LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Genesis

31 files

1. Sega Genesis 2D / 3D Set (40 Games) - Carefully Curated

Yes there are only 40 titles in this set, that's because these are probably the only Genesis games worth playing.

Most of the 2D Box Art I got from another set on here, some I custom made.

The corresponding 3D boxes were made using "Gimp" and utilising the Spines also downloaded from here.

I hope you enjoy the uniformity as much as I do.

9 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

2. Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Steam Banners

Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Steam Banners (460 x 215)
    445 Steam Banners for the Genesis / Mega Drive, not a complete collection but very close, all big games covered and more!

27 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

3. SEGA Genesis Game Theme Videos - Gleylancer, Battle Mania 2 & Trouble Shooter

Just a few themes I whipped up (nothing fancy) using art found on the net for a couple of Genesis Shmups:
    Advanced Busterhawk Gleylancer
    Battle Mania Daiginjou (Battle Mania 2 / Trouble Shooter Vintage)
    Trouble Shooter
    Note: these are in 4:3 format (1440x1080) as mp4 videos

Hope you like them.

40 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. covers mega drive 3D

I update with this new design that I find more attractive and realistic.

828 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

5. Sonic the Hedgehog: 2D ROM Hack Box Arts

What is this?
    This is a collection of Sonic Mod Box Art that I made, for anyone to use so feel free if you wish!

Mods included are:
    CratStrat Mighty in Sonic 1 Pantufa the Cat Sonic 1 Josh Wokes Christmas Mini-Hack Sonic 1 Neon (by DeltaWooloo) Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect Ultimate Sonic 1 Remastered Sonic 1 Sonic 3 Edition Sonic 1 Special Version Sonic Pixel Perfect Sonic ERaZor Sonic Winter Adventures Neo Sonic the Hedgehog Robotnik Returns Sonic 1 Color Contrast Sonic 1 Egg on Toast Sonic 1 Gotta Go Fast Edition Sonic 1 Stardust Gear Edition Sonic Tetris Sonic 1 Painto Edition 2 CrazySonic Sonic 1 Back in Time Sonic 1 The Next Level Sonic Scorched Quest Action 1 Steak Pepsi in Sonic 1 Socket the Hedgeduck Sonic 1 Back to South Island Sonic 1 Mania Edition Sonic 1 Reverse Curse A Rushed Sonic ROM Hack Mr. Cat's 16 Day Challenge Classic Pantufa the Cat DX Achi Sonic 1 Colors Edition Sonic 1 Dragon Edition Among the Others Cthulhu's Island  Sonic 1 Remade Sonic 1 Contemporary Sonic the Hackable Hardline Team Storybook I Made You a Salad Ray in Sonic 1 Cream in Sonic 1 Labyrinth Zone EX Sonic 1 Published by EA Labyrinth Zone EX Pantufa the Cat Extended Edition Sonic 1 Character Pak Sonic 1 Delta Sonic 1 Point and Click Edition Sonic 1 Tag Team Adventure Sonic 1 Definitive Edition

Why put this here?
    Simple I've had these for some time and have been meaning to rid them and sort of clear out my mod list for any new upcoming Sonic Mods coming my way, but first I'd make box arts for the Mods I already have so I can simply redownload them if the need be, plus if anyone wants cover art for the Mods they can get custom made ones to use in their launcher be it LaunchBox, Steam or Playnite.

So basically, I made these so your Sonic Mods don't look like a blank square in your collection, I also plan to update this, given that- enjoy!
    Will you make 3D Versions?
    In short - I will not however I have had someone ask me if they can make one out of these to which I will say - feel free to make your own 3D Versions if you have the know-how! I mostly work on 2D Box Art for collections in Steam and Playnite - frontends I myself use as I don't use Launchbox.

712 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Updated

6. Sega Mega Drive (Japan) (2D Carts) [ArcDragon]

I've been working for a while on creating a unique high quality consistent set of 2D Cart artwork for multiple consoles.  @dragon57 lent his time running some scripts to get the labels onto these carts and naming each file appropriately.  HUGH THANKS!  As such I'm naming these sets ArcDragon due to the collaborative effort.

