LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with TurboGrafx CD

Mizar

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:25 AM, Lordmonkus said:

Here is a tutorial I did a little while back, it covers TG CD, Sega CD and Playstation. The Retroarch Mednafen core handles both regions games without issues for me. There is even the supergrafx core that handles the small library of supergrafx and CD games.

Thank you for the Video Lordmonkus, I was on that struggle bus trying to get all my disk based Emulators to work, with this video it fixed all the issues I had in one fell swoop! Big ups to you!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

try adding the -L in the retroach screen , that was the issue i was having 

What ? This is not needed anymore, especially if using a relatively recent build of Launchbox where you don't even need to type in the command line parameters, you just choose the core from the dropdown menu.

21 hours ago, mohanned85 said:

i cant get this to work at all i follow all videos  but no joy anyone able help

it might be bad roms but dont know thanks

I have keep repeating this but make sure your bios are 100% correct first. They have the precise information needed on the Retroarch documentation page https://docs.libretro.com/library/beetle_pce_fast/#bios

Once you are 100% certain the bios are correct then you need to find good disk image dumps, preferably from Redump, they are 100% accurate disk rips and will work every time with the correct bios.

1 minute ago, mohanned85 said:

still same issue

Can you share some images? If it works in retroarch by itself then it will work in Launchbox, the fact that it is not means you have something configured incorrectly in Launchbox. Can you share images of your Retroarch edit emulator screen and the associated platform tab there. Also right click a game in that platform and go to edit and get a shot, and then click the emulation tab there and grab a image of that as well.

15 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Make sure you have your platform names matching, the platform name in LB and in the Associated Platforms in the Edit Emulator window needs to be named the same. Also make sure you have the correct core selected in the Associated Platforms.

screenshot.129.jpg

ok then here is the question ..are you running iso's? is this where your failing ?...can you run the regular  .PCE files ?

I ran into this issue once before where my .iso's where launching with the wrong core . I simply made another folder with retroarch, MANUALLY  add it in launchbox (i named it retroarch_pce) in it and installed only that core to run the iso's for my tg16.

for some reason retroarch could not tell what iso file is running  and kept launching the Sega CD with all my iso's 

so i have :

1 folder  retroarch

1 folder retoarch_pce

----------------------------------------

manually add the second retroarch_pce and specify it only for tg16 ..should work 

Edited by shadowfire36

2 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

ok then here is the question ..are you running iso's? is this where your failing ?...can you run the regular  .PCE files ?

I ran into this issue once before where my .iso's where launching with the wrong core . I simply made another folder with retroarch, MANUALLY  add it in launchbox (i named it retroarch_pce) in it and installed only that core to run the iso's for my tg16.

for some reason retroarch cannot tell what iso file is running  and kept launching the Sega CD with all my iso's 

no i use pce i copied video exactly

hence asked if someone can check teamviewer with me thx

the game in the picture is most probably an iso...do your run any other emulators that use iso's?  sega cd ? neo geo? plays station ? playstation 2 ?    

can you run a .pce game like legendary axe or bonks adventure that is not an iso ?

the other question is do  you have the correct super system card 3.0 in the correct retroarch folder 

Edited by shadowfire36

4 minutes ago, shadowfire36 said:

the game in the picture is most probably an iso...do your run any other emulators that use iso's?  sega cd ? neo geo? plays station ? playstation 2 ?    

can you run a .pce game like legendary axe or bonks adventure that is not an iso ?

the other question is do  you have the correct super system card 3.0 in the correct retroarch folder 

i dont have any them games a i dont know what is Super system card 3.0 or if i got tbh

i