LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Saturn Retroarch cue file problem

master333

I have done everything you are describing, and yet this didn't work with Deep Fear and Panzer Dragoon Saga either: (

Also, I might be wrong, but doesn't Mednafen Saturn core not support save-states? In this case the only way to play these games would be to rename either the disk files or the saves...

Edited by darkfalzx

• 7 months later...

good evening all, i use this topic cause i have problem with sega saturn swap.

i'm trying swap function, in the m3u i put first the 2nd disc, start sega saturn, the game ask me to put disc 1, when i need to swap disc, i open tray, choice 1st disc, then close tray. One game continue to say me please insert disc 1, other games sega saturn reset.

With psx is perfect.

Maybe is normal that if you put first the second disk a real sega saturn reset anyway?

I think it depends on the game. I'm thinking that some games will take you back to the CD player screen as soon as an eject signal is sent and others don't. I don't know that for sure though. I don't have enough first-hand experience doing it in Mednafen/Beetle Saturn (or a real Saturn) to say. I know it doesn't work this way in Mednafen/Beetle PSX (or on a real PSX), which doesn't reset when the eject button is pressed.

It should also be noted that swapping was literally just implemented (in the Retroarch core) less than a week ago at this point, so you'll need to make sure your core is up to date. I do know that swapping doesn't work correctly in the game Enemy Zero, but this is true even in standalone Mednafen. I know that someone else on the forums got disc swapping to work on the game Lunacy with standalone Mednafen. And based on one of the responses to the tweet below, apparently someone else got it to work with Policenauts.

• 1 month later...

i downloaded the mednafen_saturn core in retroarch and the 2 bios .bin files , the games i found are either 3 .bin files and 1 .cue , or 1 .bin  and one .cue but nither works when i try to launch them through launchbox they just dont launch what i do wrong i dont know ???? do i have to select default app for oppen cue files the notepad++ cause i curently have vlc ??

by default id didnt use any asociated platform i had to creat Sega Saturn and yes i make sure paltform and console names are same , and im sure i have the corect mednafen saturn core in core foldre in retroarch 

i downloaded games from emuparadise il try deferent region maybe europe region is not working 

still downloading 

i downloaded Night Wariors: Darkstalekrs revenge, from the isozone as you guys sugested, i tried to oppen it with retroarch first  also as you said , and i selected the .cue file and the Sega Saturn (beetle) core throough retroarch and it doesnt load through retroarch either????

If you are getting a straight up crash, the bios image is most likely wrong. Make sure you get the exact bios images that are compatible with the Mednafen core - mpr-17933.bin and sega_101.bin, and place them in the system folder of Retroarch. This way you should at least see the emulator fire up.