LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

1 minute ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Argh I express myself badly! the language barrier not helping! excuse me ;

my question was whether it was now possible to create views containing several boxes independent of each other?

exactly like that:

WallView2.png.63663c2e0d7f527e9bd33d0afd78a05a.png

yes thats a wallview, please see my latest video and the video prior to that

9 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Argh I express myself badly! the language barrier not helping! excuse me ;

my question was whether it was now possible to create views containing several boxes independent of each other?

exactly like that:

WallView2.png.63663c2e0d7f527e9bd33d0afd78a05a.png

I also included a demo theme "Theme Components" with wallview example

image.thumb.png.fb910e24081e2d9c08e3eacc56831aaf.png

3 hours ago, y2guru said:

the last video i put out

Got it thanks.

In the vertical wheel view is there anyway we can have the vertical coverflow 3D assist to show on the right as well or is that already possible?

I would love to have a option to add a moveable 3D model box in the element creation menu as well so we can create things like this 🙂

815924386_Screenshot(117).thumb.png.74547f9cab8dd25b2c068c88039c57df.png

6 minutes ago, y2guru said:

i could create another assist for the right hand side, or you can play with the properties to make it how you want it.

I had a play and tbh i could only angle them and change the spacing ect, i couldnt get the whole lot to flip so the big 3d box was on the left of the vertical boxes.  I'll have a proper play after work tomorrow though and see if i can master it.

for a moveable 3D box you can copy existing xaml code and place inside user source.

Any idea where to find this?  I looked through the Refried xaml for it a few times after you mentioned it in the other thread but i may as well be reading hieroglyphics as i have no idea what i'm looking for lol

WheelGamesView.xaml

28 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I had a play and tbh i could only angle them and change the spacing ect, i couldnt get the whole lot to flip so the big 3d box was on the left of the vertical boxes.  I'll have a proper play after work tomorrow though and see if i can master it.

Any idea where to find this?  I looked through the Refried xaml for it a few times after you mentioned it in the other thread but i may as well be reading hieroglyphics as i have no idea what i'm looking for lol

WheelGamesView.xaml 17.81 kB · 0 downloads

try these settings for a right hand side vertical coverflow 3D 

image.thumb.png.c226c219a3af51f15b78f8714c5fe8ea.png

19 hours ago, y2guru said:

try these settings for a right hand side vertical coverflow 3D 

image.thumb.png.c226c219a3af51f15b78f8714c5fe8ea.png

It isn't too far off.  It moves the main box to the left of the vertical boxes like it should be but the vertical boxes are facing the wrong way and a lot bigger than before.

image.thumb.png.82ca602976a8e2a1a361d00537c73e86.png

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

It isn't too far off.  It moves the main box to the left of the vertical boxes like it should be but the vertical boxes are facing the wrong way and a lot bigger than before.

image.thumb.png.82ca602976a8e2a1a361d00537c73e86.png

and change camera Z position to 4 or 5 to zoom out (making it smaller)

23 hours ago, y2guru said:

Change the rotation angle for non selected items

I tried all sorts of combinations on the rotation angles last night and couldn't get it anywhere near lol,  Ill keep trying though.

And sorry to ask again but I'm still struggling with the xaml to put in the user source for the 3D models.   I have compared an old refried theme xaml with the newest one to try and find the code i need and found this, but after trying out multiple things i can't get it to show still

<coverFlow:FlowModel DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" RotationAxis="0.2,1,0" RotationAngle="25" CanManuallyRotate="True" FieldOfView="30" />

30 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I tried all sorts of combinations on the rotation angles last night and couldn't get it anywhere near lol,  Ill keep trying though.

And sorry to ask again but I'm still struggling with the xaml to put in the user source for the 3D models.   I have compared an old refried theme xaml with the newest one to try and find the code i need and found this, but after trying out multiple things i can't get it to show still

<coverFlow:FlowModel DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" RotationAxis="0.2,1,0" RotationAngle="25" CanManuallyRotate="True" FieldOfView="30" />

These questions should be asked in the main BigBox Custom Theme section as I did not create the 3D objects, either cbeats or faeran may be of assistance.   

This thread is to ensure version 2.5 works, you are able to preview/modify your existing themes, utilize the new functionality and hopefully see the performance benefits that this build has over 2.3

31 minutes ago, y2guru said:

These questions should be asked in the main BigBox Custom Theme section as I did not create the 3D objects, either cbeats or faeran may be of assistance.   

This thread is to ensure version 2.5 works, you are able to preview/modify your existing themes, utilize the new functionality and hopefully see the performance benefits that this build has over 2.3

Ok sorry.   My theme worked perfectly in 2.5 and the performance is amazing.  I can't wait for your video showing how to use all the bells and whistles :)

@y2guruCan't wait for the final release!

I have the finger on the button "edited the theme)! everything that was impossible before is now possible! See everything even more!

It's huge; we can reproduce any theme, create new ones, mix assets , making combinaisons  : everything is possible! You have lifted almost all the technical limits!

There will always be things to do, but the work is enormous! I haven't seen everything yet; but I really congratulate you!!

is a nice end-of-year gift that you give us here: very glad you took your time!🤘😇

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM