LaunchBox Community Forums

13.3 Beta Thread

faeran

21 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@kurzih Might not be a bug. Possible the team has not had all the various case models designed for this feature. I could be wrong though.
The 3D cases are not generated using image aspects they are actual 3D models with the measurements of the actual cases. I recall seeing the team advise that over time the others will be made. 

OK, so it's work in progress and we got a sneak peek of what to come :D Because there are already 3D models (for spine types at least) implemented as "auto-detect, American version, European version" for PSX and DC (see second picture's drop-down menu: "spine style" and "spine version"). I really love the 3D models, my favorite of the new features by far. 

LB just started to crash everytime i click on the sidebar

2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM DataManager.SaveInternal started.
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Saving InputBindings.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM Saving GameControllers.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest(Boolean async)
2023-04-17 12:16:13 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
2023-04-17 12:16:14 AM Saving ListCache.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:14 AM Saving Settings.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:14 AM Saving BigBoxSettings.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:14 AM Saving D:\Launchbox No Intro\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\Windows.xml...
2023-04-17 12:16:15 AM DataManager.SaveInternal completed successfully.
2023-04-17 12:16:21 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.
2023-04-17 12:16:21 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.
2023-04-17 12:16:21 AM ERROR: Caught exception getting RetroAchievements user summary!
2023-04-17 12:16:21 AM EXCEPTION IGNORED: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.MovePreparedFactory(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievementsApi.GetUserSummary(String username, String apiKey, String summaryUser, Int32 recentGamesCount, Int32 recentAchievementCount)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Integrations.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievements.GetConsoles(String username, String apiKey)
   at CodeCandidate.UpdateStatementInterceptor(String username, String apiKey, CodeCandidate )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Integrations.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievements.GetConsoleId(String username, String apiKey, PlatformBase platform)
   at LaunchBox.Filters.AlgoCodeFilter.ChangeFailureInterceptor(IList`1 instance)
   at AdvisorRules.ListIterableDefinition(IList`1 instance, AdvisorRules )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.ListFailureComposer()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ViewRemoteAdapter()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

NM. It's all back and working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Currently, my RetroAchievement integration is messed up. When I test the connection in the tools menu, it's successful. But if I try to view my leaderboard, it fails to connect. The big problem is when I attempt to run a scan for all achievements. It causes LB to close. See attached log. Thanks in advance.

Debug 2023-04-16 10-33-45 PM.log

Edited by SqHd

10 hours ago, SqHd said:

NM. It's all back and working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Currently, my RetroAchievement integration is messed up. When I test the connection in the tools menu, it's successful. But if I try to view my leaderboard, it fails to connect. The big problem is when I attempt to run a scan for all achievements. It causes LB to close. See attached log. Thanks in advance.

Debug 2023-04-16 10-33-45 PM.log 19.35 kB · 0 downloads

Mine is also working again now and noticing the same '(503) Service Temporarily Unavailable' in this log.

• Game On 1

On 4/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, TheNewClassics said:

No idea if it's directly related to this beta, but since upgrading to 13.3 my "Recent" list in Big Box is all random and might only remember the last game I played or 2. Otherwise it appears to be randomly selected games for each category.

Recent Games grabs the first 10 games ordered by Last Played or Date Modified (whichever comes first) and since cloud syncing may be upgrading the records it's possible that is causing what you're seeing. We are looking into ways to make that section appear closer to what people think it should be at a glance (Recently Played/Added). Unsure if any change will make it in before final release however.

I like the 3D Model feature but would prefer not to have to open the LaunchBox right sidebar in order to use it.
Is there any plan to add the 3D Model Fullscreen View option to the right-click menu when a box image is right-clicked in the LaunchBox main (centre) area?

15 hours ago, spycat said:

I like the 3D Model feature but would prefer not to have to open the LaunchBox right sidebar in order to use it.
Is there any plan to add the 3D Model Fullscreen View option to the right-click menu when a box image is right-clicked in the LaunchBox main (centre) area?

Never really considered it to be honest. Will have to mull on a bit and see if we can do it in a way that makes sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gill Figno said:

I'm unsure if this has been asked before in the thread, but why does a game count as "modified" now (Ver 13.3) just from clicking on it? Does it have something to do with cloud sync?

Yeah, if sync touches the record it causes the data modified to change with it.

Odd observation on both my systems running the latest beta - if they are running BigBox they don’t sleep.

If it’s the desktop Launchbox UI active the systems behave as expected, but with BigBox whilst the screens turn off as desired the systems never enter sleep mode.

The two PC’s share nothing in common hardware wise (one an AMD Ryzen system with a 6600 gpu, the other an intel based with a 2070), but exhibit the same behaviour with BB…

sTeVE

5 hours ago, jetbootjack said:

Odd observation on both my systems running the latest beta - if they are running BigBox they don’t sleep.

If it’s the desktop Launchbox UI active the systems behave as expected, but with BigBox whilst the screens turn off as desired the systems never enter sleep mode.

The two PC’s share nothing in common hardware wise (one an AMD Ryzen system with a 6600 gpu, the other an intel based with a 2070), but exhibit the same behaviour with BB…

sTeVE

Do you have BB lock setting turned on by chance? If you do there is an option to "Allow Sleep While Locked". If you have Lock on and that option turned off that could be the issue. 

I’ve not used lock - just made sure was no pin set and option allow sleep in lock is checked just in case

I also found and checked “allow the computer to sleep while not in attract mode” whilst looking for the above option - I have never engaged attract mode, but that option was not set - to be honest I have never seen that option before and they has been sleeping.

Anyway I did both it and still no sleep on either system.

So I rebooted - still no sleep

Then I put attract mode on - no sleep, turned it off and both PC’s now sleep!!!!

sTEV

@faeran @Jason Carr Discovered a weird issue with the latest full release. I'm not sure if this is just me, but within playlists, when I select "Value" in the auto-populate section, there's a weird behavior where the dialog box jitters uncontrollably and when I type something everything slows down to a crawling-speed. Can anyone else verify this?