LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I think @Orionsangel was asking about the RA shader... :)

Damn I think you're right lol thanks, where's my head at?! I'm not sure anymore which it was exactly but I saved the preset with my own settings it's attached here:

LUST666.zip

Heya Mr. RetroLust, I'm already using your great Neon Deluxe theme for LB and now I, after deciding that bezels were kinda cool but mostly just too distracting for me to actually use when playing, I find these great bezels of yours. Awesome work!

However, is it possible that there's greasy fingerprints or something on the screen? I almost got the aggressive stuff out to clean my screen :P I guess it's not possible to get the bezels without the stuff on the screen?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EgoBizarro said:

Heya Mr. RetroLust, I'm already using your great Neon Deluxe theme for LB and now I, after deciding that bezels were kinda cool but mostly just too distracting for me to actually use when playing, I find these great bezels of yours. Awesome work!

However, is it possible that there's greasy fingerprints or something on the screen? I almost got the aggressive stuff out to clean my screen :P I guess it's not possible to get the bezels without the stuff on the screen?

Thanks I was hoping to reach that goal in convincing the non-bezel folks ;) Haha yep thats baked into the bezels, to be honest it adds to the realism and you only see them in the darker parts. But I will add clear screens in the future if more people want them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

2.3 Added: NEC Turbografx-16 realistic bezel

Loved it! The platforms are getting slowly unified! Thanks Lust :)

• Game On 1

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Great work!

Lust, have you thought of the idea of making a daylight variation on them?

Thanks bud :) I started out with a day and night mode with the atari 2600 bezels, later on I realised it would take me far less time to just make night mode, seeing as almost everybody makes day mode graphics I rather stick with night mode as it presents what I think is most important > Focus to the game, bezel only to accentuate the game. I know there are people out there that dont use bezels as day mode is too distracting from the game, myself included, so I offer something exclusive if you will.

• Game On 1

2.5 Added: Turbografx-CD and TurboDuo realistic bezels, they should play the same games as far as I understand, giving you more choice which console you prefer.

Bezel_TurboDuo_Mr_RetroLust.thumb.jpg.c6c07b22683e2d67c601e17f229f5964.jpgBezel_Turbografx-CD_Mr_RetroLust.thumb.jpg.166e911a76ed1c2d17f6d2bff56a3465.jpg

• Like 2

2.6 - Fixes

TurboDuo, Turbografx 16, Atari 7800, Mega Drive, Supergrafx: Fixed shadow and background lighting to fit other bezels.

Master System: Size of console is now larger, fixed shadow and background lighting to fit other bezels.

• Game On 1

33 minutes ago, daz said:

Loving these bezels lust, could you do Sony PlayStation & Sega Saturn please so my collection would be complete.

I'll get there eventually, i'm making the bezels when importing new platforms to my own collection, a lot of systems/platforms to be added still.

• Game On 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:13 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

A. I make the bezels with a generic cart, otherwise I'd have to make a bezel for each game.

B. Thanks, glad you like! I certainly will try to cover them all :)

Oh oh, if you use photoshop you could (and should) have a cart layer, and then you could create a macro that records you insterting and placing a cart from a directory and then opening the save as dialog box.  I did something similar to help me quickly place what I opened and then bring up the save as box when I was making a mame wheel set back in the hyperspin days.  Made pretty quick work of it.  If you'd like some help I'd be happy to see if I could get it going using that method.

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

Oh oh, if you use photoshop you could (and should) have a cart layer, and then you could create a macro that records you insterting and placing a cart from a directory and then opening the save as dialog box.  I did something similar to help me quickly place what I opened and then bring up the save as box when I was making a mame wheel set back in the hyperspin days.  Made pretty quick work of it.  If you'd like some help I'd be happy to see if I could get it going using that method.

Thanks but I'm not gonna do that, to many games to cover, to much work involved, to many downloads, to many games that would be missing or wouldn't work because it's launchbox title was changed etc. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

2.9 Added: Nintendo 64 realistic bezel

Great work! Love that you are adding the power lights to the consoles :)

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks bud :) I started out with a day and night mode with the atari 2600 bezels, later on I realised it would take me far less time to just make night mode, seeing as almost everybody makes day mode graphics I rather stick with night mode as it presents what I think is most important > Focus to the game, bezel only to accentuate the game. I know there are people out there that dont use bezels as day mode is too distracting from the game, myself included, so I offer something exclusive if you will.

I do think full on daylight mode is a bit distracting but What about just a half-day mode?  Or,..evening mode? lol.  I like the night mode, but i find myself trying so hard to try to see some of the surrounding details but it is just too dark to make much out.