LaunchBox Community Forums

ThirdScreen Plugin for Platform Video Marquees, 3+ Screen Support, and more

Hey there.
I have a feature request...

Will there be a possibility to scale the Media and move to a different position on the Screen?

I planned a Arcade Cabinet with 2 Monitors. The Main Monitor with the Game/Pinball Table that i play..... And on the Backglass i want to show the Marquee of the Arcade Games and the Platform Logo...

and for Pinball i want to show the Backglass and the DMD...

I need this for my Backglass Monitor and i dont want to make new marquee files for all of my games/pinball tables......

Hope you can understand me.....

12 minutes ago, inemu said:

Hey there.
I have a feature request...

Will there be a possibility to scale the Media and move to a different position on the Screen?

I planned a Arcade Cabinet with 2 Monitors. The Main Monitor with the Game/Pinball Table that i play..... And on the Backglass i want to show the Marquee of the Arcade Games and the Platform Logo...

and for Pinball i want to show the Backglass and the DMD...

I need this for my Backglass Monitor and i dont want to make new marquee files for all of my games/pinball tables......

Hope you can understand me.....

Hi. I do have multi-panel support on my list of things to add. Essentially it would let you treat a single monitor as multiple screens each with their own set of media to display. I'm pretty sure that would cover what you want to do with showing both the game marquee and platform clear logo on one monitor. Can't promise if/when I'll get that implemented though.

Edited by superrob3000

This plugin is awesome!  Thanks so much!

My only feature request:  An option to enable or disable a screen based upon whether or not a game is active.  This would allow for max customization!  My life would then be complete   :D

Edited by Vicomte
Typo spelling fix
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic Plugin! This really adds more to the Launchbox/Bigbox experience!!  I'm using 3 extra monitors i had collecting dust and now i find my gaming setup is much more immersive with this plugin.

If possible, i would like the ability to use transparent overlay files with each display... LCD displays are great but i like the retro look of older CRT displays and want to use a scanline overlay for the

marquee and game logos.  Thanks so much for your work on this project, it really is wonderful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 2:44 PM, superrob3000 said:

It's not currently an option (all video files will loop), but I do kind of like how pixelcade is doing it. I think I'll add it as an available media item (Videosnap followed by Marquee image) for both platforms and games.

Have you had a chance to add 'Videosnap followed by Marquee image' as an available media item (or is it still being considered for implementation)?  I do not remember seeing anything in the release notes as of yet.  Thanks!

15 hours ago, garrett521 said:

Have you had a chance to add 'Videosnap followed by Marquee image' as an available media item (or is it still being considered for implementation)?  I do not remember seeing anything in the release notes as of yet.  Thanks!

@garrett521 I still want to add it. It's on the list, I just haven't had time yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob, I tried installing this plugin but now LB wont startup fully, I copied the 3 .dll files to the plugin folder and copied the mediainfo folder to the thirdparty folder. I'm on 13.2 and version 2.0.11 of your plugin. I have attached my LB logs. I also dont see any pen or touch devices in device manager. Any help would be appreciated.

Debug 2023-03-03 09-49-11 AM.log Debug 2023-03-03 09-49-59 AM.log

Edited by artiss

9 hours ago, artiss said:

Hey Rob, I tried installing this plugin but now LB wont startup fully, I copied the 3 .dll files to the plugin folder and copied the mediainfo folder to the thirdparty folder. I'm on 13.2 and version 2.0.11 of your plugin. I have attached my LB logs. I also dont see any pen or touch devices in device manager. Any help would be appreciated.

Debug 2023-03-03 09-49-11 AM.log 2.42 kB · 2 downloads Debug 2023-03-03 09-49-59 AM.log 4.3 kB · 3 downloads

@artiss From your log it is definitely the windows pen driver conflict that I mention in the troubleshooting section. Try going to windows->services and see if you have Wacom installed. If it listed there, then right click it and choose properties. Hit the Stop button to stop the service and then also change the startup type to Disabled.

image.thumb.png.f845cc76bde5c65ac220e767f4a7ea98.png

Edited by superrob3000

23 hours ago, superrob3000 said:

@artiss From your log it is definitely the windows pen driver conflict that I mention in the troubleshooting section. Try going to windows->services and see if you have Wacom installed. If it listed there, then right click it and choose properties. Hit the Stop button to stop the service and then also change the startup type to Disabled.

image.thumb.png.f845cc76bde5c65ac220e767f4a7ea98.png

Yes, I overlooked a pen device and now that I have disabled it, things are running good. Thanks so much for this awesome plugin.

Question/feature request: It would be cool if it would rotate through the items you have selected in the game view: I have 3d boxes and control panel information, is there a way to have it show the 3d boxes for x number of secs then control panel information for x number of secs.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, artiss said:

Yes, I overlooked a pen device and now that I have disabled it, things are running good. Thanks so much for this awesome plugin.

Question/feature request: It would be cool if it would rotate through the items you have selected in the game view: I have 3d boxes and control panel information, is there a way to have it show the 3d boxes for x number of secs then control panel information for x number of secs.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it's working. Rotating through different media types is a good idea. I'll consider adding it if I have time.

i gave this a try but i guess the pen thing you mentioned is stopping LB.  i'll try disabling when i get home.

Just curious, i do have a touch screen, would disabling that disable the touch screen?

been waiting a long time for a plug in like this, thank you!

4 minutes ago, d8thstar said:

Just curious, i do have a touch screen, would disabling that disable the touch screen?

Unfortunately it might (but give it a try since i'm not 100% sure). I really have no idea why the plugin would conflict with the windows pen driver, but it's on my list of things to figure out. 

1 minute ago, superrob3000 said:

Unfortunately it might (but give it a try since i'm not 100% sure). I really have no idea why the plugin would conflict with the windows pen driver, but it's on my list of things to figure out. 

thanks dude for the awesome tool!

Hey Rob, I looked for the wacom service and came up blank but LB still crashes when I try to start it.  Just to confirm from your download:

I took the folder in your "ThirdParty" folder and dropped it into the ThirdParty folder in my LB install.

I took the three files in your plugin folder and dropped them into the LB plugin folder.

Did I do something wrong?

Thank you sir!