Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

ThirdScreen Plugin for Platform Video Marquees, 3+ Screen Support, and more


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, brandon83dale said:

I've tried all of the trouble shooting advice but I cant seem to get it to open. Thirdscreen will not activate when I click on it. 

Index was out of range.docx 12.15 kB · 3 downloads

Hi @brandon83dale. I've never seen that error before. Which version of ThirdScreen do you have installed? If you have either of the following files, please post them on the ThirdScreen discussion page:

LaunchBox/Data/ThirdScreenSettings.xml

LaunchBox/Logs/ThirdScreenLog.txt

Edited by superrob3000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@superrob3000 Here's some continous update on using this plugin on 200k+ titles. On a 7 monitor setups that read images/videos from different game/platform media (2 videos, 5 arts), I noticed that some videos/art for platform categories took several seconds before it popup. What is odd is that video/art for platform is usually faster. I'm guessing it is how the lookup is being done hmm. I've excluded any I/O related issues and those arts are on my NVMe PCIe4 Samsung 990 Pro SSD. Once I disabled the plugin, those wheel spinning animation and transition went blazingly fast. Perhaps this is only noticable on huge media system with a lot of artworks that dampens the lookup performance.

Since this is closed source project I would not be able to help much, but would like to see if my feedback helps to further improve this plugin performance on a huge database game system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So i am unsure how to this but wanted to see if it was possible.

Is it possible to have 2 "screens" on a single monitor, I been trying to get it to work using the following images below, but screen 2 video will not show. Is there a way to have this work?

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.1345d98cbc5921e5748d6d4394c631a9.pngimage.thumb.png.b9a0be0dd0bc0bde260611546450e18b.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KuGambit said:

So i am unsure how to this but wanted to see if it was possible.

Is it possible to have 2 "screens" on a single monitor, I been trying to get it to work using the following images below, but screen 2 video will not show. Is there a way to have this work?

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.1345d98cbc5921e5748d6d4394c631a9.pngimage.thumb.png.b9a0be0dd0bc0bde260611546450e18b.png

@KuGambit That is a 9000 IQ idea to use the screen types for that. And it will actually work with a small tweak. First grab the latest version of ThirdScreen that I just posted (v5.0.2). Then open ThirdScreen settings, click the gear icon in the upper right, and choose "Disable Display Validation".

You can then stack two marquee "screens" on a single monitor (using Bottom 1/2 cut off, Top 1/2 cut off) or even three (using Bottom 2/3 cut off, Top+Bottom 1/3 cut off, Top 2/3 cut off).

Edited by superrob3000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@superrob3000

I just want to say thank you again for this plug-in. I was one of the first to start using it when you posted it.

I keep forgetting to send you a Paypal donation for it because the machine it is installed on is NOT connected to the internet so I can't click on the link for that embedded in the plug in.

I am using it for a very basic purpose - that is - displaying a marquee image on a second monitor + running video on a lcd bar topper screen for my home video slot machine.

I like that you added audio playback for the screens - but the mute doesn't seem to work properly. Setting the 'Mute' option doesn't seem to always shut off the audio on the videos when browsing games. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Ultimately - it would be great to have the audio of the screen (in my case: marquee and topper) play while browsing games, and THEN turn OFF when the game is actually launched. Then have the audio turn back ON when the game is quit and return to the menu screens for game browsing again.

I would think that would be the best option for any gamer because many people have demo videos and samples playing on separate screens for browsing and then the audio would shut off when game is launched as to not interfere the actual game play.

If that is the intent already in place with the Mute option, it doesn't appear to be working properly. Although it my just be me having this issue because it doesn't seem others have reported on this.

Other than that - this plug in is absolutely amazing and fills the much needed void that LaunchBox + Big Box was lacking.

Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HiRez00 said:

@superrob3000

I just want to say thank you again for this plug-in. I was one of the first to start using it when you posted it.

I keep forgetting to send you a Paypal donation for it because the machine it is installed on is NOT connected to the internet so I can't click on the link for that embedded in the plug in.

I am using it for a very basic purpose - that is - displaying a marquee image on a second monitor + running video on a lcd bar topper screen for my home video slot machine.

I like that you added audio playback for the screens - but the mute doesn't seem to work properly. Setting the 'Mute' option doesn't seem to always shut off the audio on the videos when browsing games. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Ultimately - it would be great to have the audio of the screen (in my case: marquee and topper) play while browsing games, and THEN turn OFF when the game is actually launched. Then have the audio turn back ON when the game is quit and return to the menu screens for game browsing again.

I would think that would be the best option for any gamer because many people have demo videos and samples playing on separate screens for browsing and then the audio would shut off when game is launched as to not interfere the actual game play.

If that is the intent already in place with the Mute option, it doesn't appear to be working properly. Although it my just be me having this issue because it doesn't seem others have reported on this.

Other than that - this plug in is absolutely amazing and fills the much needed void that LaunchBox + Big Box was lacking.

Thanks again.

Version 5.0.3 now splits the per-screen mute option (under additional settings) into separate in-game mute and out-of-game mute options. @HiRez00, @dsync89

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2024 at 4:49 PM, superrob3000 said:

Version 5.0.3 now splits the per-screen mute option (under additional settings) into separate in-game mute and out-of-game mute options. @HiRez00, @dsync89

@superrob3000

Audio option works perfect now. Again - GREAT PLUG-IN!

Thank you for making this and adding the special features!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, drady said:

Hi folks been a while. I have latest updates. How do I stop this example from occurring? I have marque screen on the right in display settings.

IMG_20240707_141059765.jpg

Hi @drady. Just go to tools->ThirdScreen Settings. Then click the gear icon in the upper right and select "Medium Shift Handling".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

Hi @drady. Just go to tools->ThirdScreen Settings. Then click the gear icon in the upper right and select "Medium Shift Handling".

thanks bud, what vesion is that i dont see it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, drady said:

thanks bud, what vesion is that i dont see it? 

actually scrap that realised i didnt have the latest, other than some shifting when the game starts it lands in the right spot - awesome - as usual  - thank you - regards Light Gun Lunatics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...