LaunchBox Community Forums

Who wants to help us design a bartop arcade cabinet? :)

Jason Carr

donarumo said Does the t-moulding on a build like this end up showing a lot of wear? If so, I would go with black. Is there a reason not to include a spinner or trackball in a build like this? How about pinball flipper buttons on the sides?
Anyone know about the wear? I'm thinking of doing the blue and green thing currently. I've never seen t-moulding get worn out but I'm pretty much clueless on that topic. We actually are including a spinner on it; it's just not in the mockup. If you check the video at the beginning of this topic there's a spinner on that one so that's the location where it will go on ours. It'll be above the buttons so it won't obstruct Luigi or Mega Man. There will be pinball flippers on the sides as well, also per the video.

Not a bad idea @DJQuad! Not sure if I'll be able to wait for a livestream (I'm gonna be super excited) but I'll see if I can video record it at least! We're also gonna vlog the trip to Texas for Retropalooza. That was @CliveBarker's idea. :) By the way, we have the design finalized and sent off to Monster Arcades sans for the bezel (Neal went on a quick vacation). I'll get the PSDs uploaded here for people to play with for their own cabs once we get the bezel done as well.

Hehehehe, that's true, I can. ;) I have the final package of PSDs everyone! If anyone wants to design their own LaunchBox/Big Box-themed bartop, you can use these and customize them all you want. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6l66isagsrkuko3/AACsa_Pk87qa4rHlfblHK8X2a?dl=0 Once again, huge thanks goes out to @Rincewind for all the amazing work he put into these. Next up, the physical cabinet! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me if I missed reading earlier but I'm sure your gonna use this as hopefully a tester for implementing led blinky support down the road maybe hopefully. And add dynamic marquee control and support would be the bees knees in this launch box big box project. 

With those 2 added features to add and modify the arcade build you would have a Monster Box... lol.. 

Hi @Rincewind, this is looking really great but we do have one problem (certainly not our fault because I don't think we could have known), but the marquee text is getting cut off. We'll get the marquee reprinted; if you want to tackle shrinking the text a bit that would be awesome. Otherwise, I do have the PSDs so I should be able to take care of it too. Can't wait to receive this thing. :)

0.jpg