173 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

7. Sega Mega Drive (Europe) (2D Carts) [ArcDragon]

I've been working for a while on creating a unique high quality consistent set of 2D Cart artwork for multiple consoles.  @dragon57 lent his time running some scripts to get the labels onto these carts and naming each file appropriately.  HUGH THANKS!  As such I'm naming these sets ArcDragon due to the collaborative effort.\

208 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

8. Sega Genesis (2D Carts) [ArcDragon]

I've been working for a while on creating a unique high quality consistent set of 2D Cart artwork for multiple consoles.  @dragon57 lent his time running some scripts to get the labels onto these carts and naming each file appropriately.  HUGH THANKS!  As such I'm naming these sets ArcDragon due to the collaborative effort.\
    This set contains the standard cart shape USA releases.  I will release the EA, Accolade and other releases on a future update.
    576 2D Carts in this v1.0

258 downloads

(0 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

9. Sega Genesis (USA/North America) 2.5D Front Box Art Pack, Hyperreal Series

Sega Genesis USA/North America region box art. 741 images (No-Intro set) - let me know if any errors or omissions. A few extras are included for non-physical releases. I have my regions currently separated into USA/North America, Japan and Europe; anything not falling into the former 2 regions tends to fall into the Europe region.
    Why these images?
    Short of proper 3D model box support in Launchbox, I find that "2.5D" is often the best box image type. 3D boxes can be good and I use them for some platforms, though the angle that they tend to be at makes the cover art a bit less clear, and all the spines can give an overall cluttered appearance which can be distracting from the artwork. The standard scraped box-front images tend to just look like jpg computer images and not the actual physical product.
    That's where 2.5D comes in. By 2.5D I mean that the image is of the actual front artwork, within the box, facing head on. I'm a perfectionist and want the images to look as realistic as possible - just like the original game boxes. This set is therfore created using a photo-realistic hard plastic case template (not a vector model), complete with the little box hanger and mottled plastic cover, within which the artwork sleeve is inserted. There is some subtle lighting and shadow effect. I went through each item individually so that I could tailor the effect depending on the brightness and contrast of the box art. I'm aiming to create the most realistic sets out there, and am open to any feedback or suggestions. This is over a week's work - in future I will use a Photoshop automation and just set the effect somewhere in the middle, in order to save time!

619 downloads

(0 reviews)

13 comments

Updated

10. Sega Megadrive (Japan) 2.5D Front Box Art Pack, Hyperreal Series

Sega Megadrive Japan region box art. 476 images (No-Intro set) - let me know if any errors or omissions. A few extras are included for non-physical releasese (e.g. SegaNet). I have my regions currently separated into USA/North America, Japan and Europe; anything not falling into the former 2 regions tends to fall into the Europe region.
    Why these images?
    Short of proper 3D model box support in Launchbox, I find that "2.5D" is often the best box image type. 3D boxes can be good and I use them for some platforms, though the angle that they tend to be at makes the cover art a bit less clear, and all the spines can give an overall cluttered appearance which can be distracting from the artwork. The standard scraped box-front images tend to just look like jpg computer images and not the actual physical product.
    That's where 2.5D comes in. By 2.5D I mean that the image is of the actual front artwork, within the box, facing head on. I'm a perfectionist and want the images to look as realistic as possible - just like the original game boxes. This set is therfore created using a photo-realistic hard plastic case template (not a vector model), complete with the little box hanger and mottled plastic cover, within which the artwork sleeve is inserted. There is some subtle lighting and shadow effect. I went through each item individually so that I could tailor the effect depending on the brightness and contrast of the box art. I'm aiming to create the most realistic sets out there, and am open to any feedback or suggestions. This is over a week's work - in future I will use a Photoshop automation and just set the effect somewhere in the middle, in order to save time!

283 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

11. Sega Megadrive (Europe) 2.5D Front Box Art Pack, Hyperreal Series

Sega Megadrive Europe region box art. 552 images (No-Intro set) - let me know if any errors or omissions. I have my regions currently separated into USA/North America, Japan and Europe; anything not falling into the former 2 regions tends to fall into the Europe region.
    Why these images?

465 downloads

(2 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

12. Super Aladdin Boy (Genesis Korea region) 2.5D Box Art Set

2.5D box art set for the Super Aladdin Boy - what the Sega Genesis was called in Korea. 76 images, based on the No-Intro set. Some covers were hard to come by. Let me know if anything is missing. This is niche set that I'm releasing before doing the proper Genesis and Megadrive sets. Includes original cover art inserted into correct box with mottled pastic cover.

