LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for launching big box?

MultipleX

Hi jason, i am a really big fan of your frontend! I would like to ask if is it going to be any plugin for launching big box on kodi. It would be nice to have an addon like kodi steam launchers, with options, for example, when we launch big box, kodi will be minimize and so on. (i try to launch it through advanced launcher which sucks). My temporary solution is launching it through steam big picture, which i don't like it. ( i have kodi as shell) keep up the good work! Laugh

I don't know of a Kodi add-on for Big box but I am using advanced launcher to launch big box. In my skin I made a tab named games then made that tab to lunch big box directly using advanced launcher. It takes about 20 seconds to launch, and once I close big box it goes back nicely to Kodi (takes about 20 minutes for Kodi to realize the app closed and go back to normal use.

twistedcloud said I don't know of a Kodi add-on for Big box but I am using advanced launcher to launch big box. In my skin I made a tab named games then made that tab to lunch big box directly using advanced launcher. It takes about 20 seconds to launch, and once I close big box it goes back nicely to Kodi (takes about 20 minutes for Kodi to realize the app closed and go back to normal use.
20 minutes? this is why i do not like advanced launcher ,sometimes becomes very unstable, crashing randomly when i launch or close through it. Also it seems that they dropped it from the official kodi repository, which makes a lot more sense. Anyway i will give another shot with your solution and i hope we will see any decent kodi addon for big box, in the near future. thanks guys for your replies. LaughLaugh

MultipleX, I asked for this earlier myself. I just like you tried the advance launcher, but wanted Launchbox to launch right from Kodi through a custom button, and not launch advance launch and then need to choice Lunchbox again through there. So here is what I did. I modified the Steam launcher for Kodi. I opened it up and changed the directory to Lunchbox/Bigbox. And using a different skin CCM, added a button called games on the main menu. Now when I click the "Games" button BigBox launches, and when I close BigBox Kodi comes back up. And since I used the steam launcher I have my steam games load through Lunchbox (BigBox). Here is a video of it. https://youtu.be/spbFAiKKIjA

Syriacn said MultipleX, I asked for this earlier myself. I as you, tried the advance launcher, but wanted Launchbox to launch right from Kodi through a custom button, and not launch advance launch and then need to choice Lunchbox again through there. So here is what I did. I modified the Steam launcher for Kodi. I opened it up and changed the directory to Lunchbox/Bigbox. And using a different skin CCM, added a button called games on the main menu. Now when I click the "Games" button BigBox launches, and when I close BigBox Kodi comes back up. And since I used the steam launcher I have my steam games load through Lunchbox (BigBox).
NICE!!!! I thought about modifying the steam kodi addon yesterday , and boom! Mr @Syriacn did it. Thanks a lot! I will test it asap! LaughLaugh

Never posted on the forum before but have been a long time user of Launchbox (by far some of the best software I have ever used). When I saw this thread and realised someone had created (edited) an addon for launchig launchbox in Kodi I just had to comment to say fair play! Well done Syriacn this seems like a great little script form you video. I will test as soon as I get home and hopefully it works for me!Laugh

Hello all, this is a thread i have dreamed of. Sadly i cant get it working! I have configured the paths as shown to point to my launchbox exe and the kodi exe but it just says check kodi log. Here is the relevant part of the log to see if anyone can point me in the right direction, i am thinking permissions but arent sure. LOG Below: 20:06:52 T:7108 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false 20:06:54 T:7236 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times. 20:06:54 T:7236 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times. 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<-- 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: ****Running Steam-Launcher v3.1.1.... 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: running on osAndroid, osOsx, osLinux, osWin: 0 0 0 1 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: System text encoding in use: mbcs 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are set to be checked for updates... 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are not set to be deleted, running version check 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr script does not exist, skipping version check 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: skipping deleting userdata scripts, option disabled: delUserScriptSett = false 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: script file does not exist, copying to userdata: C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Roaming\TVMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk 20:06:56 T:3044 NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: ERROR: failed to copy script file to userdata: C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Roaming\TVMC\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts\SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk

Funkymoose, sorry to hear that, lets see if we can get this working for you. Did you download my modified script above? Did you copy it over to your addon folder within Kodi? When you open Kodi, under programs do you see the Launchbox icon? Did you right click on the Launcbox icon within Kodi and select your Launchbox path? Do you have the steam launcher also installed? (if so delete it, and play steam through launchbox). Let me know Syriacn

Syriacn said Funkymoose, sorry to hear that, lets see if we can get this working for you. Did you download my modified script above? Did you copy it over to your addon folder within Kodi? When you open Kodi, under programs do you see the Launchbox icon? Did you right click on the Launcbox icon within Kodi and select your Launchbox path? Do you have the steam launcher also installed? (if so delete it, and play steam through launchbox). Let me know Syriacn
Hi there, thanks for the reply :-) So, i downloaded the script, copied it to addon folder, i can see Launchbox. I right clicked the icon and changed the paths for both Kodi and Launchbox. I dont have steam launcher installed. I am actually using a modified version of Kodi which is TVMC (basically just preloaded with repositories). But i have also tried it with a standard Kodi and it is the same. It wont start Launchbox and says check Kodi.log Thank for taking the time, it is much appreciated. Smile