LaunchBox Community Forums

• 6 months later...

Version 1.7 has just been released!

THIS THEME NOW REQUIRES 13.12!!!

- Improvement - Added the advanced search help popup that was added in 13.12. If you do not want this popup to display at all you can alter the ThemeValues.xaml file and set SuppressSearchPopup to 1 and it will no longer display.
- Fixed - Made modifications to Game Details to hopefully eliminate the stuttering issue. Let me know if you do not see it resolved.

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2024 at 3:20 PM, C-Beats said:

Version 1.7 has just been released!

THIS THEME NOW REQUIRES 13.12!!!

- Improvement - Added the advanced search help popup that was added in 13.12. If you do not want this popup to display at all you can alter the ThemeValues.xaml file and set SuppressSearchPopup to 1 and it will no longer display.
- Fixed - Made modifications to Game Details to hopefully eliminate the stuttering issue. Let me know if you do not see it resolved.

Hey, thx for the theme and updates, sluterring issue is not solved for me (LB up to date)

Edited by Krako13

On 6/29/2024 at 2:19 AM, Krako13 said:

Hey, thx for the theme and updates, sluterring issue is not solved for me (LB up to date)

Can you describe what issue you're still seeing? I've not seen any of the previous details stutter I saw in the past before the change and I use this theme almost daily both in test and production environments.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Can you describe what issue you're still seeing? I've not seen any of the previous details stutter I saw in the past before the change and I use this theme almost daily both in test and production environments.

Sure, a video will be more signifiant. Res is 3840x2160 and windows 250%.

Thanks, it does appear to be the same issue I had corrected, you're using the middle configuration where I usually use the first step one. Sounds like I need to track down what I did and see if I can get it to work on that setup as well. Thanks for the video, very helpful.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 1:40 PM, Krako13 said:

Sure, a video will be more signifiant. Res is 3840x2160 and windows 250%.

On 7/1/2024 at 8:18 AM, C-Beats said:

Thanks, it does appear to be the same issue I had corrected, you're using the middle configuration where I usually use the first step one. Sounds like I need to track down what I did and see if I can get it to work on that setup as well. Thanks for the video, very helpful.

Is it me or is the game details just getting jiggy with the music? 😉

Would like to try this theme, but for some reason, whenever this theme is in my "LBThemes" folder, I get an instant BSOD. I tried this 3 times in a row, and after deleting the omni folder again, everything went back to  normal.
image.thumb.png.e7bcb16dc197de51e6e8ce2179e913d3.png

I don't know why this happens and I am really lucky that I wanted to try the theme out right away, otherwise I would not have made the connection. Any idea why this would happen? Of course it may be the case that this is just a weird coincidence.

14 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Would like to try this theme, but for some reason, whenever this theme is in my "LBThemes" folder, I get an instant BSOD. I tried this 3 times in a row, and after deleting the omni folder again, everything went back to  normal.
image.thumb.png.e7bcb16dc197de51e6e8ce2179e913d3.png

I don't know why this happens and I am really lucky that I wanted to try the theme out right away, otherwise I would not have made the connection. Any idea why this would happen? Of course it may be the case that this is just a weird coincidence.

No idea how a theme would cause a BSOD. I assure you that you're the first I've ever heard having this issue with any theme let alone this one. Quick google search suggests you have some drivers potentially causing the issue according to the bug check code. I'd update everything and see if that helps.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, C-Beats said:

No idea how a theme would cause a BSOD. I assure you that you're the first I've ever heard having this issue with any theme let alone this one. Quick google search suggests you have some drivers potentially causing the issue according to the bug check code. I'd update everything and see if that helps.

I know, and believe me, I don't know what's going on. Not saying that something is wrong with your theme. I'll try reinstalling Launchbox and putting back the theme. Maybe that resolves it. Or maybe it was just a strange coincidence, but it really happened right after copying the theme folder and starting laucnhbox and it occured three times in a row after starting launchbox =/.

Everything on my PC is up to date.

EIDT: I think the issue was caused by the recent Windows 11 update. I reset my PC to an earlier build before the most recent update and thwere were no further crashes. After the update I get multiple errors in the event manager. 

image.thumb.png.258e3cf1b40aa8e2e7c261ee59cd944f.png

But curiously, I don't get any Launchox application errors or .net errors like I did before resettingg the PC. SOMETHING happened that caused Launchbox to frequently crtash, but now it seems to be gone.

I believe my issue can be ignored.

Edited by SiriusVI

7 hours ago, Lucoshi said:

Say C-Beats how about adding customization on the playlists and their Categories?

Not really sure what you mean. Both the sidebar tree and the platform details view is different in my theme compared to default already.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2024 at 10:49 AM, Floatzel said:

Is there any way I can change the size (height) of the background(area)?

screen.thumb.png.fd348edacba4ae54ba140048cca9ae15.png

Pretty sure you'd have to manually alter the GameDetailsView.xaml file. Quick search looks like the height on line 158 does most of the driving of that height. There may be another place for a different layout.