LaunchBox Community Forums

15 Screenshots

About This File

This theme uses a dark rock wall background with blue-ish white shadows. This one works great on larger gaming rigs and folks that have their gaming media stored on a NAS. The video below was made on my main rig with 22,000+ games and all the media and roms being stored on NAS using mapped drives, Launchbox was installed on mechanical HDD.

The video does much better showing the theme than the screenshots. (the bouncing and the slides)

I used my custom icons for genres, play modes, number of players, custom controllers, etc..

I designed this one mainly for Large Screens and TVs (16:9), but this time I created it in Stretch Mode in CTC. This is the first theme I have tried using the Stretch mode, so if you run into strange looking issues let me know, preferably with screenshots, I am not sure how to properly test the other screen ratios yet, but from I was able to do, the theme was looking decent on the different views in CTC.

This time I put a more focus on the Arcade (MAME) platform, using game specific Arcade Cabinets and the Arcade Controls (looks will depend on your artwork) as well as play modes specific to the Arcade platform. (the ones like 2-Player Alternating or 2-Player Simultaneous) if you use them.

My custom Genre Icons have grown to over 300+ now (includes the PS template to make more if you need them) and I have over 100 controller images in this theme.

The Platform audio I used was a male voice. I increased the volume a bit and added some reverb.

Video: (wall views in video are showing original version, version 2 is different-see changelog below)

Installation:
Download, unzip, copy the folder "Dark Bounce" into your Launchbox "Themes" folder.
The Windows Media Player in Bigbox will work best with this theme

You can also set the theme up to show if the game can be played in Virtual Reality, Online, PvP, etc. if you want. Artwork is included and already in place. Instructions for setting up the 4-5 custom fields can be found on my "Game On" theme page. (https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/3256-game-on/). It's pretty simple.

Thanks goes out to @y2guru, @faeran for there awesome contributions to CTC/LB/BB work and videos. Also @viking for his great stuff as well as @RetroNi. Some of the logos and videos used from their contributions. And of course anyone else I may have un-intendedly forgot to mention.

Leave comments and suggestions and I'll see what I can do. Spring is here, so gonna be slowing down with this stuff. If I can keep away from it :ph34r:

-Enjoy & thanks for trying the theme!

Edited by The Papaw
added link to Game On theme

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

• Reworked animations in the Wall views, no more bounce. Video slides up from bottom, then details slides up from video. Happens sooner as well.
  • Changed the navigation "Xbox buttons" to "Xbox 360 buttons". (the Xbox button are still in the ..\theme\media\buttons folder if you prefer them).
  • Few text font and font color changes.
  • A few other little fixes and tweaks.
  • Left original version of theme for downloading if you prefer the bouncing in the Wall view, but you can only use one or the other as they both use the same folder name
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

bugeyesbob

· Edited by bugeyesbob

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Perfect soft glow with high contrast background coupled with a minimalistic look.  Looks great on my 29 inch monitor.  Love the added voice over for the platforms etc.  Cheers. 

Response from the author:

Thank you. Much appreciated.

• Thanks 1
Link to review