LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

4.9 Added: Nintendo Virtual Boy larger screen version, the previous bezel's game screen was quite small.

What is that shader? Are you playing Virtual Boy using 3D glasses or similar?

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

What is that shader? Are you playing Virtual Boy using 3D glasses or similar?

I'm using the beetle core for virtual boy, in it's options you can choose for several 3D options, I found red/cyaan works best, I have several different colored glasses including green/magenta but those don't give the depth effect as much. It's a really cool option and feels like Virtual Boy is a must to play in 3D, it's made for it ?

Just now, Mr. RetroLust said:

I'm using the beetle core for virtual boy, in it's options you can choose for several 3D options, I found red/cyaan works best, I have several different colored glasses including green/magenta but those don't give the depth effect as much. It's a really cool option and feels like Virtual Boy is a must to play in 3D, it's made for it ?

Awesome; I have some red/cyan glasses somewhere at my place. Will surely give it a try.

• Game On 1

1 minute ago, Kondorito said:

Awesome; I have some red/cyan glasses somewhere at my place. Will surely give it a try.

You won't regret it, it makes the games much more lively, a shame the console didn't had more games.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

If you have a VR headset there is a virtualboy emulator for oculus.

• Unusual Gem 1

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Don't feel bad, me neither lol I do however bought this with a good discount, I feel rich now. 

https://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-n-hayabusa-for-playstation-4/

Nice. I got like a year ago a couple of Q1 Qanbas with clamps and modded them aesthetically. With the clamps I can make my regular TV rack (or any other one) an arcade machine when attaching the arcade sticks to it. Not the best sticks in the market at all, but they had a great price and the clamps suited my needs of having an arcade feel in my HTPC.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Nice. I got like a year ago a couple of Q1 Qanbas with clamps and modded them aesthetically. With the clamps I can make my regular TV rack (or any other one) an arcade machine when attaching the arcade sticks to it. Not the best sticks in the market at all, but they had a great price and the clamps suited my needs of having an arcade feel in my HTPC.

They look great from what I see on google and those clamps are a very clever idea! \m/

Hey @Mr. RetroLust keep up the truly fantastic work, this is a very creative and unique concept.

is there any chance of getting Amiga please? (now that there is a functioning retroarch core!!)

Many thanks,

T

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zengeek said:

Hey @Mr. RetroLust keep up the truly fantastic work, this is a very creative and unique concept.

is there any chance of getting Amiga please? (now that there is a functioning retroarch core!!)

Many thanks,

T

Thanks, glad you enoy :) I will get there eventually when I add it to my library as well.

These look amazing, but where can I find which video settings I have to use so the game screen fits each bezel? Is there a tutorial?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

These look amazing, but where can I find which video settings I have to use so the game screen fits each bezel? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks glad you like, I don't have a link atm but do a search on video scaling in retroarch and you'll find it.

11 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks glad you like, I don't have a link atm but do a search on video scaling in retroarch and you'll find it.

Yeah they are absolutely amazing. I know how to change the settings in retroarch. I was just wondering if there is a tutorial on what exact values I need for, say bsnes, so the game screen fits the bezel. I can do it myself, but think it would be great if.people knew which settings they need instead of figuring that out on your own.

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

Yeah they are absolutely amazing. I know how to change the settings in retroarch. I was just wondering if there is a tutorial on what exact values I need for, say bsnes, so the game screen fits the bezel. I can do it myself, but think it would be great if.people knew which settings they need instead of figuring that out on your own.

I'll take a look at what settings I have and let you know.

@SiriusVI This probably takes as long as doing them by hand yourself, but the following config files need to be in a sub folder each created by the cores you use in RetroArch/config, also make sure you have the bezels in the sub folder: \overlays\_MR.RETROLUST\

config.zip

Thank you for the effort! It's just easier if I know what values you use =).

Do you have a 1080p display or 4K? I'm guessing your settings only work for 4K displays. They don't work right on mine ;)

Edited by SiriusVI