LaunchBox Community Forums

Rejected Game

SolidEggen

Anybody that can tell me why my Metal Slug XX for the xbox 360 is being rejected? I use a lot of time with my games added. Collecting the right information, gameplay pictures, fanart, ect. Kinda sad to see the hard work being rejected without any explanation

Can you give me some examples? If a moderator rejects the entry, they must provide a reason. If the reason is not sufficient enough or they're putting in something like "N/A", which to me reads like they rejected it because they felt like it, then Jason and I need to take action against that. I can tell you why I reject stuff, but I also sign all of my rejections because I don't believe it should be anonymous, but others and Jason feel differently, so this is my way of putting a face to my rejection. I stand by anything I reject or accept and I can have an honest and fair conversation about something in either direction so it doesn't bother me one bit. This is just me though, and not a majority of our users / Database moderators.

I don't know how to give a direct link, but, for example, yesterday I submitted an entry for "Tom Clancy's SSN" (Windows). This game is not a duplicate, the entry is valid, complete with box art and screenshots, etc. Now it has 2 reject votes and 0 accept votes. Clearly, the moderators see something wrong with it, and I'd like to know what the problem is, so I can fix it and re-submit. Same with my entry for "Wages of War: The Business of Battle"—rejection votes come in and I have no way to find out what's wrong and how to fix it. It would help if we could actually see the rejection reasons the moderators provide. As of now, it's sort of disconnected, you only see "Rejection votes: 2", and that's it, no explanation. A feedback system would be very helpful here, I think.

You are supposed to see those reasons, and I had assumed on the Change Statuses screen that every user has access to. I can't seem to find this either though, so it could be bugged or broken currently. Unfortunately, when a whole game is being added, there is no way to reject just specific spots of the metadata right now. However, If you added it as "Tom Clancy's SSN" (Windows)", then that could be a very good reason why they rejected it (I say they because I don't remember seeing this myself). The titles shouldn't have a platform identifier, there should be a platform for most everything and if it doesn't exist we should create it. Windows currently has MS-DOS separated, with Win 3.x and Win9.x probably to follow as platforms for those era games, but without seeing the entry on the database it is hard to tell why either we rejected. As long as you are following the guidelines you shouldn't be being rejected, necessarily, and I may need to update the guidelines in some situations, either for or against. If you did follow the guidelines, and there isn't a reason why the game should have been rejected, then we need to look at out moderators and make sure they know what the guidelines are. I will let Jason know, and he will be able to see who and what. At the very least, him letting us know what those reasons are could shed a lot of light on the situation. I do apologize you aren't seeing the reasons. The feedback system is important for everyone, and the guidelines exist for these reasons for both contributors and moderators, and it seems that it could be failing us right now. That shouldn't be happening, so I apologize.

My game add was Metal Slug XX for Xbox 360, witch is not a duplicate. Full description, front art, gameplay picture and 3 fan arts. Mine got 3 rejects so its fully rejected. But no explanation for why. Beside the red rejected word there is an information icon. When i hold the cursor over it, it reads: No reason was given, most likely because this moderation came in before the completion of the rejection reason system. Is there something new to this rejection reason system? Because when i moderated some time back it was already a space to explain why you rejected something.

SentaiBrad >> If you added it as "Tom Clancy's SSN" (Windows)", then that could be a very good reason why they rejected it No that's not it. The game name is "Tom Clancy's SSN", and the platform is "Windows". The entry really looks valid to me, so it's probably some bug or misunderstanding, rather than decisive rejection by moderators. I'll greatly appreciate it if Jason would be able to find time to look into the issue (it could affect other submitters, beyond just the topic-starter and me). P.S. Absolutely no need to apologize :) the project is fantastic as it is, you guys are heroes. Some kinks in the system are inevitable, nothing to worry much.

Ah ok, I see the rejection symbol now. @glaymore check this spot for me and let me know if you have adequate reasons. https://i.imgur.com/L8E4oct.png @eggen88 There should be reasons. It actually doesn't let a moderator skip the rejection reason, they must provide a reason.

SentaiBrad What I see is as before, "Approvals: 0, Rejections: 2, Status: Pending", no information icons. Maybe the icon only appears after 3 rejection votes accumulate? In any case, it would be nice to be able to see rejection reasons for each vote as they come in.

A few days ago I submitted Ancient Land of Ys for the Apple IIGS seeing as the system hasn't got any games listed for it at present, I waited patiently and now I see it's been rejected.. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Belgarath_UK/ys_zpstpnavcyu.jpg No reason given..would be nice to have a reason seeing as it's a completely valid game including screenshots which proves the game exists.

I seem to be in the same boat. After having over 260 games accepted I suddenly have 9 games in a row being rejected. I take my submissions very seriously, often spending hours making sure I've got everything correct before uploading a submission. Yes, it can sometimes take a lot of research when dealing with games from the 8-bit era. Now, while I'm not here to complain about my rejections, I do think that the reason given is vague. The information just shows that posted in my attached image.

Now im wondering, why so many rejections when a lot of these contributors have had mostly approved games in the past? I assume the contributors didn't just suddenly get lazy or bored, I would just assume they'd stop submitting for awhile instead of submitting fake info.

I'm still on this guys, my apologies. The good news is that once I get it figured out I can fix these rejections. But yes, it seems like things are getting rejected improperly in some cases (without people actually rejecting them). This is my highest priority for this afternoon. I spent all day yesterday working on it though too, it's been quite a pain in the rear.

I believe I have this fixed now guys, praise the Lord. As it turns out, all new games submitted to the database since I last deployed the delete games functionality were being automatically rejected. No one was even seeing them in the moderation process. It boils down to me being an idiot, basically, but what else is new. ;) So now my immediate task is to re-send all of these rejected games back through the moderation process. Thanks for bearing with me on all this.