45 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

13. Sega Megadrive Custom Box

Hello guys,
    In celebration of SEGA's 60th anniversary, I made this template based on the Japanese MD. These are the 450 t [itulos launched for the Japanese MD with white borders and without borders.
    I thank @Cauptainfor the images he treated in Photoshop

77 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

14. Sega Genesis Marquee Set

No-Intro marquee set for Sega Genesis

349 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

15. Sega Genesis USA No-Intro Art Pack (3D Boxes, 2D Carts, Logos)

This is a complete Collection of 3D Boxes, 2D Carts and Logos for the Sega Genesis USA Region. The set is named after the 2019 No-Intro Rom set and includes all Betas, Protos and Sega Channel Covers and as a result of the naming convention used with No-Intro there will be a lot duplicate artwork with slightly different naming. The concept  behind these No-Intro named packs is that the user can either have seperate systems with an entire library of artwork for each system or choose a region they would prefare and simply overwrite the region artwork that is not wanted as the artwork and roms will have the same names (for example: Japan, USA), doing this will leave a library of artwork with a complete region and only the exclusives would be left for the region that was overwritten, then all that is left is to delete the unwanted Artwork.
    There are three different versions of 3D Boxes to choose from: Normal, With Plastic Cover, With Plastic Cover and Sheen. 
    A big thanks goes out to @Aorin who put a lot of work into the Logos and helped create artwork for many parts of this project. This project wouldn't of been finished if it wasn't for his help. 
    The great looking carts were made by @WallyWonka and I have added and made many of my own using his templates.
    Though some of the naming may seem a bit strange in some instances, LaunchBox and Emumovies will download the correct information and videos for all games.
    NORMAL:
    WITH PLASTIC COVER:WITH PLASTIC COVER AND SHEEN:
    CARTS:
    LOGOS:
    AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE EUROPE REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:
    AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE JAPAN REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

5,244 downloads

(5 reviews)

16 comments

Updated

16. Genesis - Marquees

Custom Marquees for the Sega Genesis platform.
    Examples:

719 downloads

(0 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

17. Sega Mega Drive Europe No-Intro Art Pack (3D Boxes, 2D Carts, Logos)

This is a complete Collection of 3D Boxes, 2D Carts and Logos for the Sega Mega Drive Europe Region. The set is named after the 2019 No-Intro Rom set. As a result of the naming convention used with No-Intro there will be some duplicate artwork with slightly different naming. The concept  behind these No-Intro named packs is that the user can either have seperate systems with an entire library of artwork for each system or choose a region they would prefare and simply overwrite the region artwork that is not wanted as the artwork and roms will have the same names (for example: Japan, Europe), doing this will leave a library of artwork with a complete region and only the exclusives would be left for the region that was overwritten.
    There are three different versions of 3D Boxes to choose from: Normal, With Plastic Cover, With Plastic Cover and Sheen. 
    This Project was a collaboration between myself and @aorin1. I made the Boxes and the Carts and Aorin collected and made many of the Logos so they match the European Box Logos exactly. Aorin also had a lot of input in other parts of the project.
    Though some of the naming may seem a bit strange in some instances LaunchBox and Emumovies will download the correct information and videos for all games.
    LIST OF GAMES COVERED:
    NORMAL:  
    WITH PLASTIC COVER
    WITH PLASTIC COVER AND SHEEN

CARTS:
    LOGOS:

AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MAGA DRIVE JAPAN REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:
    AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA GENESIS USA REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

4,792 downloads

(5 reviews)

