LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with M3U files

Special T

• System - Sega CD
  • RetroArch Core - Genesis Plus GX
  • Sega CD Game Format - CHD
  • LaunchBox Additional Apps Setting - metadata section shows each disc is labeled as 1 & 2
  • LaunchBox Manage Emulator - Sega CD / Genesis Plus GX has the "Use M3U Playlists for Multiple Discs" option enable

If I attempt to launch a multi-disc game (Prize Fighter or Dracula Unleashed) nothing happens at all i.e. RetroArch doesn't appear

If I attempt to launch a single disc game, it works without issue, RetroArch launches like normal and the games plays like it should.

If I attempt to load one of the multi-disc games into RetroArch directly (not through LaunchBox) the games will load successful.

Multi-disc games do work with other systems through LaunchBox e.g. Sega Saturn using the Mednafen core.

Looking at the RetroArch documentation, it looks like Genesis Plus GX supports M3U files and CHD files. 

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or double check to see if they can launch multi-disc Sega CD games with the Genesis Plus GX core.

1 hour ago, Special T said:

Is that something I can fix on my end within LaunchBox settings or would the solution be to manually create m3u files for that core?

If you would like to use m3u files for this core, you're likely going to need to set up a manual file.

• Thanks 1