LaunchBox Community Forums

13.3 Beta Thread

faeran

43 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I recall seeing that's an M$ thing (for quite a while now [years?]) and can be ignored.   A sort of 'false-positive', as it were.

Ok, fair enough.   It found the error on both of my cabinets.    I installed a 'fresh' copy of LB on my desktop and updated it to the beta and did not see the error.  So I was curious.

Some Nintendo DS games still doesn't detect achievements when the rom is zipped. For example Pokémon Conquest works when unzipped. I noticed that the ones that doesn't work have the uncompressed size of 256MB, don't know if it's relevant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GuiCogo said:

Some Nintendo DS games still doesn't detect achievements when the rom is zipped. For example Pokémon Conquest works when unzipped. I noticed that the ones that doesn't work have the uncompressed size of 256MB, don't know if it's relevant.

Hm, not seeing any issues with .7z NDS files here, everything in my collection seems to have been fine with DS titles since the beta release.

For Pokemon Conquest in particular, I'd check which file you have - The (USA) (Rev 1) version is not supported, only the original version.

image.thumb.png.012eeca48484715a97167a0c23da262c.png

Oh, and thanks for getting the RAHasher fix in with Beta 2, that should relieve a lot of people's issues :)

Beta 3 is out with the following:

• Improvement - Scanning for achievements now works with M3U files
  • Improvement - Added 3D Model settings to Bulk Edit
  • Fixed - RetroAchievements errors that sometimes appeared when editing a game
  • Like 8

Got it to crash again.   

Workflow:

Start launchbox.  (CAB A in this case)

Arcade platform, find a game with zero playtime recorded (Ms. Pac Man for me)

Play game.  Played for about a minute, and finished the game (killed off all lives)

Back to launchbox - scroll over to see if Playtime field was now updated.

This is where it went unresponsive / crashed. 

Closed it, re started launchbox.

Back to arcade platform, Ms Pac Man, still showing 'zero' playtime.   (but no crash on restart?)

Logs are attached.

Logs.7z

Edited by Fursphere

Ok, closed and restarted LB again - and now the playtime for Ms. Pac Man is showing 1 min 53 seconds or something.  

Went over to CAB B, pushed the sync button, clicked off the Arcade platform onto Atari or something, then back onto Arcade, and Ms Pac Man has updated to 1 min 53 seconds.  

So maybe the crash is related to a lock where it is updating the cloud and trying to write to the XML file at the same time?  file lock / database lock type issue?

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Just so I'm clear when you say "closed" you are referring to the close button on the app right? You're not killing the process?

Closing launchbox completely.   Process no longer running, not even in the system tray.     Sorry for not being clear.

21 hours ago, retroNUC said:

Hm, not seeing any issues with .7z NDS files here, everything in my collection seems to have been fine with DS titles since the beta release.

For Pokemon Conquest in particular, I'd check which file you have - The (USA) (Rev 1) version is not supported, only the original version.

I know the Rev 1 doesn't work, as I said, I tried the correct file uncompressed and it recognized just fine.

For reference I tested with 7z format and indeed It does work, so it's a problem with zip format.

4 hours ago, zugswang said:

Also when you try to scan for them, LB just closes down (no errors)

Could you send me your log file of this happening?

4 hours ago, zugswang said:

Still seems to be a problem with RetroAchievements as none of them show at all on any system.

I'd reach out to RetroAchievements and ask about your account. The error you shown before in your other report was an "Access Denied" which typically means you're account or IP is banned or being blocked for some reason. They may be able to tell you why and get that side of things resolved.

7 hours ago, GuiCogo said:

Don't know if this is the right channel for this, but anyways, could you add the hasher for the Microsoft MSX2, Nintendo Pokémon Mini and WonderSwan Color, these platforms don't show retroachievements.

Wonderswan Color games need to be imported into the Wonderswan Platform in Launchbox for their achievements to appear. Same thing with MSX and MSX2, import your MSX2 games into the MSX platform instead and they'll appear. With Pokemon Mini, rename the platform in Launchbox from "Nintendo Pokemon Mini" to "Pokemon Mini" and the achievements will appear. It's how the retroachievements website has sorted their platforms/games. It's weird I know.

Edited by Azgorath

2 hours ago, Azgorath said:

Wonderswan Color games need to be imported into the Wonderswan Platform in Launchbox for their achievements to appear. Same thing with MSX and MSX2, import your MSX2 games into the MSX platform instead and they'll appear. With Pokemon Mini, rename the platform in Launchbox from "Nintendo Pokemon Mini" to "Pokemon Mini" and the achievements will appear. It's how the retroachievements website has sorted their platforms/games. It's weird I know.

Yeah, I already tried that and I know it works, but it's not ideal for organizational sake. I thought that LaunchBox linked with the parser, not the name. Thanks for the info anyway.

• Like 1

There seems to be a bug in the 3D model's spine width in jewel cases. It's forcing it too thin for example in Sony Playstation European covers:

The actual (scanned) spine should be this wide to keep the proportions correct (Single disc European covers are wider than American ones):

image.thumb.png.32f2a3f324c22b631441c4fe81d28b38.png

but then it's forcing it like this, even if choose manually the European version:

image.thumb.png.c144126a78cc11983f339a5bb8de044f.png

Shouldn't the 3D model use the width of the spine and keep the ratio intact?

Same issue with the (European) Dreamcast template:

image.thumb.png.6b704199b5f64d96f89cd8e07d51f4ae.png

image.thumb.png.52df0f5915e7f27f3cdba0b5cd99d7b1.png

@kurzih Might not a bug. Possible the team has not had all the various case models designed for this feature. I could be wrong though. The 3D cases are not generated using image aspects they are actual 3D models with the measurements of the actual cases. I recall seeing the team advise that over time the others will be made.