LaunchBox Community Forums

ANY REPLACEMENT FOR EMUMOVIE

Jason Carr

I have been using Launchbox for a while now. After I almost literally pulled my hair out trying to configure Hyperspin. I love how easy the interface is to use and how cool the customization is, it's great. After watching the recent Big Box 6.0 update video. I fell in love with the new cover flow and layout options. But, What I really fell in love with the Videos that play under the boxes. I have been downloading complete ROM sets for a lot of consoles and I really don't know half of the games that are in these folders. I recently paid the $20 bucks for the premium edition but, I was severely shocked when i realized that the videos were not under my games like the one Youtube. So I soon found out that the videos dont come with the $20 payment but, they are implemented through a secondary site called EmuMovie. I have been really regretting my premium purchase because the only reason I got the premium was for the videos. I recently went to another site and I was able to download snap vids for all of my MAME Roms. Needless to say that took forever. So I can just imagine how long it going to take for my 800 SNES games. I need help from anybody that can help me. If there is anyway, some one could allow me to use their EmuMovies account or if you could send me a zip files with the emumovies I am looking for, or even tell me of a good alternative to EmuMovie, I could gladly help you out with a donation on paypal. I just really dont want to have to spend anymore money on this project, especially being that I was so disappointed when I purchased the premium. I know now that I should've asked before I made the purchase. But, Again, If anybody could help me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much. Have a nice day.

thadoughboy15 I removed your e-mail and twitter. EmuMovies though is the only integrated option, and if you are willing to pay someone to give them to you, why not just buy a premium level at EmuMovies? Even if you don't, there are easy readily available video packs out there that are free of charge. We also don't endorse stealing from EmuMovies, hence why I removed your contact information. There are plenty of ways to get the video, and as long as the video name matches the file name or the game name in LaunchBox all you need to do is put that video in the correct System folder inside the Video folder. I also understand why you feel like you got ripped off too, and if you'd rather have a refund Jason will be happy to oblige you, but the two main sources for these video charge access because of Server cost and the time it takes for them to put it together. You're paying for conveience. If you want to find the video on your own, that is also a completely viable option.

No problem. I understand. I really don't want to make it seem as though. I got ripped off. Its really my fault for not paying closer attention. I need to get more information on how to get the videos. I didn't mean to do anything obligatory to the site or anyone. But, Yeah, I might go about getting that refund. I will email jason maybe. I respect what is going on here. I love using the launch box interface it has really help me out a lot. Thanks for the reply. No harm was intended BTW. Have a nice day.

I completely understand no harm was intended, you just want to make it look like we do in the video's and that's completely understandable. We integrated EmuMovies to begin with because a lot of people were asking for it actually, so for a long time people either already knew about EmuMovies and had an account or had gotten video from somewhere else. All of the video from EmuMovies or Hyperspin already do exist elsewhere, but the point of paying is for the conveience and for it to be integrated with LaunchBox for EmuMovies. I've already let Jason know about this so if you do want that refund just let one of us know and we'll get that ready for you. We do apoligize for any confusion though.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/6/2016 at 6:07 AM, thadoughboy15 said:

I have been using Launchbox for a while now. After I almost literally pulled my hair out trying to configure Hyperspin. I love how easy the interface is to use and how cool the customization is, it's great. After watching the recent Big Box 6.0 update video. I fell in love with the new cover flow and layout options. But, What I really fell in love with the Videos that play under the boxes. I have been downloading complete ROM sets for a lot of consoles and I really don't know half of the games that are in these folders. I recently paid the $20 bucks for the premium edition but, I was severely shocked when i realized that the videos were not under my games like the one Youtube. So I soon found out that the videos dont come with the $20 payment but, they are implemented through a secondary site called EmuMovie. I have been really regretting my premium purchase because the only reason I got the premium was for the videos. I recently went to another site and I was able to download snap vids for all of my MAME Roms. Needless to say that took forever. So I can just imagine how long it going to take for my 800 SNES games. I need help from anybody that can help me. If there is anyway, some one could allow me to use their EmuMovies account or if you could send me a zip files with the emumovies I am looking for, or even tell me of a good alternative to EmuMovie, I could gladly help you out with a donation on paypal. I just really dont want to have to spend anymore money on this project, especially being that I was so disappointed when I purchased the premium. I know now that I should've asked before I made the purchase. But, Again, If anybody could help me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much. Have a nice day.

Dude, if you dont want to pay for the work of others, search in youtube or google. Is so easy to find on internet pack of medias. Just search for (Hyperspin snes media) or change snes for mame or atari or whatever...

Edited by EduInmigrante

• 1 year later...