LaunchBox Community Forums

ThirdScreen Plugin for Platform Video Marquees, 3+ Screen Support, and more

12 minutes ago, drady said:

hey buddy - appreciate the new LB/BigBox mode (Game Discovery Centre) just got released, but with that mode switched on it appears the plugin wont work with it on first attempt :(

Hi @drady. Yeah, I'm aware that ThirdScreen is not working with Game Discovery Center. It would take an update from the LaunchBox devs to make it fully compatible with plugins.

@C-Beats SelectionChanged system events are not firing when in the Game Discovery Center. This breaks a few plugins.

• Thanks 1

This plugin has been a lifesaver. Thank you for what you do!

Quick question. I noticed the resolution for my main & marquee monitor is set to 2560 X 1440 even though both displayes are 3840 X 2160. Does this make a difference and if so is there a way to change that?

Also, still having the issue in TeknoParrot with BigBox shifting to the marquee screen upon exiting at which I just (Windows key + shift + left or right aarow) and it moves over to the primary display.

I'm on the updated version of 4.0.0

20 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Quick question. I noticed the resolution for my main & marquee monitor is set to 2560 X 1440 even though both displayes are 3840 X 2160. Does this make a difference and if so is there a way to change that?

Are you referring to what the ThirdScreen settings menu lists as the resolution for the monitors? It's just reporting what Windows tells it, and I think the numbers might be different depending on what dpi settings you have. As long as it's actually working correctly I wouldn't worry about it.

21 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Also, still having the issue in TeknoParrot with BigBox shifting to the marquee screen upon exiting at which I just (Windows key + shift + left or right aarow) and it moves over to the primary display.

So are the game and marquee(s) all ok while playing the game, but then BigBox jumps to a different screen when you exit?

14 minutes ago, Boomerps2 said:

Yes, and its not with all games. Only the TeknoParrot games that have a big switch in resolution. Everything works great playing the game, just exiting will bring your main display onto the marquee display.

Interesting, does it also do that if you enable your marquee to be run by BigBox?

This plugin has been a game changer! Essential!  I use it daily in my cabinet build with 4 screens.

I have a feature request.  Is it possible to add a "Custom image" and/or "Custom Video" media type for games and platforms?  We could then manually create a "custom" folder alongside those that Launchbox generates and drop in our own media (leaving the regular folders and media intact).

• 3 months later...

A game changer indeed!

It would be good if we can selectively enable playing the audio for any screen, which is desirable in a setup that uses primary screen to show a theme that only show flashcart but no video preview, but having the video preview playing in secondary screen.

5 hours ago, dsync89 said:

A game changer indeed!

It would be good if we can selectively enable playing the audio for any screen, which is desirable in a setup that uses primary screen to show a theme that only show flashcart but no video preview, but having the video preview playing in secondary screen.

@dsync89 I added a per-screen mute option to v5.0.0. To get to the option go to Tools->ThirdScreen Settings, select the screen you want to unmute, and click "Additional Settings".

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, superrob3000 said:

@dsync89 I added a per-screen mute option to v5.0.0. To get to the option go to Tools->ThirdScreen Settings, select the screen you want to unmute, and click "Additional Settings".

@dsync89 Actually, never mind. The option isn't working correctly when multiple screens have it set differently. I'll need to look into it some more.

14 minutes ago, garrett521 said:

@superrob3000 Have you had a chance to add 'Videosnap followed by Marquee image' as an available media item, or is it still being considered for implementation? Thanks!

@garrett521 No, but you are up next. If you look at my last update for the sound option, I've added a nice big "Additional Settings" panel that can be pulled up in preparation for adding some controls to create custom combos of media.

1 hour ago, superrob3000 said:

@garrett521 No, but you are up next. If you look at my last update for the sound option, I've added a nice big "Additional Settings" panel that can be pulled up in preparation for adding some controls to create custom combos of media.

Awesome!!!  Thank you so much for the incredible work on this!

On 4/15/2024 at 4:04 AM, superrob3000 said:

On 4/15/2024 at 5:17 AM, superrob3000 said:

@dsync89 Ok, the option is working correctly now in v5.0.1.

@superrob3000 Awesome feature! Thanks for implementing it in such as short time, confirmed it does work in my setup and I could finally display those video snaps on my arcade topper monitor and have sounds playing 😄 Hope this benefits those that use their primary screen to display coverflow but video snap playback on other monitors!