LaunchBox Community Forums

Error when moderating the DB

When moderating the database, when I do between 1 and 12 moderations, I get this output when trying to load the next item. I have had this issue in both Firefox, with lots of add-ons in use, with add-ons disabled and from a brand new install of Chrome. I can then reload and am able to do another 1-12, any help would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.73c9166bc9fed7aec60be8f518a68859.png

Hi Folks, 

Just wanted to provide a quick update here, we're aware of the errors people are experiencing here and are actively looking into this. It's been tricky to pinpoint given the random nature of the errors, and a refresh of the page will (in most cases) make them go away. 

That said, we know it's an issue and have someone looking into this. Unfortunately we can't give an accurate ETA when this might be resolved, but as soon as we have any leads we'll be sure to let you know.

Please do keep us posted here if you're noticing periods where they aren't just intermittent errors or any changes in behaviour from what you've seen previously. 

Apologies for the problems caused here, we'll keep you posted

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, AstroBob said:

Hi Folks, 

Just wanted to provide a quick update here, we're aware of the errors people are experiencing here and are actively looking into this. It's been tricky to pinpoint given the random nature of the errors, and a refresh of the page will (in most cases) make them go away. 

That said, we know it's an issue and have someone looking into this. Unfortunately we can't give an accurate ETA when this might be resolved, but as soon as we have any leads we'll be sure to let you know.

Please do keep us posted here if you're noticing periods where they aren't just intermittent errors or any changes in behaviour from what you've seen previously. 

Apologies for the problems caused here, we'll keep you posted

Refreshing only makes is go away initially. As you get closer to the last 100 or 200 entries to be moderated it happens more and more frequently until you can refresh or load moderation tabs 20, 30 or 40 times in a row with it giving an error each time before being able to moderate again, and then only for one or two times before the errors start again. The closer to Good Jorb you are, the more frequently it comes up.  

It started up when the website LaunchBox 11 year Celebration banner was added and I wonder if it is related. I would love to see the website rolled back to the previous version to see if it impacts the issue.

11 hours ago, Thanatos_Prime said:

That is...until you moderate for a time and then the errors come again. Same on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Same on Brave and Waterfox as well. So I doubt it's a browser issue.

Edited by MJF

Just to give you guys a bit of an update with this specific error.

We think we found out what the issue is. This seems to be happening when user-submitted content that lacks necessary metadata enters the queue. From the moderator side, you see the next change on the list attempt to load, but the game lacks essential metadata and cannot be loaded.

What we have done:

• We reviewed the queue and deleted all changes that lack the necessary metadata, so things should be running smoother now

What are we doing:

• We need to identify all the ways changes can be submitted incorrectly and plug those holes
  • We need to continue to review the queue for any new changes that users submit that have the required information missing and remove them

At least for right now (until it happens again), the queue should be running smoothly. We are prioritizing the rest and will have it in place as soon as possible.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, faeran said:

Just to give you guys a bit of an update with this specific error.

We think we found out what the issue is. This seems to be happening when user-submitted content that lacks necessary metadata enters the queue. From the moderator side, you see the next change on the list attempt to load, but the game lacks essential metadata and cannot be loaded.

What we have done:

• We reviewed the queue and deleted all changes that lack the necessary metadata, so things should be running smoother now

What are we doing:

• We need to identify all the ways changes can be submitted incorrectly and plug those holes
  • We need to continue to review the queue for any new changes that users submit that have the required information missing and remove them

At least for right now (until it happens again), the queue should be running smoothly. We are prioritizing the rest and will have it in place as soon as possible.

Things are running much more smoothly now. I've moderated well over 200 items without a single issue.

image.png.46187a8838e97c7b61ec9c08e8b7eb17.png

• Game On 1