LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for launching big box?

MultipleX

Hello @drfrag, Jason is correct, the add-on will not work for XBMC 13. I was like you with my system all set up how I liked it. But took the leap into the Kodi 15, after a while you get use to setting everything back how you had it and it becomes second nature.

Syriacn said Hello @drfrag, Jason is correct, the add-on will not work for XBMC 13. I was like you with my system all set up how I liked it. But took the leap into the Kodi 15, after a while you get use to setting everything back how you had it and it becomes second nature.
Thanks for the responses :) I installed Kodi and the bigbox add on now works perfectly. Most of my settings were auto-migrated over so it was a lot less work than I expected. Thanks for the kick-ass addon!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
dmaker said I'm having this issue as well. BB launches fine, but when exiting it drops me to the desktop with Kodi minimized. Has there been any resolution to this yet?
There's a setting in the add on or big box, that will resume kodi once big box closes. I know it works because I got it setup that way. If no one able to help you get a setting by the time I get home from work, I'll give you my exact settings.

dmaker said That would be great, cash84. Thank-you
I checked my settings and I thought I did change something but they are set at default except where the location bigbox.exe is. Kodi is set as fullscreen and when you click on bigbox, it will load up. To get out of bigbox and back on to kodi, you have to either hit esc on keyboard and scroll down to exit and will bring kodi right back to full screen. If you're using joypad, set a button to exit out of bigbox, you can custom that in options of BigBOX. I use windows 7 x64.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm also curious if there has been any fix for the kodi staying minimized issue? I too use kodi in true full-screen mode (it works better on my machine with that setting), but it means kodi doesn't restore properly when exiting bigbox with the kodi app. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Walrus13 said Hi, I'm also curious if there has been any fix for the kodi staying minimized issue? I too use kodi in true full-screen mode (it works better on my machine with that setting), but it means kodi doesn't restore properly when exiting bigbox with the kodi app. thanks
I am also having these kinda problems. what do u do to get kodi reappear again?

Hi Paynemaster If you run Kodi in window fullscreen mode, the app will work fine and kodi will pop back up like a champ :). The only setting it doesnt seem to work with is if kodi is set to true fullscreen mode. Anywho, the settings are under system and then video in kodi.

Walrus13 said Hi Paynemaster If you run Kodi in window fullscreen mode, the app will work fine and kodi will pop back up like a champ :). The only setting it doesnt seem to work with is if kodi is set to true fullscreen mode. Anywho, the settings are under system and then video in kodi.
i assume u also use a shell for kodi?. because on full screen kodi doesn't get back when i exit bigbox. Only happens when i putt kodi in windowed full screen. but that seems to mute the sound once i get back in kodi. i get the feeling there are allot of issues with kodi shell in combination with bigbox. wouldn't it be a good idea to make a guide for getting kodi shell work properly on bigbox? Maybe somebody here has the right answers

Howdy Nope i dont use a shell for my kodi, but I think in the bigbox app there is an option to stop Kodi audio, you dont have that ticked do you? Also, advanced launcher is another app launcher that is worth a go, it has a few more options and might fix the muted sound.

Walrus13 said Howdy Nope i dont use a shell for my kodi, but I think in the bigbox app there is an option to stop Kodi audio, you dont have that ticked do you? Also, advanced launcher is another app launcher that is worth a go, it has a few more options and might fix the muted sound.
yeah i know advance launcher. But i wanna stick with launch box. big fan of it. could u point out where i can find that kodi audio in bigbox can't find it right away. If ur not using a kodi shell then i am very curious how u setup ur system

In kodi big box addon under advanced is an option: suspend kodi audio when launching big box...was thinking yours could be ticked and bugging out the audio? just a thought :) Oh and my setup is weird i guess, but i have my main computer in my bedroom, it is always hooked up to a tv and a monitor via hdmi. I use the monitor for work/uni stuff and the tv for movies and games. I control everything on the tv with a 360 controller, so if i click the 2 thumbsticks windows knows to launch kodi etc, just a few basic xpadder setups :). Once in kodi i never need a keyboard and mouse and i use big box app to launch pc games etc

yeah thought so u meant that one. but with that i also have issues.''Suspend Kodi Audio When Running Big Box'' i need to turn that on. because when i launch bigbox i get nog sound when its turned off. but then the issue will be that there will be no sound on kodi once i re enter kodi.

hmm no expert but it does sound like it is relating to you using a shell for kodi, like kodi doesn't minimize properly to allow bigbox control, which results in no sound.....just a guess though. Going back to advanced launcher, i think i didnt explain myself well there lol, happens a lot :), you can use adv laucnher to point to ur install of bigbox and it will launch it identical to the big box app, but with the benefit that adv launcher has a few more options that may solve your problem. So, if it was me i would grab adv launcher, point it to load bigbox, and play with some options, if that works, would be identical to ur current setup, but with sound :) .....again im no expert though, just thinking about what i would try if i was in ur situation.

ah good idea! thanks for the info gonna try that out i will post if it worked. I also had gotten the feeling using kodi as Windowed full screen makes my movies lag a tiny bit. so there is no fix putting kodi on normal full screen? in all this kodi keeps active on the background. is there no way that bigbox launches kodi after being closed down? that should really fix allot of issues for everyone

howdy, Yup is no easy way to have kodi in true fullscreen and bigbox min/max properly...as far as i know. However, im 99% sure adv launcher has an option that when u load a program (such as big box) rather than suspend or min kodi it completley exits out of it, then when you exit bigbox, advlauncher loads kodi again. This of course adds a few seconds at least to loading kodi. Also not 100% sure how that would work with a shell of kodi? but is worth a shot :D