LaunchBox Community Forums

13.3 Beta Thread

faeran

Hey! Just started getting this, didn't do anything special, launchbox was just running.

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (0x88980406)

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.3
Type:    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site:    Void CompleteRender()
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

21:40:55 Exception

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@e2zippo This is a video driver issue. This basically means Direct X was called to do something and failed. Typically updating your video driver and restarting your computer will correct the issue.

Yeah, seems to work now after a reboot, thanks! 

On 5/6/2023 at 10:20 PM, PaDeMoNiuM said:

I don't think I'm in the right place! (@faeran will spank me if necessary) 😅but I continue to develop the zelda ultima and after having integrated the notices (not all)

I have just added all the official guides accessible via a menu that I designed with ctc readable in pdf and it works great! (all findable on internet archives or even for some offered by nintendo)

I thought that there is something to dig for a potential new features to integrate in prelaunch, it would be enough just to add a line below "read the manual !"

It could be really COOL especially for the big rpg.

What do you think ?

image.thumb.png.56922d5cfe734e87d440062ce8918cf3.png

Well, I do believe right now those extra docs will appear inside the additional versions section of that menu. They will also show up in the pause menu.

The location could be improved, however, I do recommend you make a request over on bitbucket so it doesn't get lost in an old beta thread.