LaunchBox Community Forums

Finding Your Steam Custom URL

Jason Carr

@Ryez Please do the following:

Open Steam Client
On the upper bar that has the Store and Library menu items click the one that is your account name
In the context menu that appears press Profile
In the profile window that now loads in the upper right is an "Edit Profile" button, press that
In the page you are now on is a TextBox with the label Custom Url, set that to whatever value you want
Return to LaunchBox and put the Custom URL value you just entered into the text box asking you for your Steam ID
Finish running the wizard (assuming your game list is already public)

13 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@Ryez Please do the following:

Open Steam Client
On the upper bar that has the Store and Library menu items click the one that is your account name
In the context menu that appears press Profile
In the profile window that now loads in the upper right is an "Edit Profile" button, press that
In the page you are now on is a TextBox with the label Custom Url, set that to whatever value you want
Return to LaunchBox and put the Custom URL value you just entered into the text box asking you for your Steam ID
Finish running the wizard (assuming your game list is already public)

@C-Beats
Thank you! That did the trick. I didn't realize that the URL prefix would also change if I customized it in Steam.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 8:08 AM, therealjohnny05 said:

Just a note in case anyone else runs into this -

The box that the instructions told me was supposed to show my name was blank, and the formatting of the URL didn't actually contain my id but rather a random long number, and entering my user name or that number did not allow Launchbox to access my account.

I manually entered my user name into the blank box of the "Custom URL" line on the "Edit My Profile" page, and saved the changes, and after that Launchbox was able to access my account.

^^^You're a champ! Thanks bro, your advice worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Garosath said:

My profile is set to public, my custom URL is correct and my steam API key is correct, yet it says "Your account could not be accessed". Anyone know what else I can do?

Can you verify the URL in your steam options. I noticed when I went into your games list that the URL dropped the h at the end of your profile name (showing as Garosat, not Garosath). I'd assume this is causing the issue. Alternatively you could drop the h in LaunchBox and see if that works.

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you verify the URL in your steam options. I noticed when I went into your games list that the URL dropped the h at the end of your profile name (showing as Garosat, not Garosath). I'd assume this is causing the issue. Alternatively you could drop the h in LaunchBox and see if that works.

That was just part of my attempted problem-solving. One theory I had was that maybe updating my custom URL would fix it, so I went into Steam and dropped the "h", updated it, then put it back so that it would be updated in case that would be the issue.

Edited by Garosath

On 10/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, C-Beats said:

Yeah, right now though the URL hasn't changed throughout all of the Steam endpoints. Your profile and games list both still work without the h, the same cannot be said about your games list with it.

You're right; it hadn't changed back for some reason. I changed it back now tho and it still doesn't work, with or without the "h".

After waiting a few days and trying again it still doesn't seem to work. The only thing I notice might be the cause is that the Steam URL prompt in Launchbox begins with "http" while on steam it begins with "https". I don't know if this is the cause, but I can't think of anything else. My Steam ID matches what I've input into Launchbox, and I've tried creating new API Keys but it still won't work.

UPDATE: Never mind, I found the issue. I included the "/" behind the ID at the end of the steam URL that steam shows me, but when I now followed the tutorial video the person didn't include it. After removing it from the URL, it now works.

Edited by Garosath

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue as you had where is says my account can not be accessed but I have checked everything seems to be good. privacy,Url, Api, and I tryed to remove the "/" from the end of the url and stil get the account can not be accessed.

Update: watched the tutorial and figured out what i was doing wrong altho i didnt know i was doing anything wrong. I was pasting my entire url into launch box and all it wanted was my name not the whole url 

Edited by Partiesplayin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2015 at 12:31 AM, Jason Carr said:

Also, it's important to note that your profile will need to be public in order for LaunchBox to be able to get your list of owned games. From that same screen above, click the "My Privacy Settings" link, and then make sure your "Profile Status" is "Public".

I did everything right, I put my profile URL, my Web API, I left my profile status "Public", however, an error message still appears saying that my Steam account cannot be accessed to import the games

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 5:21 PM, InsaneCaio said:

I did everything right, I put my profile URL, my Web API, I left my profile status "Public", however, an error message still appears saying that my Steam account cannot be accessed to import the games

Same here. This guide seems outdated. Can anyone verify that steam games can still be loaded with the current steam update? 

1 hour ago, LektricSno said:

Same here. This guide seems outdated. Can anyone verify that steam games can still be loaded with the current steam update? 

Steam URL logic hasn't changed at least in the last 5 years and still works like the app instructs you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, geras666 said:

I get the same error.

image.thumb.png.16174d90649f677f50c24cc1306b9cf8.png

Then you are doing something wrong as it is still working just fine. 

All you need to put in the box is your ID, nothing else, so your id may be some numbers or it may be your username depending on how you setup steam, as you can see below when i click on my profile in steam it shows the url with my username, which is neil9000.

image.png.a006862b6fcf2c559258170fd33f54fa.png

So i simply insert neil9000 into the box, like so.

image.thumb.png.60a9d4f36246534b3386d296cc83d2c2.png

• Like 2