LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for launching big box?

MultipleX

Syriacn copy and pasted teeedubb's addon, changed a few strings here and there then the whole stuff kind of worked, but the AHK script still had a lot of references to Steam... for example it was waiting for steam BPM to be loaded before it closed launchbox, which of course never happened... I copy and pasted teeedubb's addon as well but changed every single reference to steam and adapted everything to launchbox, everything should now work as intended. I am almost done with the full addon repackaging; I'll also publish the .AHK source, it was not present in syriacn's mod cheers

ok here is the full addon v1.0 The addon name is "LaunchBox", because I wanted to avoid all confusion with Syriacn's version; I also replaced the main icon with the LaunchBox logo (mainly because I don't like the BigBox logo with the blue stuff on top) I replaced every single reference to steam, adapted everything to launchbox and removed all the code refering to linux, OSX and android : the addon is now windows only (as is launchbox so it makes sense...) Everything should work as intended: quit kodi, minimize, pre and post scripts, and no more strange behaviour with the Steam launcher; tell me if you got any issues... also; the AHK code source is provided inside the archive, like it was the case with teeedubb's steam addon @Syriacn : hope you don't take offense or anything in any of this, I really appreciated your version of the addon and I used it for awhile Smile

SentaiBrad said What is the Add-on's License like? I know most Kodi addon's are Open, but not all of them are. As long as the license is being followed everything should be fine.
teeedubb's steam launcher has a MIT license :
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Bedwyr said It's not a critical use issue for me as I've reverted to XB360 controllers for the time being. The problem has been twofold. First, Kodi 17 implemented initial support for the XBOne controller under xinput, I believe. This was needed as Microsoft mucked around with the input assignments again in March, screwing up 16.x Jarvis use (Kodi reads the controller trigger at rest as "right-input-as-fast-as-possible"). Unfortunately right now the beta incorrectly reads controller input *even while Kodi does not have focus*. I put in a bug report but have yet to see activity or a single response from whoever on the team is responsible for developing the XB1 support.
Hey there, is it better now in regard to your xbox one controllers ? like I mentionned I'm considering getting one of these... apart from kodi/LB are you happy with it ? any particular issues configuring it in various emulators ? I'm really hesitating between getting a new xb360 pad (mine is really old and getting worn out...) or a XBO one... but they are more expensive so I'd like to know it's worth it as an upgrade :)

Personally, I use a PS4 controller with InputMapper and it works great. After the update from Microsoft that screwed up Xbox One controller drivers (they're slightly different then Xbox 360 apparently), we updated and Kodi will be updating to fix them. The PS4 controller with the software emulates a 360 controller, but the controller it's self is obviously better and is not completely at the whim of Microsoft.

ashramrak said
Bedwyr said It's not a critical use issue for me as I've reverted to XB360 controllers for the time being. The problem has been twofold. First, Kodi 17 implemented initial support for the XBOne controller under xinput, I believe. This was needed as Microsoft mucked around with the input assignments again in March, screwing up 16.x Jarvis use (Kodi reads the controller trigger at rest as "right-input-as-fast-as-possible"). Unfortunately right now the beta incorrectly reads controller input *even while Kodi does not have focus*. I put in a bug report but have yet to see activity or a single response from whoever on the team is responsible for developing the XB1 support.
Hey there, is it better now in regard to your xbox one controllers ? like I mentionned I'm considering getting one of these... apart from kodi/LB are you happy with it ? any particular issues configuring it in various emulators ? I'm really hesitating between getting a new xb360 pad (mine is really old and getting worn out...) or a XBO one... but they are more expensive so I'd like to know it's worth it as an upgrade :)
I haven't yet reverted from 16.1 to 17.0 alpha. So I haven't tested it again yet. I anticipate it won't be a problem at at because: - I'm not running a program that doesn't suspend Kodi. - Steam and BB are shutting Kodi down - Everything else is on Advanced Launcher which has a popup "opening stream..." dialog that prevents unwanted inputs as far as I can tell. - Even if it does screw things up, I can simply do a kdiff on yours and Syriacn's changes for other external programs I want to run outside Kodi. Man I need to resolve that AnyDVD purchase issue. I use it to run Bluray discs in Kodi.

• 3 months later...

I just this in my Kodi box and I can't seem to get it to work, sort of.  I click the big box icon to launch it and it does.  But after a few seconds it goes back to Kodi.  I launch it again and it goes back to where i was in big box, but again seconds later, back to Kodi.  I can't seem to get it to stay in big box.  When I close Kodi big box is still running and it's where i was left off at.

Here's my current setup:

Windows 10 x64 running in on an Intel NUC

Kodi 16, running the Sky build by the Griff

Launchbox 6.9 

The latest version of this big box launcher

Launcher4kodi

23 hours ago, kamileon said:

I just this in my Kodi box and I can't seem to get it to work, sort of.  I click the big box icon to launch it and it does.  But after a few seconds it goes back to Kodi.  I launch it again and it goes back to where i was in big box, but again seconds later, back to Kodi.  I can't seem to get it to stay in big box.  When I close Kodi big box is still running and it's where i was left off at.

Here's my current setup:

Windows 10 x64 running in on an Intel NUC

Kodi 16, running the Sky build by the Griff

Launchbox 6.9 

The latest version of this big box launcher

Launcher4kodi

try my version of the addon : https://cloud.e-rak.net/index.php/s/xTk0DRtUCYP9Wxo

10 hours ago, FoxyMonty said:

@ashramrak

I replaced the original addon with your version since the original was only minimising Kodi and not closing it. This has fixed that problem however now when i exit out of BigBox, kodi is not launched again. Any thoughts?

make sure you have kodi location setup correcty in the addon settings

On 10/5/2016 at 8:55 PM, ashramrak said:

make sure you have kodi location setup correcty in the addon settings

I have the kodi location setup correctly, kodi will minimise but nothing after Big Box closes :/. I've noticed that LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe remains in my toolbar after closing, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by FoxyMonty

I can confirm the same result as FoxyMonty, seem to start after the latest updates to LaunchBox/BigBox. Seems like it could be hanging or looping past on the exit detection of BigBox as the LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe doesn't exit now but that is just a guess as I won't be able to debug the script till later tonight.

Edit:

So I got time to look at the ahk source and the issue lies with line 58 and the WinWait, it appears to hang there because of the 'LaunchBox' in front ahk_exe BigBox.exe, removing the labels allows the script to continue as expected. See attached ahk with all LaunchBox labels removed.

Edited by CoinTos
removed old version, see new thread

On 10/7/2016 at 5:27 PM, CoinTos said:

hk source and the issue lies with line 58 and the WinWait, it appears to hang there because of the 'LaunchBox' in front ahk_exe BigBox.exe, removing the labels allows the script to continue as expected. See attached ahk with all LaunchBox labels removed.

LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.ahk

Nice! 

I've been pretty busy the past few days but I'll recompile the exe with your mods and upload the fixed addon when I get a minute next week

One more small correction you may want to check as I forgot to include it in file. In the process exist ErrorLevel block before you 'Send {Esc}' you have WinWait, you probably want to use WinWaitActive as you mostly don't want to send escape till the window is truely in focus. Now, this is just out of curiousity but why the need to send escape if the process and window already exists and have been brought to focus?

Edited by CoinTos