LaunchBox Community Forums

Teknoparrot simple import, anyone interested ?

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

Hell, I'd settle for a teknoparrot setup that actually loads a game! lol. 

Not sure what issues you are having but TP ran games are easier than they have ever been to run. They are also easy to import into LB. I would recommend getting more recent dumps of games. Most games can run directly in TP and no longer need additional loaders.  

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Not sure what issues you are having but TP ran games are easier than they have ever been to run. They are also easy to import into LB. I would recommend getting more recent dumps of games. Most games can run directly in TP and no longer need additional loaders.  

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  I've literally never been able to get one to run.

Well, if someone wants to test

How to use

1- Import your tp xml files inside UserProfiles as rom, scrape as Arcade
2- Go to tools -> "TecknoParrot Simple Import", select the platform you just created and your TP folder (the root folder of tp), Click Update.

Now :
- Some data will be fetch from the xml and json files of tecknoparrot : The game name, the release date, the genre, if it's a light gun game, and the plateform system.
Genre is only updated if it's not already set, except when it's a gun game where i made sure to have Shooter / Gun as genre (To be sure thoses are included in lightgun playlists)
The arcade system is set as Source

- LaunchboxDbID is updated according to a file shipped with the dll : databaseTP.json. Note that's even without it, most of the game can found a match with the Game title alone. Maybe in a future release if my tool grab some interest, i will add a button to generate the databaseTP.json file so user can post updates in the forum.
If a game already have a LaunchboxDbID and it doesn't match the new one, all current metadata for this game are scrapped. (One exemple is Batman row thrill, when added as Batman.xml, it's matched with a wrong game, so by clearing the meta we make sure that future update "without replacing existing metadata" are gonna update it)

3- Select all your games, Download -> Update Metadata and Media for selected games without replacing existing metadata. And you're done.

TeknoparrotSimpleImport.zip

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, Nixx said:

Well, if someone wants to test

How to use

1- Import your tp xml files inside UserProfiles as rom, scrape as Arcade
2- Go to tools -> "TecknoParrot Simple Import", select the platform you just created and your TP folder (the root folder of tp), Click Update.

Now :
- Some data will be fetch from the xml and json files of tecknoparrot : The game name, the release date, the genre, if it's a light gun game, and the plateform system.
Genre is only updated if it's not already set, except when it's a gun game where i made sure to have Shooter / Gun as genre (To be sure thoses are included in lightgun playlists)
The arcade system is set as Source

- LaunchboxDbID is updated according to a file shipped with the dll : databaseTP.json. Note that's even without it, most of the game can found a match with the Game title alone. Maybe in a future release if my tool grab some interest, i will add a button to generate the databaseTP.json file so user can post updates in the forum.
If a game already have a LaunchboxDbID and it doesn't match the new one, all current metadata for this game are scrapped. (One exemple is Batman row thrill, when added as Batman.xml, it's matched with a wrong game, so by clearing the meta we make sure that future update "without replacing existing metadata" are gonna update it)

3- Select all your games, Download -> Update Metadata and Media for selected games without replacing existing metadata. And you're done.

TeknoparrotSimpleImport.zip 10.51 kB · 7 downloads

This seems to do not work for me. The following file is missing: TeknoParrot\Descriptions\SDR.json

Hello I'm very interested in this as well. I tried it out and I got the same error as Nixx. There is no Descriptions Folder in my TeknoParrot Root.

Could not find a part of the path 'K:\TeknoParrot\Descriptions\FNFSC.json'.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.11-beta-1
Theme:   Neon Deluxe Arcade LB
Type:    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
Site:    Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle CreateFile(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, System.IO.FileOptions)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at TeknoparrotSimpleImport.Form1.btn_update_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

4:51:54 PM Exception

Hi again, bit of an update. I copied over my descriptions folder from my Coin Ops Retro Arcade 2 tekno parrot folder into my TeknoParrot launch box emulator folder.

I got this. So now I am going to fully replace my Tekno Parrot Emu folder in Launch Box with the RetroArcade 2 TeknoParrot Emu folder and see if that works and I'll report back

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void btn_update_Click(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
Source:  TeknoparrotSimpleImport

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

5:03:22 PM Exception

Okay, I believe that will make it work This is the error I got this time, but it was an error because the descriptions folder from my RetroArcade 2  TeknoParrot Emu didn't have one of the games that I have imported into my launch box emu which is a fully updated fleshed out install of TeknoParrot  so I have many games that are not included in the  RetroArcade Package. So obviously there would be no despription File for those games. So if you have a Description folder with all the current TeknoParrot Games I would include that as part of your tool package. Anyways I will fiddle around some more and make the needed json files for the missing games and see where that goes.

Could not find file 'K:\TeknoParrot\Descriptions\abcELF2.json'.

Type:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Site:    Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle CreateFile(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, System.IO.FileOptions)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)

Recent Log:

So I copied all of the Json files from my meta folder into the descriptions folder and I get the error you see below.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void btn_update_Click(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
Source:  TeknoparrotSimpleImport

Recent Log:

5:55:12 PM Exception

1 hour ago, The_Keeper86 said:

I have the Descriptions and Metadata folders inside the plugin folder but the plugin doesn't do anything when licking on update.

It was for Kurtastrophe " I copied over my descriptions folder from my Coin Ops Retro Arcade 2 tekno parrot folder into my TeknoParrot launch box emulator folder."
I don't understand what is setup look like. But you don't need to move your Metadata and Descriptions outside of your Teknoparrot folder, it should read them. (and it expect them).
Just point to the Teknoparrot folder, select the Plateform where you added your user files xml, click update.

Then, you should see something like that if you go to your column Launchbox id db
image.thumb.png.4d2940187490f1048b02740e75e3a679.png

If it's not, well, idk, maybe last launchbox update broke something, i need to check

Edited by Nixx

1 hour ago, Nixx said:

It was for Kurtastrophe " I copied over my descriptions folder from my Coin Ops Retro Arcade 2 tekno parrot folder into my TeknoParrot launch box emulator folder."

You don't need to move your Metadata and Descriptions outside of your Teknoparrot folder, it should read them. (and it expect them).
Once clicking update, you don't have launchbox db id set for most of the TP games ?

Oh my bad 🤣How do I check for the db id? I do have TeknoParrot setup as a platform and one game added that I added manually.