LaunchBox Community Forums

Meet The Team: MysterNybble

AstroBob

Can you believe it? LaunchBox is turning 11 years old this month! From humble beginnings to a thriving and passionate community, the team has grown from a single visionary to a collaborative team of over 10 people in various full-time and part-time capacities. Since this week is a time of celebration for us, we want to shine a light on some of the amazing folks who are helping to shape the future of LaunchBox and make it what it is today.

While we won’t be able to feature everyone on the team, and there are also multiple contributors both within and outside the community, we hope these posts offer some insight into some of the people working behind the scenes at LaunchBox who you might not know. This will give you a glimpse into their roles and history with the project.

We're continuing our series of team members with Josh a.k.a @MysterNybble

Please introduce yourself and describe your role on the team
I’m Josh, aka MysterNybble, also known as the-guy-behind-the-curtains. I handle the business side of things while wearing all sorts of hats—sometimes even simultaneously! Whether it’s strategy, operations, or just jumping into whatever needs doing, I’m the go-to for keeping everything running smoothly behind the scenes.

What is your history with LaunchBox?
I’ve been around since before LaunchBox was even a thing. Jason was actually an employee of mine back when he started developing it. I supported him in taking the leap to go full-time with LaunchBox and did my part in helping him get it off the ground. Since then, I’ve been an advisor, and more recently I look after the day-to-day oversight. So, you could say I’ve been involved from the very beginning.

What’s your favorite part of working with the LaunchBox community?
While I mostly lurk in the community, I’m constantly amazed by the unique and creative ways people are using LaunchBox. From custom themes and innovative plugins to organizing collections beyond just video games, there’s always something new that surprises me. Half the time, I find myself thinking, “Why didn’t I think of that?” and feeling inspired to try it out myself! It’s incredible to see the creativity and passion that our community brings to the table, and it keeps me excited about what’s next.

themes.thumb.jpg.d3fc9ad88573ff71acdd9fedb7f23734.jpg

Our community never ceases to amaze me with the creative themes they come up with!

What upcoming features or developments in LaunchBox are you most looking forward to?
There’s so much to be excited about! Even after eleven years of development, we’re still brimming with ideas to enhance the gaming experience. I’m especially excited about some of the upcoming features that will make setting up and using LaunchBox smoother than ever. We’re also working on creating a seamless household ecosystem where all your devices just… work together effortlessly. The future is looking bright, and I can’t wait to see where it takes us!

Saves.thumb.png.3886d7b24fc5b63bfce1a8c97e05d45f.png

Our new Save Management features let you backup and manage multiple save files, directly within LaunchBox

What is your favorite game of all time and why? 
I’ve played more Minecraft than I’d like to admit! I always play in survival mode and love designing and building redstone contraptions and resource farms. Minecraft is the perfect way for me to unwind after a busy or stressful day, and it still keeps me engaged after all these years. There’s something endlessly satisfying about the creative freedom it offers, and it never gets old.

Minecraft.thumb.jpeg.ec7fd0d1283a0e447b13041c852f90c5.jpeg

After a long day at work, Minecraft has always been the perfect game for me to kick back and relax.

Can you share a fun fact about yourself that the community might not know?
I use my mouse sideways in front of my keyboard. It’s a little quirky, but it works for me! 😉

setup.thumb.png.21dfe265b44efa1e9c5dc9dd96adf235.png

Definitely not slacking off at work by scrolling through Big Box… Oh wait, that is work 😉

Stay tuned for more "Meet The Team" posts coming throughout the week! 🎉

• Like 5
  • Unusual Gem 1

"I supported him in taking the leap to go full-time with LaunchBox and did my part in helping him get it off the ground"

I remember Jason saying in a special live feed on YT that he had a completely different job and Launchbox was like, a side activity, yes. It must've taken some backbone to leave his previous job and commit himself 100% to this new endeavor. Hope he doesn't regret it and all of you manage to live comfortably with it. 😊 

So the most interesting thing about your post is "I use my mouse sideways in front of my keyboard." I've never heard of that before. Is it for an ergonomic reason or does it improve your productivity? I just tried it and it definitely feels weird to me but if it works for you that's all that matters.

On 8/27/2024 at 8:39 PM, Special T said:

So the most interesting thing about your post is "I use my mouse sideways in front of my keyboard." I've never heard of that before. Is it for an ergonomic reason or does it improve your productivity? I just tried it and it definitely feels weird to me but if it works for you that's all that matters.

It's just how I do it - not sure why or when I started :P! I just push my keyboard back where I reach it from resting most of my forearms on my arms on my desk, then wherever my hand ends up when I rotate at my elbow toward my chest is where the mouse goes. For me, it feels more natural than having to go the other way, but I have been doing this for ... ever. I mean, laptops kind of do it this way too... (I say defending myself because I know it's weird)

On 8/27/2024 at 2:21 PM, Phanamatic said:

Sideways mouse is insane 😭 Keep up the good work Josh!

Insane... or brilliant?! Thanks!

• Haha 1