LaunchBox Community Forums

LBPlex 1.4

(13 reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

LBPlex is a theme that mimics Plex Media Server's website interface. Two versions are included in the package: LBPlex - which has the default item spacing on the sidebar and list view, and LBPlex Condensed - which has much tighter item spacing on the sidebar and list view. I have also replaced the volume "knob" with a regular slider.

NOTES:

• All the colors in this theme are hard-coded with the exception of the Foreground (text) color in the LaunchBox Options\Legacy\Theme\Colors menu.
  • The Background Opacity slider in the LaunchBox Options\Visuals\Boxes menu has no effect right now. A fix is in-coming so this will work at a later date. Update: If you run the latest LaunchBox Beta (8.7-beta-1 or above) this is fixed.
  • The Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background will adjust the brightness of the theme background image.

Enjoy :)

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

v1.4

• Added the new RetroAchievements item (LaunchBox 10.8 and newer) to the main title bar

v1.3

• The background image was re-named and chromatically adjusted a bit, you may need to adjust the brightness to suit your needs with the Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background
  • Got rid of some unneeded images that I left in there from the initial development
  • Rounded the scrollbars (@spektor56)
  • Added margins to scrollbars (@Kevin_Flynn)

v1.2

• Added back the menu button that was mistakenly omitted from the sidebar

v1.1

• Fixed an error with the new opacity binding in 8.7 beta 1
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 10
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looking good, also thumbs up for the "knob" removal :).  I think the scrollbar thumbs would look cooler with rounded tips, not such a fan of boxy scrollbars (unless they are directly on the edge of the screen like android) for some reason.

Edited by spektor56

A few questions:

- How can I add more space padding between text elements in the left view?   (im lokking into your xamls)
- How had you get square perfect screenshots???   I really love your capture!!

Regards!!!

3 hours ago, spektor56 said:

Looking good, also thumbs up for the "knob" removal :).  I think the scrollbar thumbs would look cooler with rounded tips, not such a fan of boxy scrollbars (unless they are directly on the edge of the screen like android) for some reason.

You're right, I'll change them for the next update. 

Looks great but for some reason it doesn't work on my machine. I'm on version 8.7 beta 1. I get some error message that prompts me to report the error on a website that I don't know about and and requires registration. Happens on both themes LBPLEX V1.3

Just now, yougottabekittenme said:

Looks great but for some reason it doesn't work on my machine. I'm on version 8.7 beta 1. I get some error message that prompts me to report the error on a website that I don't know about and and requires registration. Happens on both themes LBPLEX V1.3

Whats the error? And i assume you have unzipped them into the Launchbox/LBThemes folder?

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Whats the error? And i assume you have unzipped them into the Launchbox/LBThemes folder?

Yes I have. I don't know if that is relevant but, I'm currently running the latest version of the custom theme Unified Redux which is running very smoothly . And here it is ''

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 8.7-beta-1
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MarqueeView, System.Object, System.EventArgs)
Source:  BigBox

at (MarqueeView , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MarqueeView.MarqueeView_OnActivated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.WmActivate(IntPtr wParam)
   at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

5:59:42 PM Exception''

Just now, Grila said:

This is a LaunchBox theme, not a BigBox theme...

lol,

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Pretty sure i asked you that here???

:):) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

lol,

Pretty sure i asked you that here???

:):) 

I was just saying...that error message that was posted is from BigBox.

Sorry @neil9000, I'll crawl back down into my hole :)

Just now, Grila said:

I was just saying...that error message that was posted is from BigBox.

Sorry @neil9000, I'll crawl back down into my hole :)

lol, sorry fella didnt mean to come over like that. :)  Its just that i asked him if he unzipped to LBThemes and he said yes, so i completely overlooked that the error had BigBox in it :( so im glad you pointed that out before i went down a rabbit hole. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, goyetus said:

A few questions:

- How can I add more space padding between text elements in the left view?   (im lokking into your xamls)
- How had you get square perfect screenshots???   I really love your capture!!

Regards!!!

Yeah...how to get the square images like you do? It looks great!!! 

8 hours ago, Yan said:

Yeah...how to get the square images like you do? It looks great!!! 

Same question here. I assume You use background images. but when i put aspect ratio to 1.0 it looks nearly as good as yours but backgrounds images have different dimensions and some of them looks bad. do you use the same dimension for all background images? and if yes what is this dimension? i could scale all my background images just to get the look you have.

props for this man. it looks great.

5 minutes ago, vahacris said:

Same question here. I assume You use background images. but when i put aspect ratio to 1.0 it looks nearly as good as yours but backgrounds images have different dimensions and some of them looks bad. do you use the same dimension for all background images? and if yes what is this dimension? i could scale all my background images just to get the look you have.

props for this man. it looks great.

@Grila is using custom resized images he made for his personal build, so yours wont look exactly the same as his.

Just now, johnnyskullhead said:

How do you install it ?

Unzip the two folders to your Launchbox/LBThemes folder. Then go to tools/options/visuals and pick it from the dropdown, and restart Launchbox.

2 minutes ago, JesseBlue said:

Nice theme! But i was actually a fan of the volume knob. ;) Maybe give us an option (inside the ControlsView.xaml) to bring it back?

Or you could just copy it from the default theme ControlsView.xaml and paste it in there...

I meant just copy the volume knob code and paste it in LBPlex by where I have the volume slider. You can't just replace the whole file.

<Rectangle x:Name="KeyRectangle" Grid.Column="5" Fill="{Binding SelectionBackgroundBrush, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged, NotifyOnTargetUpdated=True}" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <Rectangle.Triggers>
                <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
                    <BeginStoryboard>
                        <Storyboard>
                            <ColorAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="brush1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Color" To="{Binding Fill.Color, ElementName=KeyRectangle}" Duration="0:0:0.5" />
                        </Storyboard>
                    </BeginStoryboard>
                </EventTrigger>
            </Rectangle.Triggers>
        </Rectangle>
        <controls:VolumeKnobControl Grid.Column="5" FillBrush="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" Value="{Binding Path=VolumeValue, Mode=TwoWay}" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Focusable="True" IsTabStop="True" FocusVisualStyle="{StaticResource FocusVisualStyle}" Padding="10,0,10,0" Margin="0,2,0,2">
            <controls:VolumeKnobControl.HighlightBrush>
                <SolidColorBrush x:Name="brush1" Color="{Binding ElementName=KeyRectangle, Path=Fill.Color}" />
            </controls:VolumeKnobControl.HighlightBrush>
        </controls:VolumeKnobControl>

• Like 1