LaunchBox Community Forums

Any plans to a Linux version of Launchbox?

tallpr24

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Me too, my plan is to convert my main PC into a PC game console, get a laptop to work a Nas tower for my personal cloud and a steam deck or something similar to play outside and it will be very helpful for my emulators to be on Linux so when my main PC will be only for games I like to have on an os that won't bother with using keyboard all the time and be more os focus on the task that is gaming and something like nobara or bazzite will work perfectly but I don't want to loose my launchbox license passing everything to emudeck or something like that I like more the way launchbox organize my emulator games

On 7/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, DragoonDemon4 said:

Me too, my plan is to convert my main PC into a PC game console, get a laptop to work a Nas tower for my personal cloud and a steam deck or something similar to play outside and it will be very helpful for my emulators to be on Linux so when my main PC will be only for games I like to have on an os that won't bother with using keyboard all the time and be more os focus on the task that is gaming and something like nobara or bazzite will work perfectly but I don't want to loose my launchbox license passing everything to emudeck or something like that I like more the way launchbox organize my emulator games

This question has been asked more than once in the forums. The short answer is devs claim they are working on it, but say it could take years, if ever.

The honest truth however, (Stated by a developer.) is that they aren't willing dedicate the manpower to it because they have a larger user base on Windows. Linux users are being treated like second class citizens, even though many made the switch from Windows and already own a license.

Try emulation station until these guys otherwise get their head out of their ass.

Yes, Is very bad that web have a android versión that doesn't work well with newer emulators, and still we don't have a Linux versión that will be in my opinion more easy to make than the android one. I'll stick with windows in the meantime because I don't like how emulation station handles multi game support and multiregion platforms. Also you have to subscribe to their scrapper to add videos to their games. Now with the introduction of emulator plugins we'll be able to have this function on Android and when the Linux version is available someday this feature will be carried over to Linux and have a great competitor to emudeck.

• 2 months later...

I haven’t seen any news about a Linux version of LaunchBox, which is a bummer because I’d love to use it on my Linux setup. In the meantime, I’ve tried SteamROM Manager, and it’s a decent alternative. It doesn’t have all the features of LaunchBox, but it gets the job done for organizing my games.