LaunchBox Community Forums

Youtube Scraper 0.1.9

(6 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Simple Plugin to automate download videos from youtube.

Requirements: Launchbox 8.2+

Install: Extract the content of zip file to : Launchbox/plugins/YoutubeScraper

Source codeGithub (feel free to make a pull request )

EDIT

If you have trouble running the plugin and crashing due CAS error, please right click on the DLL's , properties and then unblock.

unblock.thumb.png.a607d0dfe4f8965625bc1da050b59e0d.png

There's two options:

URL Scraper: Just paste entire youtube URL from the desired video

1CuJ5BzV8J.thumb.gif.60a9b4e28418c589d046deed337227a7.gif

One-click downloader: It will search automatically and download the first entry from youtube. Bulk Download supported!

64prJ3fhsv.thumb.gif.0de5d3e8b3b00ade12a5a5f1f889a38a.gif

What's New in Version 0.1.8   See changelog

Released

Update:

I have no idea what's going on, I will assume that Youtube **** again, I have updated the youtube library hope it works, again and again.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Maddoc1007

7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Works good, impressed so far.  Is there anyway you could add url list with maybe a preview? instead of having to know the url you want to download beforehand.  As well as a preview of video for the direct download as this can be hit and miss LOL as downloaded an mp4 for action hollywood (arcade game) and it downloaded a preview for Hardcore Henry a B movie instead lol.

• Like 1
Link to review
an531

· Edited by an531

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This plugin is a pretty good compromise in terms of time vs. quality for obtaining a sample video for a game. However, youtube videos, or steam trailers for that matter, are not ideal for video snaps. For one thing, they are too long and hence take up too much HDD space. More importantly, though, the rarely show the actual game play. What makes those video snaps for old consoles so great is that you can have a look at a single picture or a few seconds long video snap and you know exactly what that particular game is like (and whether you want to play it or not).  Youtube videos and Steam trailers often make a very looong intro with black screen, developer logos, game menus, animations etc., which IMO spoils the front end experience. 

Youtube Scraper would be much more functional IMO if you could crop a video by selecting the beginning and the end of extracted videos. This way one could both (1) select as short video as one wants (even, say, 10 seconds of actual gameplay would be enough), thereby saving HD space; and (2) select exactly what one wants to see in the video, like actual gameplay, rather than developer logos or game menus.

• Like 2
Link to review
ckp

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I've used this for MANY of my more recent consoles using the automatic one click option (no url pasting) and it gets the right video every time! Great time saver!

This is awesome! I love it! It's great! I can't stop using it! It's a good day today!

• Like 1
Link to review
Jacky71

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Fantastic, something was looking for, thank you.
Link to review
Dynamite Jewduh

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Thanks! This is a very good plugin, I can't imagine not having it.

Link to review
RegularRegs

This is an essential plug in. I've used it for months and months now and I'm very happy the author has updated it periodically so it stays active. Very very good work.

Side note. be careful with the "oneclick download" option. i swear to god this is true, i needed a toejam and earl back in the groove trailer and i typed in "gameplay trailer" in the search parameter and downloaded it, and somehow youtube returned a guy picking real toejam out of his nasty ass foot.. yum.

Link to review