2 hours ago, Knowcontrol said:

Error popped up when trying to run MS Edge with LB open and Yuzu running:

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (0x88980406)

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.3-beta-1
Type:    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site:    Void SyncFlush()
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

6:33:35 PM Exception

EDIT: To add to this report: I guess this error technically popped up when trying to launch Firefox. After Firefox launched I then tried to load a IGN website
https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-switch/Road_to_Turtle_Rock_Walkthrough

and the tab kept crashing as long as LB was running and each time the tab crashed I would get the LB error window. Trying to click on LB would generate another crash window. I had to right-click the taskbar icon to close LB.

This is a Direct X error thrown by your video card. Typically happens when drivers are out of date of an app corrupts your video card buffer and causes unforeseen issues. Vet your video card drivers are up to date and then restart your computer and you're usualy fine after.

• Thanks 1

Cloud Sync seems to be a bit buggy.  Here is what I did.

CabA - Enable Cloud Sync - Enter LB DB username/pwd

CabA - showed syncing / syncing complete.

CabA - No changes to playtime information in LB  (Using Mr. Do to observe)

CabB - Enable Cloud Sync - Enter LB DB username/pwd

CabB - showed syncing / syncing complete.

CabB - No changes.  Verifed Mr Do had a different playtime than CabA.

CabB - Click off "arcade platform" to "atari 2600" then back to "arcade".   All playtimes are now zero'd out.

CabA - Hit Sync - No changes.

Cab A & B  - Close LB, reload.   Now both LB's are showing zeros for everything.

CabA - Launch Mr Do.   Play for 10 minutes or so.   Close game

CabA - LB still shows zeros.

CabA - LB hit Sync - sync completes.  All times comes back, and Mr. Do is updated accurately.  !!!

CabB - LB hit sync.   No changes.   All games still showing zeros.

CabB - Launch Mortal Kombat.   Get my butt kicked for a few minutes.   Return to LB.    All games still showing zeros for playtime.

CabB - Shutdown LB.   Restart LB.

CabB - Check for playtimes on MrDo and MK - Observe "playtime" column is no longer displayed and then LB crashed.   No error, just hung and Windows gave me the option to close it.

CabB - restart LB - same issue.    If I try and scroll to the right to see the 'playtime' column, it crashes.

CabB - restarted PC, let it boot into BB, quit into LB, same pattern.  Crashes when I try to view the playtime field. 

If I was to guess, I would guess the Sync feature corrupted the local DB (XML)

EDIT;

So if I reopen LB after it crashes.  Click on any other platform, verify that "playtime" field displays, then click back to "arcade" it seems to stop it from crashing. However on CABA, all playtime numbers have returned to zero. 

I went ahead and disabled sync'ing for now on both cabinets.  I edited the XML file and didn't see anything out of place or obviously "wrong" with the <playtime> field.   Looked normal to me.

Edited by Fursphere

13 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Thanks for the detailed step by step @Fursphere I'll sit down with it and see if I can replicate at all. It shouldn't affect anything, but so I can get the test as close as possible, were you launching the games from LaunchBox or Big Box?

All from Launchbox

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Fursphere would you mind enabling logging on both devices and run the test again and then send them my way? Would help track the sync activity and vet what's going on.

Sure, I can do that later today.   

Hi Guys, to test the new sync feature, I reinstalled my second system. I installed Windows 11 Pro. After the setup I downloaded a fresh Launchbox from the website, here in version 13.2. After the installation I wanted to start Launchbox as usual and then upgrade to Beta 13.3. I get the following error message, when I click Download, nothing happens. Is the download file defective, or is it my system? Or something wrong this the Beta Downloader for net CORE?

image.png.5571f105eb57f8eb6dfbc7a0bcde3cf1.png

935782461_Screenshot2023-04-07091746.thumb.png.aabca7cca408c1c1d6a891121a62c967.png

Installed manually 

image.thumb.png.02e56b96553f25bba1d31296b18fe481.png

Edited by DerSchlachter
  • Like 1

If I am not mistaken, the ASP .net core is for Active Server Pages only, which is used for websites. There should be another .net core package.
Also you only need the runtime, the SDK of .NET 6 works too but its much bigger and bloated compared to a runtime. SDK stands for Software Development Kit and is only needed if you want to develop your own software (hence the name :) )

Try the .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.15 from here https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

Edited by Madman_DE
Link added

5 hours ago, DerSchlachter said:

Hi Guys, to test the new sync feature, I reinstalled my second system. I installed Windows 11 Pro. After the setup I downloaded a fresh Launchbox from the website, here in version 13.2. After the installation I wanted to start Launchbox as usual and then upgrade to Beta 13.3. I get the following error message, when I click Download, nothing happens. Is the download file defective, or is it my system? Or something wrong this the Beta Downloader for net CORE?

image.png.5571f105eb57f8eb6dfbc7a0bcde3cf1.png

935782461_Screenshot2023-04-07091746.thumb.png.aabca7cca408c1c1d6a891121a62c967.png

Installed manually 

image.thumb.png.02e56b96553f25bba1d31296b18fe481.png

The runtime needed for 13.2 is .NET Core 3.1 Desktop Runtime. We've noticed in Windows 11 that the OS doesn't properly report that the runtime is installed if installed after a newer runtime. Typically if you run into the issue you need to uninstall the .NET Runtimes you have and then install them again from oldest to newest and then restart your computer. This is one of the reasons we decided to change how we distribute the app from 13.3 onward.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Merovingio said:

Does anyone know if game hashes in bin/cue format inside zip files can now be scanned? It doesn't detect PSX hashes for me.

