LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |16:9| video Set 1.3.2

(13 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 4:3 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 16:9 format
  • HD resolution : 1920x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (16x9)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

// PREVIEW //

Super Nintendo Entertainment System EUR.jpgSega Master System.jpgNintendo Wii.jpg

What's New in Version 1.3.2   See changelog

Released

• add +1 new CATEGORY video (favourite)
  • add +1 new PLATFORM video (Sega Naomi 2)
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 16
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Absolutely love it! It's exactly how I envisioned my platform videos in Launchbox to look like :) 

I'm sure you'll get a lot of requests for different platforms - One I'd be interested in is the Atari 800, but also something for Android Games and Origin Games :-) 

Keep up the wonderful work!

Edited by mayukitahara

Yeah, a phone for Android would be great! :)

Yeah, I guess you're right about Origin... I use the PC games video for my DRM-free games, so I was looking to change it up for the Origin games. I totally understand you wouldn't want to spend time on this, though :)

Oh, and what about ScummVM? :) Here too, I'm not sure about the representation and the need for it, though, since these games were running on PCs... Just a thought ;)

EDIT1: Oh wait, ScummVM is there - yay! - I love the look!

EDIT2: How about Nesica X Live? :D

Edited by mayukitahara

Holy sh** what a great stuff!!!

A video for the following systems would be great.

Philips VG 5000
Arcade PGM
Arcade Zinc

thanks a lot 

Edited by Expello

These are definitely still my default platform videos. As my Launchbox collection increases in size, I find myself lacking a good amount of videos for various platforms. I'm not sure whether or not you're looking to expand or not, but here are a few:

- Future Pinball

- Nintendo Satellaview

- NES translations (Jap -> Eng)

- Sega Pico

- PSP Minis (possibly redundant, I suppose)

- Zinc

I've tried to come up with my own videos for GamePark GP32 and Erogen games (attached a screenshot here), but they're not top notch, mainly because I try to do it based on your own videos (I get weird blurriness) and, well, because I don't have your photoshopping talents ;-)

The Sega Model 1 came out alright, I suppose (also attached a screenshot), using one of the PNG's attached to your initial post helped. A "blank" png (well, the whitish-gray with blackish borders you use) to use as a template would be a great start. Do you think you could share one? Maybe also a couple more with a simple television and computer screens (with no console, so we could add the ones we are lacking) ?  :-)

gamepark32.png

Erogen.png

sega model 1.png

Edited by mayukitahara

@Expello :

• Philips VG 5000  :  I dont find a good quality photo  =/
  • Arcade PGM  : I dont find any gameplay video. Do you have one ?
  • Arcade Zinc : OK !

@mayukitahara :

• Future Pinball : I don't find any gameplay video without camera movement. The camera must be perfectly fixed during capture.
  • Nintendo Satellaview : OK !
  • NES translations (Jap -> Eng) For me, there is no need for a special video, but a special ClearLogo. No ?
  • Sega Pico  :  OK ! 
  • PSP Minis   : OK !
  • Zinc  : OK !
  • Sega Model 1 : OK !
  • GamePark GP32 : Can you send me your gameplay video ??
  • Erogen games  : Can you send me your gameplay video ??

Anyway you could zip this up so we don't have to download 142 separate files? Anyways, awesome job, this is nice and clean looking, simple is so much nicer than the other cluttered videos that I've seen for platforms

• Like 1

@sw1fty808 : Strange ... Jason migrated the servers recently. Maybe an addressing problem.

@TheMadMan007 : There is no way I can upload a 2GB archive and have to do it every time I update it. Sorry :(

You can use the LaunchBox feature> Tools> Download Theme Platform Video.

Excellent work! I was going to stick to banners and my own backgrounds but after seeing these I'm switching over to your perfect videos.

If possible, would love to see the following "platforms".

Windows 3.1
Infocom
Mac OS

If you need video, I can record some gameplay using screencap software.

This is definitely one of the best Set and with Rincewind new Theme truly a magical experience to see how each game system looks.

I've two or three requests for more system if that is ok? :)
*Acorn Archimedes - (clear logo to if its ok.. ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Archimedes
*A clear logo for Super Famicom (Super Nintendo in Japan) - video already exists. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System
*A  video for Sam Coupe - Clear logo already exists.  - https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAM_Coupé
*A  video for DICE - Clear logo already exists.  - SubEB4.jpg

And you're really the best ! ! 

Edited by stephy