LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, kongmao45678 said:

The new RetroArch does not support the .cgp files in My RetroArch Shader Presets.zip. Can you update your configuration?

Which version is the "new" version specifically that breaks this? I want to ensure I don't get caught by it.

Shaders not compatible with Retroarch 1.90, at least. If anyone has and can share modified shaders or new .lay format :) … actually, is the .lay format compatible with Vulkan?

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

Hey @Mr. RetroLust I've been testing out some shaders recently and have noticed that the screens for your amazing overlays in most cases don't work well with integer scale in retroarch enabled. However, integer scale is needed for many shaders to work properly (when scanlines or dots are used). This is especially noticeable in some handheld systems. Whereas your GB and GBC bezels do work with integer scaling, GBA does not. 5x5 is too large and 4x4 is too small for your bezel. I've found other GBA bezels that work with integer scaling, but these do not nearly look as good as your bezels.

Are there any plans to update the bezels so that they fit an integer scale in the future?

3 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Hey @Mr. RetroLust I've been testing out some shaders recently and have noticed that the screens for your amazing overlays in most cases don't work well with integer scale in retroarch enabled. However, integer scale is needed for many shaders to work properly (when scanlines or dots are used). This is especially noticeable in some handheld systems. Whereas your GB and GBC bezels do work with integer scaling, GBA does not. 5x5 is too large and 4x4 is too small for your bezel. I've found other GBA bezels that work with integer scaling, but these do not nearly look as good as your bezels.

Are there any plans to update the bezels so that they fit an integer scale in the future?

No sorry bro I'm too busy with other projects.

13 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

No sorry bro I'm too busy with other projects.

Ah, too bad. Not sure, what I'll do about the shaders then. Maybe Ieave them off for GBA and other handhelds then... I really want to stick to your overlays...

I know I already told you once that these are great, but i figured i'd stop by again and say damn bro, these are hands down the best retro bezels ever created. ive been using these for maybe a year now and you notice all the small things, fine details, when your using them to game for hours on end. I have completely redone my gaming pc to match your retro themes as well, for a seemless arcade experience. I owe you a huge thanks, i can tell these took alot of time to make. I know your busy with the lights off arcade bezels which also blow my f**** mind, just wondering if you will ever return and update this pack a bit? Gamecube one would be perfect as i run all those games in 4:3. I really enjoy these handheld bezels too, the thumbs just add realism to me. Would be epic to get NDS/3DS but i understand why you wouldnt want to do the hinge style bezels. Also, you might know this already but you can add more than one bezel to that retroarch cfg file and kinda mash your "color themed" bezels of the same type together. For example gameboy color, its the same bezel just a dif color, and since youve done such a superb job of aligning these they seemlessly switch between themselves. Just set a hotkey to switch bezel and edit the cfg file. The cfg looks like this;

overlays = 6

overlay0_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Transparent_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay1_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Purple_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay2_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Green_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay3_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Pink_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay4_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Blue_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay5_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Yellow_Mr_RetroLust.png

overlay0_full_screen = true
overlay1_full_screen = true
overlay2_full_screen = true
overlay3_full_screen = true
overlay4_full_screen = true
overlay5_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 0
overlay1_descs = 0
overlay2_descs = 0
overlay3_descs = 0
overlay4_descs = 0
overlay5_descs = 0

I made some other cfgs as well for like jap games, they use the famicom systems instead of USA by using retroarchs "content directory" cfgs, you can change the bezel "if" content is ran from "t-eng" folder, etc. which was a really cool find.

Anyway keep up the great work man, i stop by here every week to see what ur up to. salutations.

Edited by KingSlayer937
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

I know I already told you once that these are great, but i figured i'd stop by again and say damn bro, these are hands down the best retro bezels ever created. ive been using these for maybe a year now and you notice all the small things, fine details, when your using them to game for hours on end. I have completely redone my gaming pc to match your retro themes as well, for a seemless arcade experience. I owe you a huge thanks, i can tell these took alot of time to make. I know your busy with the lights off arcade bezels which also blow my f**** mind, just wondering if you will ever return and update this pack a bit? Gamecube one would be perfect as i run all those games in 4:3. I really enjoy these handheld bezels too, the thumbs just add realism to me. Would be epic to get NDS/3DS but i understand why you wouldnt want to do the hinge style bezels. Also, you might know this already but you can add more than one bezel to that retroarch cfg file and kinda mash your "color themed" bezels of the same type together. For example gameboy color, its the same bezel just a dif color, and since youve done such a superb job of aligning these they seemlessly switch between themselves. Just set a hotkey to switch bezel and edit the cfg file. The cfg looks like this;

overlays = 6

overlay0_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Transparent_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay1_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Purple_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay2_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Green_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay3_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Pink_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay4_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Blue_Mr_RetroLust.png
overlay5_overlay = Bezel_Nintendo_Game_Boy_Color_Yellow_Mr_RetroLust.png

overlay0_full_screen = true
overlay1_full_screen = true
overlay2_full_screen = true
overlay3_full_screen = true
overlay4_full_screen = true
overlay5_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 0
overlay1_descs = 0
overlay2_descs = 0
overlay3_descs = 0
overlay4_descs = 0
overlay5_descs = 0

I made some other cfgs as well for like jap games, they use the famicom systems instead of USA by using retroarchs "content directory" cfgs, you can change the bezel "if" content is ran from "t-eng" folder, etc. which was a really cool find.

