LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for launching big box?

MultipleX

8 hours ago, CoinTos said:

One more small correction you may want to check as I forgot to include it in file. In the process exist ErrorLevel block before you 'Send {Esc}' you have WinWait, you probably want to use WinWaitActive as you mostly don't want to send escape till the window is truely in focus. Now, this is just out of curiousity but why the need to send escape if the process and window already exists and have been brought to focus?

like mentionned above this addon is a really quick and dirty copy/paste of teeedub's steam addon so to be honest I don't know :ph34r:

14 hours ago, ashramrak said:

like mentionned above this addon is a really quick and dirty copy/paste of teeedub's steam addon so to be honest I don't know :ph34r:

No worries, in a couple days I'll clean it up and post a heavily modified version that is tailor more to BigBox for you to look over. 

As promised, here is the ahk script source and compiled exe as I heavily modified the script. Everything that doesn't relate to BigBox has been removed and an update check has been added so you can use the bigbox updater without being kick back to Kodi when the installer launches. I also commented it but that is just out of habit.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by CoinTos
removed old version, see new thread
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CoinTos said:

As promised, here is the ahk script source and compiled exe as I heavily modified the script. Everything that doesn't relate to BigBox has been removed and an update check has been added so you can use the bigbox updater without being kick back to Kodi when the installer launches. I also commented it but that is just out of habit.

LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.zip

On 10/7/2016 at 5:27 PM, CoinTos said:

awesome, I really love the idea that that its handling bigbox updater properly ! xD

I'll look into it asap, very busy at work for now :ph34r: I'll also make sure to credit you properly in the changelog of the addon ! or you could also repackage it yourself and put your own name in the author field; it's not like I'm the original dev of the plugin or anything :P 

Edited by ashramrak

30 minutes ago, ashramrak said:

awesome, I really love the idea that that its handling bigbox updater properly ! xD

I'll look into it asap, very busy at work for now :ph34r: I'll also make sure to credit you properly in the changelog of the addon ! or you could also repackage it yourself and put your own name in the author field; it's not like I'm the original dev of the plugin or anything :P 

I know all to well the busy at work part, finally got a day off to write that ahk but for now, you can remain 'project lead':ph34r: and I will just forward on my modification and bugfixes as I really don't feel like maintaining a Kodi package at the moment. If you lose interest, I will then repackage but for the time being, the extra set of eyes is beneficial.

Ok so here is a very small bugfix update... my bad. Under random starts of the script, it would detect the bigbox window as not existing break the monitoring loop. This was caused by it getting to the monitoring loop too quickly. I thought I had had this squashed with the 2 second sleep timer before the loop but that wasn't enough time apparently. So this version has it set to 5 seconds and it appears the problem is now solved as I can no longer recreate it on my setup.

Edited by CoinTos
removed old version, see new thread

7 hours ago, CoinTos said:

Ok so here is a very small bugfix update... my bad. Under random starts of the script, it would detect the bigbox window as not existing break the monitoring loop. This was caused by it getting to the monitoring loop too quickly. I thought I had had this squashed with the 2 second sleep timer before the loop but that wasn't enough time apparently. So this version has it set to 5 seconds and it appears the problem is now solved as I can no longer recreate it on my setup.

will check it out this weekend ! 

are you on kodi 16 or 17 ? I still didn't upgrade waiting for a release candidate

Just now, ashramrak said:

will check it out this weekend ! 

are you on kodi 16 or 17 ? I still didn't upgrade waiting for a release candidate

Everything is tested on an i3 system with a solid state drive running Kodi 16.1. So if there are bugs outside of that system I can modify as needed but this script is rewritten to account for slower systems and faster system should not be affected.

On 10/13/2016 at 4:11 PM, CoinTos said:

Tried it and it's working properly, except for the BB upgrade prompt which was not properly detected for me because Kodi was launched again during the upgrade

edit : my bad, when the plugin is upgraded instead of freshly installed there's an issue where the autohotkey exe is the one from the old version, currently looking into it

edit2 : just needed to scratch the stuff from userdata...

Edited by ashramrak

ok so here is the plugin v1.1 courtesy of CoinTos, many thanks to him for his much needed modifications !

if you are upgrading from 1.0 please make sure to go in the options and select "delete and update userdata scripts on next run"

script.launchbox.launcher-1.1.zip

On 10/12/2016 at 7:42 PM, CoinTos said:

Edited by ashramrak

3 hours ago, Charco said:

What are the benefits of the new addon? I haven't had any issues with the current one I have as it boots to Big Box and when I hit exit it goes back to Kodi without any problems.

Depends on what you are comparing it to. As far as compared to the 1.0 version of ashramrak:

• All irrelavent code from the steam autohotkey script he modified has been removed.
  • An updater check was written by me to make sure if the installer was running Kodi wouldn't be relaunched as BigBox will be restarted once the install completes.
  • The script was written to remove GOTO calls and to make understanding flow easier.
  • A clean up check to make sure Big Box was closed after Kodi brought back to focus by the script.
  • Was commented to help those learning/editing/recompiling the autohotkey script know what or where they might want to modified for their own setups.

The big plus of this was to get a uniform plugin that both ashramrak and I will support.

@ashramrak maybe you should submit it to the downloads for third party plugins and we will break from this thread and support it under it's newly create thread to save confusion.