LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn coming ?

Lordmonkus

Not really.

You can save out a preset when you find one you like and it gets saved as a preset file in the \shaders folder (before you get into the CGP and GLSL folders) and those you can cycle through with a hotkey. I think it's M or something, you can look in the hotkey bindings to find out for sure.

I double checked, by the way, and integer scaling is off as I thought.

Like I said, this issue is specific to this core for me. The custom settings I created turn it from this:

RA Mednafen Saturn - Normal Viewport.jpgTo this (but zoomed in accordingly, so it stretches to the top and bottom of the screen):

RA Mednafen Saturn - Custom Viewport.jpgSettings (presumably these could only be used for 1080p):

RA Mednafen Saturn - Custom Viewport Settings.jpg

One other interesting thing I noticed is that it would seem that it's using the same BIOS as North America for the PAL games based on the documentation. I was looking for the file name that it wanted for the PAL BIOS but in their description for it mpr-17933.bin (the one that we're already using for North America) it says "Required for North America/US-region and Europe-region games". I guess this isn't so crazy given that PAL games already worked with Mednafen when region-patched to read as North America.

http://mednafen.fobby.net/documentation/ss.html

• 11 months later...

I won't be able to test it until tonight, but presumably you'd want to set/save it for individual games that support it. That's how I did all my PSX overrides for Dual Shock vs Dual Analog vs Digital Pad. You'll want to set "Analog to digital type = " to none for those games otherwise you'll still be sending d-pad inputs.

This is a list of games that support it:

http://segaretro.org/3D_Control_Pad#List_of_supported_games