This hasn't been changed. We can potentially take a look at addressing it if time permits.

Beta 2 is out with the following:

• New Feature: 3D model overrides can now be set on a game-specific basis using the Add/Edit Game window
  • Improvement: Import processes have been significantly improved for Nintendo Wii U and Sony Playstation 3 platforms, which should now properly identify the game's name when importing
  • Improvement: The included hashing application from RetroAchievements.org has been upgraded to better identify Retro Achievements for games that use CHD files
  • Improvement: The update notification popup that used to come up on startup (when background updates are disabled) has been changed to a notification instead, primarily to prevent Window focus issues on startup
  • Fixed: In rare cases, the games view inside of LaunchBox was not refreshing properly if the selected sidebar item wasn't visible in the list
  • Fixed: Some sync processes would throw errors if not connected to the internet
  • Fixed: The MAME Full Set Wizard didn't recognize a sucessful login to the cloud account if launched from the wizard
  • Fixed: Issues with play time not displaying properly after a sync if the game contained multiple versions
  • Like 6
  • Game On 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

• New Feature: 3D model overrides can now be set on a game-specific basis using the Add/Edit Game window
  • Improvement: Import processes have been significantly improved for Nintendo Wii U and Sony Playstation 3 platforms, which should now properly identify the game's name when importing
  • Improvement: The included hashing application from RetroAchievements.org has been upgraded to better identify Retro Achievements for games that use CHD files
  • Improvement: The update notification popup that used to come up on startup (when background updates are disabled) has been changed to a notification instead, primarily to prevent Window focus issues on startup
  • Fixed: In rare cases, the games view inside of LaunchBox was not refreshing properly if the selected sidebar item wasn't visible in the list
  • Fixed: Some sync processes would throw errors if not connected to the internet
  • Fixed: The MAME Full Set Wizard didn't recognize a sucessful login to the cloud account if launched from the wizard
  • Fixed: Issues with play time not displaying properly after a sync if the game contained multiple versions

Updated both cabinets.   The update took longer than an update normally takes, but seemed to complete successfully. 

Upon launching Launchbox, immediately noticed (on both cabinets) that cloud sync'ing had been re-enabled.  I specifically disabled it previously with Beta 1, so this was interesting.

Cab-A - Everything seems good so far.   "Playtimes" column was visable in Launchbox, and times showed.

Cab-B - "Playtimes" column is missing, and upon trying to right click on the title header bar to see if it was enabled or not, Launchbox went unresponsive / crashed.    I let it sit for ~10 minutes before forcing close.

I've attached the logs here.

Cab-A-Logs.7z Cab-B-Logs.7z

3 hours ago, faeran said:

Very nice feature! Seems to be working as it should. Now we can have for example Commodore CD32 jewel cases and boxes showing proper 3D models. Any chance of getting this into the bulk edit as well? ;) 

Edited by kurzih

2 minutes ago, kurzih said:

Any chance of getting this into the bulk edit as well?

Isn't in the plans at the moment. Honestly hadn't even considered that people may want to do so until you mentioned it. I have the idea written down and will keep an eye on it as we move forward.

26 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Isn't in the plans at the moment. Honestly hadn't even considered that people may want to do so until you mentioned it. I have the idea written down and will keep an eye on it as we move forward.

Thank you! I hope it will make it into the code at some point. There are quite a lot of platforms (mainly older ones) with more or less an even match of different kinds of boxes / CD (or disquette/cassette tape) jewel cases. Here's what I was referring to with the CD32 platform:

image.thumb.png.0f9c88d46948f19a38d1bc03b800254a.png

on that view 3 of these are CD jewel cases and 5 are cardboard boxes (which some of actually included a CD jewel case box within, but that's another story if at some point launchbox BigBox would be able to make an animation of the 3D model by opening it and "loading" the "disc - front"/"cart - front" image from it). As you know, Bulk edit would make it quite fast to get the right type for each of them.

Edited by kurzih

Retroarchive scanning now works fine with chd, but having multidisc with m3u doesn't detect achievements. Does it happen to someone else?

Note: Forgive me for my English, but not knowing how to speak English, I use google translate.

Edited by betikito84

Looking at the logs, I see this coming up:

2023-04-11 07:56:15 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly 'd:\launchbox\Core\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.XmlSerializers.dll'. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)

I have confirmed that file does not exist - is this expected?