Anyway keep up the great work man, i stop by here every week to see what ur up to. salutations.

Thanks man for all the compliments :) Once i'm done with the mame bezel project i'll spend some time to add new systems to my collection and make bezels for them to share with you guys. That hotkey switching of the bezels is a great find! Atm though i'm completely out of the retroarch loop and all it's functions, i'm far behind on RA versions as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks man for all the compliments :) Once i'm done with the mame bezel project i'll spend some time to add new systems to my collection and make bezels for them to share with you guys. That hotkey switching of the bezels is a great find! Atm though i'm completely out of the retroarch loop and all it's functions, i'm far behind on RA versions as well.

Trust me man i know the pain, i hated updating my RA and losing all settings....they say you can just copy paste but we all know that can sometimes ruin ur settings and stuff. last time i updated it broke my setup and had to reinstall RA so i kept mine kinda ancient for quite some time lol. Pretty sure the hotkey bezel switching has been there forever i just overlooked it like most people. I remember using it on psp and ps3 and it had that feature. Recently i updated RA and redid the whole thing since the LB team is integrating RA sometime this year. This time i wont be losing anything when i update i setup custom dirs. Well when you get around to this jus shoot me a msg if you need help with the bezel cfgs, id glady write them up for ya if you needed me to.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

Trust me man i know the pain, i hated updating my RA and losing all settings....they say you can just copy paste but we all know that can sometimes ruin ur settings and stuff. last time i updated it broke my setup and had to reinstall RA so i kept mine kinda ancient for quite some time lol. Pretty sure the hotkey bezel switching has been there forever i just overlooked it like most people. I remember using it on psp and ps3 and it had that feature. Recently i updated RA and redid the whole thing since the LB team is integrating RA sometime this year. This time i wont be losing anything when i update i setup custom dirs. Well when you get around to this jus shoot me a msg if you need help with the bezel cfgs, id glady write them up for ya if you needed me to.

Damn, yeah thats exactly why I dont like to update either. Dont like to redo all the setups.

Hello retro, would you have done by chance a little tutorial for the installation. Indeed I copy paste the file in the overlay folder and rename by putting the name of the system .. The problem is when I make my settings and that I change the support the overlay remains the same (example I make the settings for the game boy everything is fine I record I switch to megadrive and there it is always the game boy overlay) In short I had to miss a step ! How do you go about assigning an overlay to each system?

thanks for your help !

24 minutes ago, Kan said:

Hello retro, would you have done by chance a little tutorial for the installation. Indeed I copy paste the file in the overlay folder and rename by putting the name of the system .. The problem is when I make my settings and that I change the support the overlay remains the same (example I make the settings for the game boy everything is fine I record I switch to megadrive and there it is always the game boy overlay) In short I had to miss a step ! How do you go about assigning an overlay to each system?

thanks for your help !

You can save settings per core, per directory (location of the rom, recommended) or per game. I haven't touched RetroArch for a while so I don't remember the location where these save settings are but you'll find it i'm sure ;)

3 hours ago, Sath said:

which shader do you suggest?

I added my shader preset to the downloads, you can open it with a text editor, it's in there. (Not at the pc atm)

• Like 1

I just recently found your bezel work but have been using your Launchbox theme since you made it.  Thank you for all the work you have put together.  Looking forward to applying these bezels in my current build.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gaming.Zone said:

I just recently found your bezel work but have been using your Launchbox theme since you made it.  Thank you for all the work you have put together.  Looking forward to applying these bezels in my current build.

Thanks man, glad you like them! Have fun :)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Would it be possible to get versions of these various displays without consoles?  Sort of a generic Lights Off?

Edited by jt.cs

3 hours ago, jt.cs said:

Would it be possible to get versions of these various displays without consoles?  Sort of a generic Lights Off?

There are already some bezels without consoles but not all displays, I might give that a go once finishing the remaining bezels.

19 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

There are already some bezels without consoles but not all displays, I might give that a go once finishing the remaining bezels.

Yeah, I was referring to the displays other than the 70's/8's/90's ones.  Also, the console specific models show more of the monitors/TV and backgrounds rather than a close-up of the bezels.