24 comments

Updated

18. Sega Mega Drive Japan No-Intro Art Pack (3D Boxes, 2D Carts, Logos)

This is a complete Collection of 3D Boxes, 2D Carts and Logos for the Sega Mega Drive Japan Region. The set is named after the 2019 No-Intro Rom set. As a result of the naming convention used with No-Intro there will be some duplicate artwork with slightly different naming.  The concept  behind these No-Intro named packs is that the user can either have seperate systems with an entire library of artwork for each system or choose a region they would prefare and simply overwrite the region artwork that is not wanted as the artwork and roms will have the same names (for example: Japan, Europe), doing this will leave a library of artwork with a complete region and only the exclusives would be left for the region that was overwritten.
    This Project was a collaboration between myself and @aorin1. I made the Boxes and a lot of the Carts and Aorin collected and made many of the Logos so they exactly match the Japanese box art and many Carts and also had a lot of input in other parts of the project.
    Though some of the naming may seem a bit strange in some instances LaunchBox and Emumovies will download the correct information and videos for all games.
    LIST OF GAMES COVERED:
    NORMAL:  

WITH PLASTIC COVER:WITH PLASTIC COVER AND SHEEN: CARTS:
    LOGOS:
    AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA GENESIS USA REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:
    AN ART PACK FOR THE SEGA MEGA DRIVE EUROPE REGION CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE:

2,496 downloads

(1 review)

6 comments

Updated

19. Sega Mega Drive Japan 3D Boxes (450 files) + 2D Front and Back covers

450 box
    original physical scans
    Thanks to @Robin55 for sharing his Sega MD action script template.( Sorry Robin, ur name didnt get tagged due to my stupid copy paste..)
    -NOTE-
    Link inside is text file with google drive download link!
    ---Addendum : Added Front and Back covers 2D. I made them in same time as 3D boxes, but forgot to post here.. were posted on hyperspin forum only before.

485 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated

20. Sega Mega Drive Logo Cartridges

Hello friends,
    hope you like this idea. It's hard to find a good quality carts for Sega Mega Drive and Genesis, so I created 3D Cartridges encapsulating the game logo. In this pack you'll find USA, Europe and Japan 3D cartridges.
    Take a look to my video to understand it better:
    Hope it is useful for someone.
    See ya soon!

252 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

21. Sega Mega Drive 3D Box Art Robin55 Modified

Hello again,
    first of all I want to thank to Robin55 for sharing his work with me and let me use his Photoshop template to create the boxes I needed.
    now that I've finished my new Sega Mega Drive Wheel I would like to share with all of you this 3D BOX based on the originals from Robin55.
    I only share this ones because I didn't needed all of them and I don't have enough time to convert all, sorry.  I gave them a little bit more definition and the cardboard ones I converted to 3D Box with the incredible template of Robin55.
    Hope you like it!!

487 downloads

(1 review)

2 comments

Submitted

22. Shro2016 1:1 Pack - Sega Mega Drive (EU)

This file contains the complete 1:1 cover set for all Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) games released in the United Kingdom Region and in the EU cover variant. 
    All files have been created by myself using the various repositories on the Internet for source materials and all have been adapted to suit the 1:1 file ratio and all have had a standard mega drive overlay applied so that they appear uniform in the set.
    The file format is JPG to keep file size small and hopeful better performance on low spec machines. The file dimensions are all 500x500
    1:1 Packs for other consoles will be added shortly.

223 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

23. Mega Drive (EU) 2D Complete Cover Pack

This file contains the complete cover set for all Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) games released in the United Kingdom Region and in the EU cover variant. 
    All files have been collated by myself from the various repositories on the Internet and have been retouched where required and resized to uniform ratio. The quality does vary between the covers based on the source files available but images are scaled to the best quality size available. Image sizes in the pack are: 500x725, 750x1087, 1000x1450, 1500x2147, 2000x2900
    If you are aware of better quality variants of the covers in this pack please let me know and I will update the pack as required.
    It should be noted that all are the original covers with the exception of Lethal Enforcers 2 which I could not find a high enough quality version of and so I have adapted the US cover to the EU style box to make this a complete set.

1,248 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

24. Happy Halloween poster

I was looking for the full art (without any text or logo's) of this legendary megadrive/genesis Ghouls'n Ghosts cover, I couldn't find it anywhere so I reconstructed it.
    I've wanted this as a poster in my game room for a long time and so may you perhaps, now we can  Maybe it can serve for other purposes as well.
    Happy Halloween all!

142 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

25. Sega Mega Drive - Japan 3D Box Art

3D Boxes for all known Japan Exclusive games, some bootlegs, customs I created for prototype games, and a custom box variant for the games that were provided with the Sega Toshokan internet service! Enjoy!!!

360 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted