LaunchBox Community Forums

ThirdScreen Plugin for Platform Video Marquees, 3+ Screen Support, and more

6 minutes ago, d8thstar said:

Hey Rob, I looked for the wacom service and came up blank but LB still crashes when I try to start it.  Just to confirm from your download:

I took the folder in your "ThirdParty" folder and dropped it into the ThirdParty folder in my LB install.

I took the three files in your plugin folder and dropped them into the LB plugin folder.

Did I do something wrong?

Thank you sir!

That all sounds correct. Have a look at your launchbox debug log file. If it mentions Penimc then that's definitely the issue. Wacom is just one thing that might install the pen driver. Have a look in device manager for any tablet/touchscreen/pen related devices.

i'll give it a shot first chance i get, thank you.  if i can just clarify, in your thirdparty folder is a "MediaInfo" folder. within that are x64 and x86 folders.

it IS the mediainfo folder that moves over, both x64 and x86 intact as is?

can't wait to get this up and running :)

9 minutes ago, d8thstar said:

if i can just clarify, in your thirdparty folder is a "MediaInfo" folder. within that are x64 and x86 folders.

it IS the mediainfo folder that moves over, both x64 and x86 intact as is?

Yes, the entire MediaInfo folder as-is gets copied into ThirdParty. The easiest way to do it is to unzip the file and then just copy everything (which will be two folders: Plugins and ThirdParty) into your LaunchBox folder. Click yes if it asks you to overwrite anything.   

6 hours ago, d8thstar said:

ifound one pen service and stopped it.  unfortunately, still not working, LB crashes.  id theer a debug log for your plug in that i can view?

EDIT.  found a LB log if this might help...

thanks rob!

Debug 2023-03-09 02-41-33 PM.log 4.58 kB · 1 download

@d8thstar Thanks for the log file. It shows you are still getting the windows pen driver issue. Good news though, I think I may have fixed it with version 2.0.13 of the plugin. Please give it a try and let me know.

7 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

@d8thstar Thanks for the log file. It shows you are still getting the windows pen driver issue. Good news though, I think I may have fixed it with version 2.0.13 of the plugin. Please give it a try and let me know.

awesome rob, everything boots up fine now, thank you so very much!!!

36 minutes ago, d8thstar said:

awesome rob, everything boots up fine now, thank you so very much!!!

Thanks for confirming.

I'm tagging everyone I know of that ran into this issue: @TekkamanBlade @vinnythecruel @HellraiserGN @artiss Starting with version 2.0.13 you can now use the plugin without having to disable any pen&tablet drivers, Wacom, or Parsec.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

@drady, @magicray1028, and anyone else that ran into DPI scaling issues. Please give v2.0.14 a try. 

hey mate, i've tried - the one big problem now is that when i run it on my system and say run a game in bigbox - when i exit the game it goes to the desktop and misses the close out sequence entirely.  I then have to guess how to exit out of big box (as it sort of still runs in the background lol) or end in taskmanager or reboot :(  I've tried on 3 builds i have lightguns, driving and plain arcade, all have the same problem - not sure if its a windows 11 thing or not :(  I've reverted to bb marque setup to make it work again :( 

2 hours ago, drady said:

hey mate, i've tried - the one big problem now is that when i run it on my system and say run a game in bigbox - when i exit the game it goes to the desktop and misses the close out sequence entirely.  I then have to guess how to exit out of big box (as it sort of still runs in the background lol) or end in taskmanager or reboot :(  I've tried on 3 builds i have lightguns, driving and plain arcade, all have the same problem - not sure if its a windows 11 thing or not :(  I've reverted to bb marque setup to make it work again :( 

@drady If you're having that issue, go to tools->Third screen settings. Then click the gear icon in upper right and select "Ignore resolution changes". 

6 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

@drady If you're having that issue, go to tools->Third screen settings. Then click the gear icon in upper right and select "Ignore resolution changes". 

So far so good. I quickly did one build. Probably a good one for a troubleshooting section?

Just out of interest when building video marques I have a monitor that is 14.8 1280*390 but windows insists 1280*720 so what dimensions would I use? Ive tried to match other marquee dimensions but it letter boxes them :(

2 hours ago, drady said:

Just out of interest when building video marques I have a monitor that is 14.8 1280*390 but windows insists 1280*720 so what dimensions would I use? Ive tried to match other marquee dimensions but it letter boxes them :(

Not sure I understand about windows forcing 1280x720 on a 1280x390 screen. But in general the marquees will look best if you create them to match the resolution you have set in Windows display settings. And if they don't match you can always turn on the stretch option.

Edited by superrob3000