LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn coming ?

Lordmonkus

On August 6, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Zombeaver said:

This is awesome. Got things up and running well and testing things now. I found that by default the screen doesn't seem to stretch to full dimensions in full screen so first I tried using the "-ss.stretch aspect" function which helped but still wasn't quite full for whatever reason. Changing it to "-ss.stretch 0 -ss.xscalefs 5 -ss.yscalefs 5" however fixed it beautifully.

I tried this but it's in 4:3 on my 1080p 16:9 screen. Is there a way to go 16:9 but still look good?

edit: never mind want original aspect ration so this is good

Edited by ckp

33 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

And I take it this is one that you already ran through CDMage?

No I didn't have to do anything to my images once I used the europe bios as mph-17933.bin !! woohoo!

now i'm just wondering what the best command line parameters are with original aspect ratio, performance, best looking, etc.

37 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

For standalone, Alt + Shift + 1 configures player one controls and  Alt + Shift + 2 for player 2.

Thanks, that worked, although I was a bit confused at first. I assumed pressing alt-shift-2 would guide me through two controllers and it made me press each item twice. Then I realized I had to do alt-shift-1 after doing alt-shift-2 to get both of them. it didn't let me use the analog though for up/down/left/right

-ss.scanlines 40 -ss.special nn2x -ss.stretch aspect_int -video.driver opengl -video.glvsync 0 -video.blit_timesync 0 -ss.input.port1 3dpad -cd.image_memcache 1 -ss.cart auto

There is my command line parameters I use in Launchbox if you want to try it. Obviously you can change some things to suit your needs but the "-ss.input.port1 3dpad" enables the analog controls and then you will have to the alt shift 1 binding.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

-video.driver opengl -video.glvsync 0 -video.blit_timesync 0

i don't see these options on the mednafen saturn settings page.

i tried your command but the game screen was tiny and i didn't like scan lines, but thanks for letting me try!

so far i like this one suggested on the first page of this thread, but i added your last couple settings too:

-ss.stretch 0 -ss.xscalefs 5 -ss.yscalefs 5 -cd.image_memcache 1 -ss.cart auto

for them 3dpad, i'm not sure why it rendered my xbox360 dead. i was able to press everything in the player 1 setup for it.

so i had to set the controller back to just using dpad. i may try again later because i prefer using the analog joystick

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Were you able to rebind all your buttons including the analog stick ?

yes it made me press twice for everything.

when it got to dpad i pressed the dpad directions. when it got to analog, i used the left analog stick directions. but not even any buttons, stick or dpad worked after it said done.

6 minutes ago, ckp said:

yes it made me press twice for everything.

when it got to dpad i pressed the dpad directions. when it got to analog, i used the left analog stick directions. but not even any buttons, stick or dpad worked after it said done.

Ok so now that you have the dpad and analog stick bound, when you load a game you press the button you bound to "Mode" and it toggles the controls between the dpad and analog. You will see a + and o at the bottom of the screen indicating which is the active control method.

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Ok so now that you have the dpad and analog stick bound, when you load a game you press the button you bound to "Mode" and it toggles the controls between the dpad and analog. You will see a + and o at the bottom of the screen indicating which is the active control method.

i tried pressing Mode (my Back button) but neither dpad nor stick did anything. neither did start or any buttons. so i put my original cfg back before i made the 3dpad change