of the design.
Unfortunately I have some crashes (when I modify the margins for example, I have an error message and the software closes).
Can someone tell me when a stable version will be released please?
Thanks again to the developers!

That  it !

The video club is over !

3 differents views and many memories and nostalgia

Thx again for this feature  !! :)

**Slasher view in progress too !đŸ‘č

rachid-lotf-189-halloween-2022.thumb.jpg.4f0ef0d47b85d636ad4b55e22300785e.jpg

ds.jpg

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

On 12/15/2022 at 5:54 AM, Ludocky said:

Thanks to all the people behind this wonderful software.
I hope to share my first theme for the community soon! It's really a great thing to see the wheel in real time, it helps a lot in the realization of the design.
Unfortunately I have some crashes (when I modify the margins for example, I have an error message and the software closes).
Can someone tell me when a stable version will be released please?
Thanks again to the developers!

I need examples

On 12/14/2022 at 9:09 AM, AsparagusTrevor said:

Found the issue and I will be putting out another build including this fix

• Like 1